How to join social groups with Aspergers

Postby rainingforest » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:34 am

When I join a group, for example, a Discord chat server, I analyze people's behavior, and I try to match theirs but still be myself. That has helped me join maybe 1 server with helpful people. However, I've noticed that now, people just bury my messages and ignore me.

I've tried to analyze my behavior, but I see nothing wrong. I am always nice to people, and if someone calls me a name or berates me, I just ignore them because it honestly doesn't bother me. I still care about people, but not the bad things they say about me.

It just seems like no one cares about new members and only well known members are allowed to speak. I may just be interpreting them wrong, but I can't seem to join any group and have a productive conversation.
rainingforest

Likes Received: 0

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:11 am

rainingforest wrote:It just seems like no one cares about new members and only well known members are allowed to speak. I may just be interpreting them wrong, but I can't seem to join any group and have a productive conversation.

In this forum you started two threads and have had three members reply and you were silent. It is sort of difficult to have a productive conversation when you choose to be silent, don’t you think?
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 1045

Postby rainingforest » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:56 am

What? If I missed any messages on previous posts, it's because I forgot about them. Also, there is no need to bring up issues on this forum when I am asking for help in a completely unrelated area.
rainingforest

Likes Received: 0

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:04 am

rainingforest wrote:What? If I missed any messages on previous posts, it's because I forgot about them. Also, there is no need to bring up issues on this forum when I am asking for help in a completely unrelated area.

I’m going to suggest that it isn’t unrelated. I’m going to guess, that the same way you forgot about threads you started and messages from members in this forum, is probably similar to how you interact...or fail to interact...in other forums and social groups. It probably doesn’t explain all of the difficulties you say that you experience, but it is something to consider. It is probably at least partially why you might struggle.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP

Postby BrokeSuicide » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:54 am

I see Richard is still trolling people. How many years have you been doing this now Richard? You keep coming back time and time again to troll people who may or may not be seeking help. I know I post here sometime but you are addicted. You come across bitter and upset. Are you always frustrated or angry Richard? Because that is how you come across. Get some help dude maybe still off the internet for a few months and come back fresh.
BrokeSuicide

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:48 pm

Thanks for your opinion Jason. Coming from you it means...well...if I’m honest, it has absolutely no value Jason. But, at least you have found some time out of your busy work and lack of savings to focus on something irrelevant to your life rather than your big emergency.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP