35 days physical symptoms

Postby abesquit » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:22 pm

I smoked weed for 1 year and 3 months, and did it daily for 9 months. My excuse for smoking was that school was hard and I used it to deal with stress. I started feeling shaky one day probably because of stress from school and almost no sleep, and I decided too quit weed cold turkey, everything was fine for about three days. On the third night around midnight I had an anxiety attack, my first ever it started with heart palpitations, shaking, felt like throwing up, lightheaded, couldn’t breathe.

The first 2 weeks were hell, I couldn’t breath, felt dizzy, didn’t eat for a week, couldn’t sleep, and my palpitations were very hard. Im on day 35 and the physical symptoms have lessened but not gone away, still feel heart palpitations daily, sleep is getting a little better about 7 hours a day now with a few breaks, vivid dreaming, ringing in the ears for the past 4 days, dizzy, headaches, shakiness like tremors. Still have anxiety, and minor depression that comes and goes. The hardest thing to deal with have been the physical symptoms it doesn’t feel like the levels are decreasing and I feel like I am getting more symptoms. Yesterday I jogged for about three small blocks, and I woke up at night with a lot of pain in both of my legs is this something anyone else has dealt with? Weird because before I quit weed I played soccer 3 to 4 times a week for the past 10 years. Has anyone had palpitations for a long period of time and have they gone away? Help this is driving me crazy!
abesquit

Likes Received: 0

Postby leavepawsbehind » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:04 pm

Hey there, I could have written your post back after I quit. I experienced every single symptom you listed. I'm coming up on 15 months sober and most of them have gone away, and the symptoms that remain are still improving. You seem most concerned about palpitations. A lot of folks here have experienced them after quitting. I had them for a few months after I quit (constantly), then the frequency began going down and I haven't experienced them since.
leavepawsbehind

Likes Received: 14

Postby abesquit » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:25 pm

@leavepawsbehind Thanks for the reply, I was starting to think I was going through something other than withdrawals. How long did you smoke for? I see a lot of people on here have been smoking for a very long time and its kind of hard to find a time line that I can relate to. Hope you recover soon and congrats on 15 months sober!
abesquit

Postby leavepawsbehind » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:11 pm

Thanks for the encouragement abesquit. I smoked daily for a little over 3 years. I've read about this a lot and it seems like most people recover a lot around 3 months, 6 months, 12 months, and most are done around 2 years. I think the longer you smoked, the more severe the symptoms are during those 2 years. I was in a really bad place for the first 3 months. I'm mostly fine now aside from an occasional episode of anxiety and a couple of minor issues that are fading.
leavepawsbehind

Postby AnnaK » Tue May 07, 2019 11:41 pm

72 days clean...I am experiencing all of that and then some. It takes time but it will all go away. I went to the ER a few times in a panic because of the palpitations. The doctors are insane they all say cannabis doesn't have withdrawal. I am so angry about the general ignorance about it. We will feel better in time.
AnnaK

Likes Received: 6

Postby abesquit » Wed May 15, 2019 4:53 am

AnnaK wrote:72 days clean...I am experiencing all of that and then some. It takes time but it will all go away. I went to the ER a few times in a panic because of the palpitations. The doctors are insane they all say cannabis doesn't have withdrawal. I am so angry about the general ignorance about it. We will feel better in time.

I'm at around 65 days clean now, and I haven't experienced depression, anxiety, dp, tremors, dizziness, headaches, and many others things for a month now. The only things that still linger is palpitations, tinitus, and random muscle spasms. I've been feeling great mentally but don't feel that I have recovered physically. One thing I have noticed is that the symptoms that I have get worse when I'm going through stressful periods. I'm also optimistic that the other symptoms will not come back since I didn't smoke daily for more than 8-9 months, I see most people on here have smoked for many years.
abesquit

Postby abesquit » Thu May 23, 2019 12:34 am

leavepawsbehind wrote:Hey there, I could have written your post back after I quit. I experienced every single symptom you listed. I'm coming up on 15 months sober and most of them have gone away, and the symptoms that remain are still improving. You seem most concerned about palpitations. A lot of folks here have experienced them after quitting. I had them for a few months after I quit (constantly), then the frequency began going down and I haven't experienced them since.

Hey, did you have high blood pressure when you had the palpitations? I've noticed that the intensity of palpitations have gone down in the last month but I checked my blood pressure today and it was very high. I also notice the palipitatioins a lot when I'm doing anything physical. Anyone have similar experience?
abesquit

Postby tokeless » Thu May 23, 2019 10:37 am

AnnaK wrote:72 days clean...I am experiencing all of that and then some. It takes time but it will all go away. I went to the ER a few times in a panic because of the palpitations. The doctors are insane they all say cannabis doesn't have withdrawal. I am so angry about the general ignorance about it. We will feel better in time.

Would you have felt better if they'd have agreed with you? I never got any withdrawal after 35 years so not all will get what you have... Unless they're lying? The battlefield is your mind.
tokeless

Likes Received: 234

Postby AnnaK » Fri May 24, 2019 3:09 pm

Weed withdrawal is as real as it gets. I am still going through it but I can tell that each day is less and less difficult. There is no way all these people make up their struggles. I'm here to support people who quit. It's not that easy for everyone. I still have some visual issues and some dreams but I know the horror is over and it's just going to be more time for my brain to heal now.
AnnaK

Likes Received: 6

Postby ashthewarrior7 » Fri May 24, 2019 6:33 pm

abesquit, folks have gone through everything you mentioned, including the muscle weakness/sensitivity, heart palps and blood pressure. It does get better.
ashthewarrior7

Likes Received: 50

Postby leavepawsbehind » Fri May 24, 2019 9:10 pm

abesquit wrote:
leavepawsbehind wrote:Hey there, I could have written your post back after I quit. I experienced every single symptom you listed. I'm coming up on 15 months sober and most of them have gone away, and the symptoms that remain are still improving. You seem most concerned about palpitations. A lot of folks here have experienced them after quitting. I had them for a few months after I quit (constantly), then the frequency began going down and I haven't experienced them since.

Hey, did you have high blood pressure when you had the palpitations? I've noticed that the intensity of palpitations have gone down in the last month but I checked my blood pressure today and it was very high. I also notice the palipitatioins a lot when I'm doing anything physical. Anyone have similar experience?

Yeah, I had high blood pressure along with the palpitations. The heart palpitations and high bp made me freak out and buy a blood pressure monitor and I was measuring my BP daily. Those issues went away for me fairly early on, probably around 3 months sober. Now, I'll infrequently get palpitations if I'm particularly stressed, but I think that's normal.
leavepawsbehind