Help to sleep paws

Postby Upfull » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:04 pm

I am so thankfully for this forum and everyone who contributes.

I need some advice on improving sleep please... currently a get an average of about 2.5 hours sleep a night. I can easily fall asleep I just wake up so early.

What can I take that could improve it that won't effect my recovery from paws?
Any other techniques?
Could anyone share there experience of how they improved there sleep

Any help would be so aprecieted
Upfull

Likes Received: 1

Postby dennisg787 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:15 pm

hi upfull.i quit last june and i have massive issues with sleep with all the others.
try to relax before bed,get some exercice to get tired during the day,meditate before bed,have a hot shower,but most important is to give it time.
i know its hard brother,its brutal.
for me even after 7 months my sleep its not perfect but way much better than it was.
be strong and you will get there.
dennisg787

Likes Received: 9

Postby Db82 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:31 pm

I believe sleep is crucial for long term recovery..
That said, there are ongoing clinical trials to aid marijuana withdrawal symptoms. The two main drugs being tested with are buspirone (and anti-anxiety medication) and zolpidem (a sleep aid). These can help curb the symptoms of marijuana withdrawal, allowing someone in recovery to think clearly while their body is suffering.
Db82

Postby Db82 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:07 pm

Db82

Postby Charles Swann » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:51 am

What improved my sleep: 1) time, 2) exercise, 3) limiting coffee to one cup per day. Hope this helps.
Charles Swann

Likes Received: 6

Postby leavepawsbehind » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:48 pm

I'm sober 13 months. I had terrible sleep for a while but I now generally get 8 hours of sleep with a night or two every month where I have trouble sleeping, which I think is normal. I didn't find much that helped aside from understanding that it was a normal part of withdrawal for those of us with PAWS. I'd lay still and keep my eyes closed. I avoided screens and blue light for a few hours before bed time. I made sure to always go to bed and to wake up at the same times. I gradually eliminated caffeine. The sleep gradually improved until it became normal again. I tried out magnesium and melatonin but noticed no changes or improvement from them. I refused anything that would create chemical dependence – I'm trying to stay sober, damnit! :lol:
leavepawsbehind

Likes Received: 29