One year clean..thoughts and updates

Postby tokes » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:20 pm

Hey guys,

You may know me from my previous thread which almost 20,000 views.

Thanks to all that have left messages and read my story.

On 03.03.18 I quit cannabis for a second time. The first attempt starting in 2015 lasted one and half years before I regrettably picked up the habit again.

On 01.03.18 I suffered a panic attack (due to excessive cannabis consumption) that left me with a 158bpm heart rate and a trip to the hospital. These happened regularly over a course of month lessening in severity over a period of time.

After what seemed to be a near death experience, I didn't need to promise myself that I would never smoke again, I guess knew I wasn't going to...ever again.

After the panic attacks I was left with anxiety, heart palpitations, nightmares, sleep disruption, over-bearing worrisome thoughts, depersonalisation and of course reoccurring panic attacks. On my second quit I seemed to exhibit phyiscal symptoms whereas the first quit I would be plagued with depression and brain fog which affected me more mentally.

As of March 2019, I can safely say all of those have cleared up touch wood. What I was extremely worried about were the heart palpitations. They still linger around and every now and then I can feel them, but it is nowhere near how they were before, and for that I am extremely grateful.

I cannot give advice on what helped for me as everyone is different and it is a process, unfortunately, we all have to suffer but as an active male, I took up Martial Arts. Specifically JuJitsu. This really helped to rid me of my anxiety. I would say taking part in any activity that builds up your confidence in some kind of way can be used a shield in your battle against your PAWs symptoms.

So here is my update after a long journey of almost 5 years, and I hope everyone finds the strength and courage in the themselves to continue to do the right thing of stopping this plant/drug/herb or whatever you call it having such a destructive impact on our lives and those around us!

Much Love,

Tokes
tokes

Likes Received: 27

Postby cleanofgreen » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:53 am

Well done on the year Tokes.

Followed your progress through the years and great to see you come out the other side, especially after the relapse. Just goes to show that there is no such thing as failure, you fail when you give up trying, you are a success as long as you keep getting back up after each setback and try again, each time learning from your previous mistakes.

Good luck and stay strong.
cleanofgreen

Likes Received: 162

Postby tokes » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:22 pm

1.5 years clean now.

Heart palpitations have almost disappeared now. Just they happen every now and then and I guess they completely cease to exist after another 6 months or so. I've lost weight, i'm in good shape. I have a gf now. I feel ok. No depression, or anxiety. Everything is going ok. Will update at the 2 year mark!

@Cleanofgreen thank you brother!
tokes

Likes Received: 27