8 Months - First Post

Postby VividDreamer » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:38 am

Hello, I’m a 30 year old male who smoked skunk/high grade for 11 years and stopped in September. It took me 3 years of wanting to quit to finally do it. I was sent here from Reddit (leaves) after posting about how I still didn’t feel any better 8 months later. I find comfort knowing I’m not alone after reading many posts on here.

The first 30 days went pretty good for me, I was happy and felt accomplished that I finally stopped, but then things took a darker turn. I began to have very terrible dreams that last all night long and I wake up feeling exhausted. I even have woken up choking a few times which I read could be sleep apnea, but that never happened when I was smoking before.

This has been going on since the two month mark. I am extremely fatigued all day long and can barely leave the house. I have been battling it with all my might. I lift weights, and used to be able to have good workouts, now I fight to even get a decent lift in. I feel horrible after as well when I have read everywhere that working out should be making me feel good. I just have a lot of anxiety. Combine that with the fatigue and brain fog I’m not feeling well at all. I am proud that I quit smoking, but at the same time I can’t believe I feel this bad still.

If anyone has anything to say that would boost my spirits and give me some hope I would really appreciate it. I have never felt this down before.
VividDreamer

Likes Received: 0

Postby Head in loud » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:29 pm

Congratulations on 8 months quit. In a week or so it will be 10 months for me and I feel the same. Lack of motivation, DP/DR, all day tiredness, headache,Tinnitus, racing mind and OCD. Are you doing any aerobics? I would suggest increasing your heart rate to 140+ for at lest 20 min. I’m not sure if you are taking any supplement but I would recommend Magnesium and B complex, I usually take B complex and B12 around mid afternoon and it gives me a energy boost. Just hang in there and next thing you know it will be a year. One thing though never ever smoke weed again not even one puff for it will make things 100 times worst. Good luck and welcome to forum.
Head in loud

Likes Received: 5

Postby VividDreamer » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:15 pm

Interesting that you mention the Tinnitus as I have developed that as well. It doesn’t seem as bad as it was 2 months ago. At first it really scared me. I have been meaning to start a B12 supplement as well. I have been trying to run a mile each day, but maybe I need to push myself to do a little more to get my heart rate up for longer. Thanks for your response and congrats on being 10 months clean off the stuff. I feel very connected with everyone in this forum because of the similar stuff we are all going through.
VividDreamer

Postby thegreatdane » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:43 pm

I feel the same at almost 16 monhts. Combined with a lot of loss of confidence. From reading the posts on here i gathered that we all heal in our own time phrase. Try not to compare yourself to other success stories and just take it day by day. Best of luck man
thegreatdane

Likes Received: 33

Postby VividDreamer » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:44 pm

Hey Greatdane, I have read a few of your posts and a lot of what you say resonates with how I feel. How long did you smoke for and how many times a day? I was smoking easily 2-3 grams a day. I have read that it could take our brains a while to learn to regulate without the weed. Best of luck as well man and like you said, 1 day at a time.
VividDreamer

Postby thegreatdane » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:30 am

Hey man. I was smoking for 3-4 years while in 2 of them i smoked everyday. 0.5-1gram a day. In the last 6 months it was litterally straight hash of a hash pibe. That sh** f***ed me up pretty bad i think. Bro i can really recommend meditation, it makes life not so miserable while in paws. 10 mins a day
thegreatdane

Likes Received: 33

Postby Dune22 » Sat May 04, 2019 2:04 am

Hey VividDreamer how's your sleep been lately? Well im coming into 7 month's weed free and still have crippling insomnia where i can only work part time and still at brink of losing it. i work in retail and it has been extremely hard. Ive lost my many clients due to my fatigue, nerves, irritability, and appearance (Dark puffy circles round my eyes and always look beat and haggard and ironically like a junky to them im sure lol).

Ive found it takes less time to sleep( if you call it that) at night but wake up multiple times and hard to sink back into those very vivid dreams i always have..When i wake up directly from a dream,as usually i have a pounding headache and feel very tired and fatigue. I haven't had real rest/deep sleep in a very long time. Only couple times in my PAWS but woke up sweating. It seams like whenever i sweat, my brain tries to go into deep sleep but i than get immediately kicked out.

im finding that my brain just got used to no deep sleep and im starting to get schizophrenia and nerve damage going mad by lack of restful sleep.
Its becoming unbearable..

Anyway just wanted to let you know you helped me when you posted this..I was about to break and give in..My thought is is that after a year if my sleep didn't get better, id probably go back to smoking cause at least i could get mediocre sleep. (I intitially stopped cause progressive weed made me have anxiety and needed more to sleep eventually giving me insomnia).
Anyway no offense yet misery likes company.

Lastly Ive been researching Adaptogens and first tried Ashwaganda with little results than tried Tulsi tea ( Holy Basil). This second seems to help me get tired quicker. ( maybe placebo). Its helping take off the edge but we'll see..

Just got Medicaid finally cause i cant get better insurance cause i cannot get a better job viscious cycle.. Dr. gave me trazadone but im skeptical but running out of options here. Ive been doing all exercise,no addictions, eat well but sleep sucks and thats the root to my recovery. gOING TO GET MY THYROID TEST SOON AND BLOOD SUGAR. Hope everyone is well. Take care
Dune22

Postby potsleep » Sun May 05, 2019 1:30 am

I’m at 1.5 years. Sleep is better now. Took about 1.2 years.

First try magnesium then melatonin then doxepin then trazadone last. I wouldn’t go beyond that if you can avoid it.

I believe at some point it become a mental game too. Your fear of sleep is keeping you from sleeping.

Best to try and establish a good sleep process. And try not to worry so much about sleep. Try to remember a time when you never obsessd about not sleeping. It’s hard, I know.

Time heals everything. I promise.
potsleep

Likes Received: 8

Postby James_Lee » Sun May 05, 2019 3:43 am

It must have been hard for you to quit like that. But I think you have been doing it long enough. I think what you are experiencing are withdrawal symptoms. You can obviously consult a doctor if you wish. I believe once your body stops being used to it, you will start feeling better again. Cheers
James_Lee

Likes Received: 1

Postby weedbaddrug » Mon May 06, 2019 1:32 pm

Hi,

Just gone over 8 months. Last week I had 2 days where I was more positive snd feeling better now im back with the same symptoms including tinnitus and snow in my vision especially when looking at a blank surface .

Does anyone have any idea how tinnitus is related to weed withdrawal ?
weedbaddrug

Likes Received: 2

Postby weedbaddrug » Mon May 06, 2019 1:37 pm

Head in loud wrote:headache,Tinnitus, racing mind and OCD.

Omg racing mind and OCD like symptoms I am hating.

As you are on 10 months , have these improved any chance ? Could be related to weed withdrawal ?

Went to a therapist and told me rumination is a symptom of anxiety .

I hate them
weedbaddrug

Postby AnnaK » Wed May 08, 2019 12:21 am

I have developed sleep apnea and nightmares and fatigue. I wake up and I'm dizzy. It is very scary. I am slowly improving as I get more sleep. I think anxiety is keeping me from sleeping right. Weed is poison I hate it. I am only 72 days clean. I am glad others have posted because doctors say weed doesn't cause this...don't take trazadone it will only make it worse in the long run.
AnnaK

Likes Received: 6

Postby weedbaddrug » Wed May 08, 2019 1:29 pm

Any of you guys experience rumination as part of PAWS?
weedbaddrug

Postby AnnaK » Wed May 08, 2019 1:38 pm

Yes!! That’s why I’m here obsessing about the issues and my health. It’s like ocd and hypochondria.
AnnaK

Likes Received: 6