DP/DR questions

Postby Sherwood1999 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:50 am

Hey guys. Day 65. Unfortunately I feel as though my dpdr may have gotten worse. My family seem like strangers to me kinda. I have completely lost my sense of self. Obviously I still feel as tho I’m in a dream. I was just wondering if anyone else have felt this way or gone through what I’m going through. It’s so damn hard. I’m suffering so much. It quite a mess atm. :cry:
Sherwood1999

Likes Received: 0

Postby HopefulMe » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:24 am

Sherwood1999 wrote:Hey guys. Day 65. Unfortunately I feel as though my dpdr may have gotten worse. My family seem like strangers to me kinda. I have completely lost my sense of self. Obviously I still feel as tho I’m in a dream. I was just wondering if anyone else have felt this way or gone through what I’m going through. It’s so damn hard. I’m suffering so much. It quite a mess atm. :cry:

Yeah its hard. But all you can do is push through it. I know it sucks alot of us go through that bc of PAWS some intense and longer and others not so intense and shorter time but it's a common symptom read other stories on here and you will see you're not alone. Not feeling like urself and questioning everything . It gets manageable but yes there are times when it does get hard too. But with time you learn to push through it. Its ur battle within yourself. It's like your brain thinks those thoughts and you have to correct it to the best you can. It sucks but you have to give it time. I recommend watching comedies or kids movies. Especially kids movies they seem to help give your mind a bit of a break. If you have a pet try and spend extra time with it. Also venting is good. Talk to someone who wont judge you and will support you. Also as hard as it maybe go for a walk try and do it every day. Just remind yourself that its PAWS it's not dangerous if anything it's a good thing even though you really dont feel that way. But PAWS is your brain and body healing. Stay strong ok. You could do this. It's hard but you gatta fight it.
HopefulMe

Likes Received: 4

Postby Sherwood1999 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:01 am

Thanks for the reply Hopeful. It really helps me get through these hard times. I can say that without a doubt this is the hardest thing I’ll ever go through in my life. It’s probably gonna take me at least a year- a year and a half before I’m having good days again. It just sucks ya know? I’m gonna get a job and try to go to school so I can at least be occupied. I hope your feeling good too and I wish you a speedy recovery.
Sherwood1999

Postby Cthompson21 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:15 am

It will fade. It has all but faded for me. It took about 6 and a half months, and when I was in it I thought I was screwed up for good, reality seemed fragmented and it was like my brain couldn't process anything normally. Now I am just dealing with anxiety, but the DP and Dr and basically gone! I hope they don't come back but I don't think they will. Keep doing your best and staying strong, it's cliche but true when people say you're stronger than you think you are.
Cthompson21

Likes Received: 37

Postby Sherwood1999 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:00 am

Thanks C21. Glad to hear your DPDR is going away. Honestly I’d trade depression and anxiety for this dpdr. It really f**ks with my head lol. I’m gonna keep fighting! Glad to hear from ya! Any messages or replies mean so much to me.
Sherwood1999

Postby HopefulMe » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:10 pm

Sherwood1999 wrote:Thanks for the reply Hopeful. It really helps me get through these hard times. I can say that without a doubt this is the hardest thing I’ll ever go through in my life. It’s probably gonna take me at least a year- a year and a half before I’m having good days again. It just sucks ya know? I’m gonna get a job and try to go to school so I can at least be occupied. I hope your feeling good too and I wish you a speedy recovery.

I know what you mean. I have gone through some really messed up things growing up....but this, this is the worst and I didnt think it was possible to go through something worse than my childhood. But i get it. Its a battle within yourself and it's worse bc you dont feel like yourself. It gets manageable with time. N then theres times where it gets hard also. But with time when it does get hard you have made progress at the same time that you're able to push through it a bit better than when it first starts. Its kicking my butt right now but I keep trying to remind myself that its PAWS. They are symptoms and they dont last forever. I'm a year next month and I'm hoping to see more improvements. It's hard it really is. And these particular symptoms make it harder. BUT it's not always going to be like this ok. As shitty as you feel remember that. Oh also I wanted to recommend wearing sunglasses when you go out. It helps me out a bit so maybe you could benefit from it too. It's good to keep yourself busy. Just dont over do it and stress yourself out bc we are very sensitive to stress and so stress makes the symptoms feel worse and so making the symptoms worse equals more stress and it's just a vicious cycle. I also think you should write to vent. Especially before bed. I hope this is over soon for the both of us. Stay strong
HopefulMe

Postby Head in loud » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:08 am

This is very normal, I suggest you take some magnesium supplement. I’m 220 days and still get the DR/DP. It does get much better, you can do this.
Head in loud

Postby Sherwood1999 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:05 am

Thanks head, I will check out magnesium as I have nothing to lose. I’m glad to hear it’s getting better for you. I just wish I could wake up 1 year from now and be back to the way I was. DPDR is really my only paws symptom. The depression, anxiety, nightmares all stem from the dpdr. If it wasn’t there I think I’d be fine. I feel so lost. Thanks for the reply and insight tho I really appreciate it.
Sherwood1999

Postby leavepawsbehind » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:32 am

Hang in there man. You WILL be normal again.
leavepawsbehind

Likes Received: 8