80 days clean of weed

Postby SparkleFly12 » Tue May 07, 2019 10:42 pm

Hi all,

Ive been lurking around this forum for some time, finally posting because Im really getting depressed.
First off, weed didnt ruin my life or make me unsuccessful; I have a good job and even a good personal life. But I finally started attributing some health effects to the weed, and that is my primary reason for stopping. Symptoms were groggyness, poor sleep, muscle ache, low libido (ED), facial pressure/headache, and complete insomnia if I stopped smoking more than one day (withdrawal).

Smoking history...Smoked 4-5 days a week, a small bowl per session for 2 years. Then, for the next 2 years I smoked a lot of bud (every day), and the two years following that I smoked a lot of concentrates and bud (6 yrs total). Im pretty sure the concentrates are what have f***ed me up so bad, because when I used to only smoke bud I never observed terrible withdrawal like I do now.

So I stopped smoking last July, the first couple weeks were hell (headache, insomnia, buzzing in the head, muscle ache, low libido/ED...) but after a month, thinking the symptoms were finally mild, I smoked again for 5 days. Big mistake, it made the withdrawal symptoms feel like it was week one again.

So I stopped for a longer time, things seemed to be pretty good after 90 days but Im not really positive how good since I was away from home and traveling a lot. When I got back, after ~100 days clean, I smoked (concentrates) for 8-10 nights.

Symptoms came back again, like the clock reset back to 0.

Now here I am, 80 days later. Things had been getting better for the first 75 days: Headache slowly decreasing over time, joints ache less and less, and about half the time I can get at least 7 hours sleep. My libido seemed to have picked up as well, but everything is good some days and bad other days; with a general trend towards getting better.

But on day 78, things took a turn for the worse. Headache came back and it feels like month 1 or 2 again; libido has decreased again and I have no sex dirve; havent been able to sleep well, facial pressure, depression, joints ache, and had tinitus for 3 days... Perhaps the most frustrating thing is the low libido/ED. Like everything it changes from day to day; and some days I feel good others no drive at all.

Can it really be that this problem is getting worse after 3 months?? Does this sound right to you?
Really just looking for reassurance I think. I dont want to go to the doctor because they know noghing about weed withdrawal and will just give me some script to "fix" things and thats not what I want.

Thanks for reading
SparkleFly12
Junior Member
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue May 07, 2019 10:13 pm
Likes Received: 14


#1

Postby AnnaK » Tue May 07, 2019 11:00 pm

I am 72 days clean. I had a good few days then back to misery. I think it is part of healing. Do not go to the doctor they won't help. The drugs they give you make it worse. I am also struggling with my sex drive. I feel repulsed by sex right now. I want to feel normal again. It does take time to heal. I think it takes time. Weed is the enemy. I am struggling with migraines that make me almost faint. Sleep apnea and anxiety. I can finally eat again. Just try to have patience....I am so upset with myself for smoking so much. I also have a fabulous life and nothing to be depressed about but I am.
AnnaK
Junior Member
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:26 am
Likes Received: 6

#2

Postby SparkleFly12 » Tue May 07, 2019 11:10 pm

AnnaK wrote:I am 72 days clean. I had a good few days then back to misery. I think it is part of healing. Do not go to the doctor they won't help. The drugs they give you make it worse. I am also struggling with my sex drive. I feel repulsed by sex right now. I want to feel normal again. It does take time to heal. I think it takes time. Weed is the enemy. I am struggling with migraines that make me almost faint. Sleep apnea and anxiety. I can finally eat again. Just try to have patience....I am so upset with myself for smoking so much. I also have a fabulous life and nothing to be depressed about but I am.


I went to the doc once, they did an MRI and gave me antibiotics, but it was very clear they had no idea how to help so I stopped seeing him.

My feeling about sex is just ambivalent. I just have no interest in sex or women or porn.

The headache is killer...feels like I have sinus pressure, eye pressure, pressure in my lymph nodes, and it feels like there is a big clamp clamping my temples together.

