Intense urge

Postby helenadoc » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:23 pm

Hey guys! So, i am 1 year and almost 7 months clean and i am having a party at my house. There are 8 people present including me, 7 of them are smoking right now. I am a little drunk. I have this intense urge of smoking. I haven't felt that until now....ever. as i am writing this i am sitting on the balcony, smoking a cigarette and i am crying because i can't smoke. I want to, i really really want to, but my consciousness doesn't let me. So here i am , writing to you guys for suport :))). I feel a little bit pathetic :)))
So, since i have quit i have never felt this jntense urge of smoking. Never ever. Is it because i feel i can control myself, or is it because my addictive brain is telling me this?. I don't know. But i am here, writing this, so i don't go in the next room where 7 people are smoking...
Sorry about my english, i am drunk and it's not my native :D
helenadoc

Likes Received: 55

Postby tokeless » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:38 pm

Hi, it's the alcohol reducing your inhibitions and thought processing. I'd suggest going somewhere for a short walk if possible and safely just to get some space. Stop drinking too as it'll just play games with your decision making. Get through this and then you have to think about times where you are vulnerable to smoking weed and the company you keep. Well done for reaching for help rather than reaching for the joint.
tokeless

Likes Received: 230

Postby Anxious_mary_420 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:17 pm

Hi helenadoc, it’s been a while, how you doing ? Did you smoke in the end on Friday at the party ? I bet you didn’t! You’ve done so well over a year and a half, well done you. I ended up clean for 5/6 months then went and ruined it by smoking again, albeit a lot less but already my anxiety is back ! I know I have to stop again and for good but as yet I’m not quite ready. Hope your ok x
Anxious_mary_420

Likes Received: 41

Postby Cthompson21 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:01 pm

You have done so well and are an inspiration! I am glad you are on this forum and glad you were able to reach out. I also think that being 100% sober is the right way to go, I don't drink alcohol and my head is clearer because of it. It can also put you in tricky and tempting situations that can ruin all your progress. I don't know if smoking once would set you all the way back but it did some major damage to me. It's not worth it, though the rose colored glasses of alcohol intoxication distort that. But if you can drink and keep those temptations at bay kudos to you... whatever you do keep up the good work and I'm happy to read your updates.
Cthompson21

Likes Received: 38

Postby helenadoc » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:47 pm

Hey guys. I'm sorry i didn't answer your posts, i didn't got the notifications.
No, i didn't smoke :D but maaan that was hard :))) i'm ok, trying to get over this lazyness that got a hold of me and do some work :D i hope you guys are ok. Kisses
helenadoc

Likes Received: 55