Month 8 - tinnitus?

Postby weedbaddrug » Tue May 07, 2019 4:15 pm

Hi guys

Since month 7 i realised I have a low buzzing sound (tinnitus) in both my ears and some snow in my eyes when looking at white screen or blank surfaces ?

Anyone had these symtoms whilst going through paws ?

Thanks
weedbaddrug
Junior Member
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:59 pm
Likes Received: 2


#1

Postby BullFrog » Tue May 07, 2019 5:11 pm

Personally I have not, but MANY people have had those symptoms while experiencing PAWS. Based on all I have read here in the forums, it doesn't sound abnormal at all.
BullFrog
Full Member
 
Posts: 125
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:55 pm
Likes Received: 59

#2

Postby Head in loud » Tue May 07, 2019 10:39 pm

I’m 10 months and few days and have a tinnitus on my right ears and whenever I lay down I get watery eyes. I also get this bad headache and feel like crying.
Head in loud
Junior Member
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:44 am
Likes Received: 5

#3

Postby weedbaddrug » Tue May 07, 2019 10:43 pm

Head in loud wrote:I’m 10 months and few days and have a tinnitus on my right ears and whenever I lay down I get watery eyes. I also get this bad headache and feel like crying.


I also have racing mind and ocd like symptoms like you described in your previous post. Have these improved compared to a few months ago?

Also did you have these before you quit?
weedbaddrug
Junior Member
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:59 pm
Likes Received: 2

#4

Postby SparkleFly12 » Tue May 07, 2019 10:45 pm

I am currently going through paws and have had a low frequency buzzing in my right ear 3 days out of the last 80...they were around days 60-70.
SparkleFly12
Junior Member
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue May 07, 2019 10:13 pm
Likes Received: 2

#5

Postby Head in loud » Tue May 07, 2019 10:52 pm

weedbaddrug wrote:
Head in loud wrote:I’m 10 months and few days and have a tinnitus on my right ears and whenever I lay down I get watery eyes. I also get this bad headache and feel like crying.


I also have racing mind and ocd like symptoms like you described in your previous post. Have these improved compared to a few months ago?

Also did you have these before you quit?

It been mostly the same, although I’m trying hard to fight it. I have notice my OCD and racing mind gets worst after I eat. I don’t see much improvement of my condition from few months ago. I had a really bad few days a week ago but rest been manageable. I’m aiming for a year so have two more months to go. Hardest thing I have done in my life.
Head in loud
Junior Member
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:44 am
Likes Received: 5

#6

Postby weedbaddrug » Tue May 07, 2019 10:57 pm

Also did you have these before you quit?

[/quote]
It been mostly the same, although I’m trying hard to fight it. I have notice my OCD and racing mind gets worst after I eat. I don’t see much improvement of my condition from few months ago. I had a really bad few days a week ago but rest been manageable. I’m aiming for a year so have two more months to go. Hardest thing I have done in my life.[/quote]

So you had OCD symptoms and racing mind also before you quit ? If You had that before, would it not mean that its not a result of withdrawal?
weedbaddrug
Junior Member
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:59 pm
Likes Received: 2

#7

Postby weedbaddrug » Tue May 07, 2019 11:10 pm

Head in loud wrote:It been mostly the same, although I’m trying hard to fight it. I have notice my OCD and racing mind gets worst after I eat. I don’t see much improvement of my condition from few months ago. I had a really bad few days a week ago but rest been manageable. I’m aiming for a year so have two more months to go. Hardest thing I have done in my life.


So you had OCD symptoms and racing mind also before you quit ? Is that what you are saying?

If You had that before, would it not mean that its not a result of withdrawal?
weedbaddrug
Junior Member
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:59 pm
Likes Received: 2

#8

Postby leavepawsbehind » Tue May 07, 2019 11:48 pm

I'm going on 16 months sober and my first symptom was very loud tinnitus. It decreased in volume after the first couple of months, stayed at an irritating but quiet level for about 9 months with some peaks and troughs, then gradually faded away. My ears are still sensitive though and I baby them by avoiding loud places and carrying ear protection with me.

I noticed the visual snow around 6 months in but it's not much of an issue except when I encounter solid colored surfaces in bright lighting. Also the sky is noisy with snow if I'm not wearing sunglasses, but it also makes my eyes water and is way too bright. I think these symptoms are pretty common with people going through PAWS from benzo cessation and they usually go away, though it can take a while. I just try to ignore the visual snow, I still have it right now but it's pretty minor.
leavepawsbehind
Junior Member
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:46 pm
Likes Received: 13

#9

Postby Head in loud » Wed May 08, 2019 4:26 pm

weedbaddrug wrote:
Head in loud wrote:It been mostly the same, although I’m trying hard to fight it. I have notice my OCD and racing mind gets worst after I eat. I don’t see much improvement of my condition from few months ago. I had a really bad few days a week ago but rest been manageable. I’m aiming for a year so have two more months to go. Hardest thing I have done in my life.


So you had OCD symptoms and racing mind also before you quit ? Is that what you are saying?

If You had that before, would it not mean that its not a result of withdrawal?


I did had OCD symptoms and even before I start smoking weed but it was manageable. It got really worst when I start smoking; reason I had to quit. I think withdrawal made it worst. I will give myself 14 more months if it didn’t get any better then I will seek professional help.
Head in loud
Junior Member
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:44 am
Likes Received: 5

#10

Postby weedbaddrug » Wed May 08, 2019 4:31 pm

Head in loud wrote:

I did had OCD symptoms and even before I start smoking weed but it was manageable. It got really worst when I start smoking; reason I had to quit. I think withdrawal made it worst. I will give myself 14 more months if it didn’t get any better then I will seek professional help.[/quote]

Were you diagnosed with it before or you are just presuming you had it ?

Sory if this is stupid question just curious as withdrawal makes everything worse
weedbaddrug
Junior Member
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:59 pm
Likes Received: 2

#11

Postby Head in loud » Thu May 09, 2019 3:24 am

weedbaddrug wrote:
Head in loud wrote:

I did had OCD symptoms and even before I start smoking weed but it was manageable. It got really worst when I start smoking; reason I had to quit. I think withdrawal made it worst. I will give myself 14 more months if it didn’t get any better then I will seek professional help.


Were you diagnosed with it before or you are just presuming you had it ?

Sory if this is stupid question just curious as withdrawal makes everything worse[/quote]

I presumed I was diagnosed with ADHD which I was taking med on and off for. Also I had chronic pain and was taking opioid—I started weed as replacement of opioid. Since my quit I’m not taking any medication at all. My OCD is I think about some things over and over and over. Also my mind over thinks—really misses up.
Head in loud
Junior Member
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:44 am
Likes Received: 5



  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to Addictions