I too cant believe I actually used to think there were no negative side effects to weed...how stupid can I have been. A drug that has such a profound impact on your state of mind HAS to have a ton of side effects if used regularly. Just have to accept it was a dumb choice.
SparkleFly12
Junior Member
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue May 07, 2019 10:13 pm
Likes Received: 14

#3

Postby AnnaK » Wed May 08, 2019 12:34 am

They did an MRI for me too...they said I have migraines with aura. I said I was detoxing from cannabis they said it won't cause this....that's the big lie they are spreading. This will go away..my head pressure is less than it was but it's still scary. Feels like a stroke or a seizure. I was dumb too...thank you for posting about the eye pressure and sinus pressure it's very intense. I feel like I have a hat on or a band and check my head sometimes...lol. It is getting better just takes time.
AnnaK
Junior Member
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:26 am
Likes Received: 6

#4

Postby leavepawsbehind » Wed May 08, 2019 4:21 am

I experienced all of your symptoms except that I never relapsed. My symptoms post acute withdrawal peaked around 90 days in. What's funny is that I suspected weed may have been causing me to experience episodes of ED which contributed to my decision to stop. I didn't know what hell I was unleashing on myself with that decision to quit.

Happy to say that all of the libido issues cleared up for me after about 3-4 months sober. Took me about that long to have any libido due to the crazy stuff my body was going through. ED was gone by the time I was interested again and I haven't experienced any of it for the past year since. Of course I have no interest if I'm having a particularly anxious day, but otherwise it's back to normal.
leavepawsbehind
Junior Member
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:46 pm
Likes Received: 23

#5

Postby SparkleFly12 » Wed May 08, 2019 5:12 am

leavepawsbehind wrote:I experienced all of your symptoms except that I never relapsed. My symptoms post acute withdrawal peaked around 90 days in. What's funny is that I suspected weed may have been causing me to experience episodes of ED which contributed to my decision to stop. I didn't know what hell I was unleashing on myself with that decision to quit.

Happy to say that all of the libido issues cleared up for me after about 3-4 months sober. Took me about that long to have any libido due to the crazy stuff my body was going through. ED was gone by the time I was interested again and I haven't experienced any of it for the past year since. Of course I have no interest if I'm having a particularly anxious day, but otherwise it's back to normal.


Episodes of ED were the main reason I decided to quit. Didnt know that I would go from episodes of ED to having ED 100% of the time after quitting. Cant wait till that gets better. Also it seems like ED is a symptom, the actual issue is low/no sex drive.

Tomorrow is a new day...because of my short 5-10 day relapses, I have basically been dealing with intense PAWS for the past 6 months and I cant wait till its over.
SparkleFly12
Junior Member
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue May 07, 2019 10:13 pm
Likes Received: 14

#6

Postby AnnaK » Wed May 08, 2019 12:36 pm

I’m going through menopause at the same time so everything is off in my body. I’m looking forward to the 90-100 day point. ED from antidepressants made my son suicidal I totally understand. You quit weed to be a better person then you get hit with withdrawal that no one says exists and have to deal with it ten fold. They need to do more research on cannabis before they push it as a safe, cure all, natural plant, herbal remedy blah blah ... this forum is the only thing that keeps me sane. It will get better for all of us.
AnnaK
Junior Member
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:26 am
Likes Received: 6

#7

Postby leavepawsbehind » Wed May 08, 2019 3:13 pm

SparkleFly12 wrote:Episodes of ED were the main reason I decided to quit. Didnt know that I would go from episodes of ED to having ED 100% of the time after quitting. Cant wait till that gets better. Also it seems like ED is a symptom, the actual issue is low/no sex drive.


