Anger

Postby Jamespoulter123 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:23 am

Hey I’m new to this but I’m finding it hard to handle my anger and taking everything out on my girlfriend. It all stems from my dad when I was a child.
Does anyone else share these issues and/or know any good routines to do to suppress the anger
Jamespoulter123

Likes Received: 0

Postby Leo Volont » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:30 pm

Hi Jamespoulter,

Welcome to the Forum. Your problem, as you seem to have guessed yourself, is kind of generic -- you take your anger out on your girlfriend because she can't expel you, fire you, and is not big enough to kick your donkey, which basically means that you see her as a safe target. It might also mean that you are really conflicted about having her as a girlfriend. You know, when I am in a relationship and I find that I'm beginning to catch a lot of attitude and snippiness, well, I take it as a hint, that the Good Stuff is over, and so I give her the "Hey babe, I'm going to the corner store for a pack of smokes... I'll be right back", and then put three suitecases and a steamer trunk in my car and split and never look back. Honestly, that is what your girlfriend should do to you. Admit it, you're tired of her, right? . And your anger role model was your father. Okay, but whose father was a Saint? It really doesn't mean anything, right?

But, there ARE answers. James, have you taken a look at anything in this Forum. 8 Posts out of 10 deal with Moderate Levels of Chronic Anger. I have written hundreds of responses and many of them are different renditions of basically the same song. You know, I am not going to spend 3 hours writing you a detailed response, when your own post was just a tweet, right. So, James, do your homework, and read about 20 of the posts below... or enough of them until you more less can guess what I would say to you if I thought you were worth the time, right?
Leo Volont
Preferred Member

Likes Received: 138

Postby James_Lee » Fri May 17, 2019 2:51 am

Jamespoulter123 wrote:Hey I’m new to this but I’m finding it hard to handle my anger and taking everything out on my girlfriend. It all stems from my dad when I was a child.
Does anyone else share these issues and/or know any good routines to do to suppress the anger

Literally one of the worst things you could do in this case, is not to deal with it. Talk about why you react the way you do. Anger can be really damaging
James_Lee

Likes Received: 1

Postby James_Lee » Fri May 17, 2019 3:18 am

To be clear, I totally understand how hard it must be, but this sort of approach can wreak havoc on your relationship
James_Lee

Likes Received: 1

Postby Candid » Fri May 17, 2019 2:54 pm

Jamespoulter123 wrote:It all stems from my dad when I was a child.

Don't suppress it, James. Whatever the issue is with your father, I guarantee there's a counsellor who can help you deal with it.
Candid
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 337