My THC Withdrawal Symptoms and Experience

Postby rainingforest » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:05 pm

I thought I would post this in case it helps anyone else that decides to quit weed. My mind is still a bit off, so sorry if my sentences sound weird. As a backstory, I started smoking weed because it became legal in my state, and I had bad social anxiety. I started by smoking about 0.5 grams in a joint every night. That then led to buying a pipe and smoking 0.5 gram bowls twice a day. A while after that, I went to a bong, then to dabbing. I started smoking 6 months ago, but only started dabbing after 3 - 4 months. I dabbed probably around 0.1 to 0.2 grams at once, 2 - 3 times a day.

Sometimes when I ran out of weed for a day, I got pressure in my head and my anxiety returned. So I just continued smoking because "I have no withdrawals even after not smoking for a day." Boy, was I wrong... I started to unconsciously cut my wax usage down to 0.2 grams a day. I have no idea how I did this. Let's mark this as day one.

On day one, I felt fairly normal. I had much more energy than usual and my anxiety slightly returned. I went to bed fine that night.

On day two, I woke up with a horrible stomach ache. I had to use the bathroom almost every 30 minutes even if "nothing happened." I also started to get bored while playing games I usually enjoy. I just thought "Oh well ,this will get better tomorrow." That night, my heart felt like it was beating really fast, and my blood pressure jumped to 153/81 when it is usually 110/70 or so. At 9:30pm, I started to feel like I was having a heart attack (I wasn't), this led to my anxiety returning completely, and it caused me to have the worst panic attack of my life. I convinced myself that I had a severe stomach problem and I went to the hospital. Of course, they found nothing after a bunch of bloodwork and a CT scan. So they sent me home. I actually went to sleep fine that night, and the panic attack went away.

On day 3, I woke up feeling really anxious and tense. I couldn't focus on watching TV or anything. I stopped eating because my panic attacks made me think that this was a stomach issue and not withdrawals. I'll just say this now, but over the next few days, all I had was a banana every day, and a pack of crackers which I would eat from whenever I felt nauseous. That night, I went to the hospital again with a panic attack, although I signed myself out because I knew it wasn't a stomach issue.

On day 4, I went to the store with my parents to see if that would help the anxiety. It did slightly. However, as soon as my parents asked me if I felt better, the panic attacks returned. I had multiple that day and they seemed to last for an hour or more. Later that day I wanted to go to Urgent Care. They couldn't help me since they didn't have X Ray machines, so I had to go BACK to the ER. They of course found nothing, so they sent me home with some expensive medicine that is sucralose with some kind of aluminum compound attached. It is supposed to coat ulcers to help them heal. That's all the hospital could think of that I might have. The medicine worked, but I believe it was a placebo effect. I used a TINY amount of wax that night, maybe about 0.005 grams to help me sleep. I felt slightly better, but still really anxious. At that point, I KNEW it was the weed withdrawal that was causing the anxiety and panic attacks. I also started to randomly feel like crying, and time moved by incredibly slow. A day felt like 5 days. I felt extremely bored no matter what I did. I also started to get hot and cold flashes with random sweating. I also went to bed fine even though I didn't feel like sleeping.

On day 5, I woke up feeling really energized. Walking required no effort. I felt like I was walking on clouds. The panic attacks also died down significantly. The day was still going by really slow though. I was still not hungry at all, but I forced myself to eat. That made my stomach hurt again and I had to use the bathroom 5 times within that hour. I just layed down on my couch and watched TV all day even though it seemed really boring. I did not have hot flashes anymore, but I still had the feeling like I was cold even under two blankets. Note: laying down actually seems to help with the anxiety.

Day 6 (today) I woke up feeling really refreshed. I got out of bed, and it took so little effort that I almost launched myself into my wall. I'm still not that hungry today, but the panic attacks are completely gone. I feel like my body is tired, yet my mind is 100% alert. Time is also passing by at a much more normal rate for me. I believe I thought time was going by slower because I was focussing on the anxiety constantly. My mind is much more clear, and now I see that I was actually dependant on weed. Maybe not addicted since I could cut my usage fine, but it was close to addiction.

I'm just glad a quit. I might use it once in a great while, but I am going to place strict limits on myself. Like only using it after accomplishing something important. I will say though that everything seems really boring still. The only reason why I thought of posting this here was because I'm bored and have nothing to do.

If I have any advice, you should probably tell someone that you are quitting so they can convince you that the withdrawals aren't going to kill you. You might think you will do fine, but your brain will try to trick you into thinking you have a serious disease. I hope this helps someone.

Also, weed did help me change my thinking. I have zero social anxiety now. I don't care what people say about me (well, not to the point where I am a sociopath), and I do what I want without worrying about what people say (again, it is controlled, I still have inhibitions). That's the ONLY positive thing it has done in my life besides help with mild anxiety.
rainingforest

Likes Received: 0

Postby rainingforest » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:09 am

I'll add that I feel fairly normal today. I've only had one hot flash which made me sweat for 5 minutes. My anxiety is also back, but I had it before I started weed. I'm really glad I didn't use weed for longer than 6 months, otherwise I would be overloaded with anxiety.
rainingforest

Likes Received: 0