Yeah I agree. Marijuana used to boost my libido and make those experiences more enjoyable. Over time, it started having a dampening effect, and my libido slowly diminished over time while smoking. I thought it was a minor issue that would resolve after quitting marijuana. What's funny is that it did, but with so much more baggage attached.
leavepawsbehind
Junior Member
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:46 pm
Likes Received: 23

#8

Postby SparkleFly12 » Thu May 09, 2019 7:16 am

AnnaK wrote:I’m going through menopause at the same time so everything is off in my body. I’m looking forward to the 90-100 day point. ED from antidepressants made my son suicidal I totally understand. You quit weed to be a better person then you get hit with withdrawal that no one says exists and have to deal with it ten fold. They need to do more research on cannabis before they push it as a safe, cure all, natural plant, herbal remedy blah blah ... this forum is the only thing that keeps me sane. It will get better for all of us.


Yikes...that must be intense, since your body is changing on own naturally too. Hang in there, as you said time is the only cure for weed abuse unfortunately.

Wish there was more research done in weed and weed withdrawal, because it isnt as harmless as everyone says if used regularly...hope they will do that research now that its getting legalized in a lotta places.
SparkleFly12
Junior Member
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue May 07, 2019 10:13 pm
Likes Received: 14

#9

Postby SparkleFly12 » Fri May 10, 2019 2:52 am

Wow, I cant believe how terrible I feel today.
The first 75 days, every week I would see some improvement. Symptoms got better and worse every few days, but they trended to get better each week.

Today and the last 2 days, I feel like its back at day 25 or 30. The headache, mind feeling completely drained...And to top it off just a terrible week in other aspects of my life.

Does it ever get worse like this, after months of getting better? It seemed like I was on track to feel good within a month, now it seems like I have many months to go again.
SparkleFly12
Junior Member
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue May 07, 2019 10:13 pm
Likes Received: 14

#10

Postby AnnaK » Fri May 10, 2019 11:42 am

Are you sleeping enough? I went insane one day because I had insomnia again. Your brain needs to heal. I get scared too that this will last forever.
AnnaK
Junior Member
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:26 am
Likes Received: 6

#11

Postby SparkleFly12 » Mon May 13, 2019 1:43 am

Well, looks like Im full on feeling PAWS. This wave gave me headaches, "zapped"/tired brain, facial pressure, and ED/low libido. Also gave me mild insomnia, which made everything worse (@AnnaK I was not sleeping well for the past 4 days)..

I guess thats just the reality of quitting after heavy weed usage. PAWS is so shitty, but I guess you really have to be clean for many months/a yr or two before the body recovers from it. I do really want to smoke again some time, it is one of the very few ways I can relax, but not until PAWS is completely over (I dont have trouble controlling myself with weed or drugs, just never thought weed had any adverse side effects...). Never want to go through PAWS again.

Still have yet to feel a symptom-free day in the last 85 days, but there were a couple where I felt in good spirits and not too bad.

Thanks for the discussion everyone, it really helps since literally no one in my life knows that Im going through this.
SparkleFly12
Junior Member
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue May 07, 2019 10:13 pm
Likes Received: 14

#12

Postby AnnaK » Mon May 13, 2019 1:57 am

That’s exactly what I thought about it just being weed or I never would have done this to myself. Everyone denies it I even got accused of making excuses for missing work by a family member. It’s hard to get any support even the doctors said weed doesn’t do this. It will go away. Sleep is hard I keep waking up not breathing right. I hate that stupid plant.
AnnaK
Junior Member
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:26 am
Likes Received: 6

#13

Postby SparkleFly12 » Mon May 13, 2019 3:14 am

@AnnaK hang in there, how long since you last used weed?
SparkleFly12
Junior Member
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue May 07, 2019 10:13 pm
Likes Received: 14

#14

Postby AnnaK » Mon May 13, 2019 11:18 am

76 days and I won’t do it again. I’m ashamed to say this is my second time with paws and I won’t do it again. This time is worse ... I didn’t see it coming either it was a slow process to become addicted and smoke every day. I’m finding new friends who don’t smoke ... it’s a lifestyle you leave behind. I have pot heads all around me but no desire. I have access without effort too. I know that’s what got me again so I won’t touch it.
AnnaK
Junior Member
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:26 am
Likes Received: 6


Next

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to Addictions