Does a contact high affect PAWS and brain chemistry?

Postby thegreatdane » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:55 pm

Im kind of freaking out because i was with a friend yesterday who smoked a lot of weed in his living room. Of course i didnt smoke but it smelled a lot of weed in that living room. Anyways when i went to bed at night i kind of felt weird, not high because i didnt feel good. I just felt anxious and spaced out. When i woke up i have had anxiety all day. It actually made me realise how far ive come because i havent had this type of anxiety since i quit weed in the first months. But anyways, have that "contact high" really affected my brain chemistry and progress? Have any of you had experiences with this?? Maybe its just a shock reaction from my body because it isnt used to getting a little thc in its system. At least i didnt feel high or good at all, so hopefully my dopamine/serotonin receptors in the brain are unaffected. Let me know what you think because ive been thinking about it all day :(!
thegreatdane

Likes Received: 40

Postby exstonerinhell » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:11 pm

To be honest, no one can really say. No one here is a brain scientist, and hell even brain scientists can't say how things do or don't affect brain chemistry in subtle ways. I wouldn't worry about it, there's been a few people here who full on relapsed during their paws, and maybe had a bit of a setback because of it but in the end pulled out just fine.

Try not to worry too much about what little, if any, exposure could do to you at this point. I know, easier said than done, but I doubt it did anything major other than give you the anxiety spike you're experiencing right now.
exstonerinhell

Likes Received: 82

Postby leavepawsbehind » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:27 pm

I think you were very afraid of the second hand contact and your body was on high alert. You're probably still experiencing fallout from the fear and anxiety. Just my guess though.
leavepawsbehind

Likes Received: 29

Postby thegreatdane » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:46 pm

exstonerinhell - I mean i doubt it did anything major too. As i said i didnt even feel high during the contact high, i actually just felt anxious. I just feel really foggy today and anxious, almost like a weed hangover before i was addicted. But yeah ill try not to worry about it. Ill keep myself on my path and it will be alright, thanks man.

- I didnt even think about the posibility of a contact high at all, but i just felt that anxiety when i layed in bed at night and i thought "Wow that was probably a contact high" So my mind didnt trick me or neither was it placebo, unfortunally. But yeah i dont think it has set me back because i didnt smoke.
thegreatdane

Likes Received: 40