100+ days weed free

Postby davis » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:54 am

After reading about people suffering with paws for a year plus, I thought I'd be one of those people.

I was smoking daily for over 20 years from waking up to sleep. I work from home so would smoke around every 30 minutes, a lot was smoked in that that time.

I quit in early October after failing quitting the previous year. I was getting frequent dizzy spells when waking up, followed by weeks of sickness each time. It might have been due to how my dealer was growing it or adding pesticides, who knows.

I experienced severe depression. Only being able to sleep for 2 hours at a time and nasty nightmares until late December. The anxiety I experienced while smoking weed had gone though and I never got depersonalization that I read a lot about here.

Since late December I'm very rarely depressed, far less than when I was smoking weed. Nightmares turned into normal to slightly vivid dreaming. I wake up every few hours but go straight back to sleep, and have not been dizzy at all since October. My mood is much better than when I was smoking and the cravings went quickly. I even kept 8 grams in the house to prove I could quit even with access to it for a few months. It got thrown out last week. Concentration, work ethic, and reduced over thinking have also been positive effects.

So don't get put off my the poor souls who are suffering for a long time, we're all different. Wish I did this years ago.
davis

Likes Received: 3

Postby davis » Thu May 23, 2019 7:58 pm

Update: Over 7 months now. Only symptoms are vivid dreams and increased emotions. Still wake up after every couple of hours, but not as pronounced. Really happy with how successful it's been. Sometimes I smell weed from passing cars with windows open. Doesn't trigger anything enough to start smoking again. I'm free.
davis

Likes Received: 3

Postby SparkleFly12 » Fri May 24, 2019 6:26 am

Thats great to hear! So strange, the vivid dreams only lasted about 2 months for me, but everyone is different.
SparkleFly12

Likes Received: 18

Postby Db82 » Fri May 24, 2019 2:31 pm

It's so refreshing to hear you are doing well sometimes we just need to say I am ok even though not everything is perfect all the time. Keep repeating good vibes and you will be ok. Good job and keep it up
Db82

Postby AnnaK » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:48 pm

I’m 99 days sober today. I was hoping to feel better. Still have anxiety and sleeping a lot. I’m exhausted all the time. I keep thinking it’s not weed so I had to come here and read.
I’m not going to smoke but I have easy access. Glad this forum is here. I do have less and less miserable emotions every week but it’s slow. I’m far from where I was in week three. Depression comes and goes but I am dealing with menopause too which is why I smoked so much. I was waiting to get this far. I want to see what another 99 days feels
like. I am thinking more clearly and managing responsibilities easier now.
AnnaK

Likes Received: 9