"Mind Pop" possibly? Why?

Postby kennedyjb » Fri May 03, 2019 2:58 pm

I'm going to do my best to explain what's going on but it is hard to get into words that make sense.
So I have been noticing more and more that I will be going about my business and a word that I recently said or heard will appear in my mind along with an abstract image (sometimes moving image) or color that has no relation, and soon I will completely forget the word but the image will remain. I have tried very hard to remember the image and get it on my sketch app on my iPad, I do like to draw and create things. These occurrences don't bother me too much, they just seem weird. The big glaring events happen once a week at most, but little colors with words or numbers happens every few days, sometimes daily. I tried google but I am seeing is mind pops which is just words, and it relates to schizophrenia or bipolar disorder. Anyone have any wisdom to share or things I should look into?

To describe a few of the images, one was once a green cone putting pressure on a purple ellipse, one was a box with a curved tube exiting the bottom, one was a series or red pulleys and a flat red line moving through.

Background:
21 y/o female
Right now I am seeing someone for very mild PTSD from a sexual trauma, denationalization, and depression. I am not on any medications, and I don't drink or use any sort of drug.
kennedyjb

Likes Received: 0

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Fri May 03, 2019 4:08 pm

So you see a mental image and then want to recreate on your iPad?
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 1078

Postby kennedyjb » Mon May 06, 2019 12:53 am

I see an image, usually it's abstract and recently I have decided to start recreating them in a drawing and remember the word to try and figure out what's going on.
kennedyjb

Likes Received: 0