Observations about stress

Postby Cthompson21 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:25 pm

Hi everyone

I have been struggling up and down this past month. I know I said I would wait a while to make an update but this past month has been hellish and things got worse. Im at month 7 woohoo. But I just wanted to post my observations about stress since I think that's what's making things bad. I have to say that I was actually improving, I did a job interview and aced it, and I've been able to socialize more without feeling miserable from anxiety. Those two things made me realize I'm really healing. But then...

I was on an antibiotic treatment for about a week and it made me feel HORRIBLE. It steadily got worse and worse to the point where I was waking up in the middle of the night and couldn't breathe and had to stop the treatment (I have chronic prostatitis I'm trying to get rid of, it won't kill me, don't worry) because the anxiety it was giving me was too intense. I was on two strong antibiotics , Cipro and Bactrim. It was so bad I tried taking an antidepressant zoloft so I could keep going with the treatment but unfortunately it made things even worse to the point where I couldn't drive due to panic attacks. (No longer on that either) Basically I think they stress your body out and with PAWS everything is intensified. I don't know if I'll resume treatment later or just live with this prostate problem. It makes me worried too, what if I get a life threatening infection and have to take strong antibiotics again? PAWS has made it hard to handle them.

Then the other week I was feeling better and had a lot on my plate and so I just went and pushed myself, not sleeping early enough, not exercising. BOOM I started having panic attacks for no reason. Now the anxiety, fatigue, and DP has come back again so I'm trying to get it under control.

I have read the stress is not good and can actually damage the brain so whilst we suffer from PAWS it is best to eliminate stress or try to manage it. For me in both cases it has brought back the nasty PAWS symptoms when I thought they had been really going away. Hopefully I can get back on track soon. Sending everyone reading this strength and love for whatever you're going through. God knows I need it too!
Cthompson21

Likes Received: 39

Postby leo valdez » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:14 am

I don''t ever stress, I used to, but then I learnt one thing: Life goes on. It can hurt you badly, but If its going to happen anyways, theres no pint in stressing. Just live life to the fullest, and stressing goes no where, because whats going to happen is whats going to happen. Sometimes you can't do anything about it, so dont stress. Chill out
leo valdez

Likes Received: 0

Return to Addictions