80 days clean of weed

Postby AnnaK » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:19 am

I’m glad you are feeling better. I have a great day and then a horrible day still. My mind is learning how to think again and my emotions are killing me without a numbing agent. I miss my crutch but I’m grateful that I’m not a disgusting druggie and I can focus. We’ve come a long way ...
AnnaK

Likes Received: 11

Postby SparkleFly12 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:12 pm

So, still feeling a lot better than a couple weeks ago, hopefully this will be my new normal for the next 2-3 weeks and Ill improve more after that. This is doable.

Moderate headache and eye pressure that comes and goes for 3/4 of the day, tired brain that comes and goes, and muscle aches that come and go. They are no longer constant, I do get breaks where Im feeling pretty good. I also have anxiety that comes and goes. Tinitus comes and goes but is very mild and not as "dizzying" as it was before.

Im finally able to get almost 8 hours of sleep a night! I only wake up ~twice per night but am usually able to get back to sleep. Sometimes I have a really bad headache when I wake up prematurely; just like I did back in the first couple months. But now, Im mostly able to get back to sleep ; and if I get 7-8 hours of sleep then I dont wake up with a bad headache. That is really helping. My libido is still slowly rising, and Im starting to feel like my old self...like I used to many years ago but definitely still not there.

I did, though, smoke last week. It was a very tiny amount (2 hits over 2 days); and wouldnt have if I werent drinking and with a friend who I hadnt seen in a long time. But I made sure to limit myself knowing that I didnt want to start up PAWS or any withdrawal again. I have no desire to smoke again now; and that is good because I do feel that I am able to moderate my pot use. I started smoking when I had other problems in my life, which have since been resolved and I dont think I will ever smoke regularly again. But I will absolutely wait until I am fully better before even taking another hit; which will probably be a few more months.

124 days in. Here's to month 5, I hope it brings back the old me!
SparkleFly12

Likes Received: 23

Postby AnnaK » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:16 pm

I went to mental health just because the doctors pressured me. They prescribed Zoloft and I won’t take it. It’s just another chemical. You can’t just quit it either. I have less headaches and I feel sexual again finally. I miss weed sometimes but I think I just think it was better than it was. I am tired a lot still. I don’t know if I will smoke again. Maybe some day.
AnnaK

Postby SparkleFly12 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:41 am

I would stay away from prescriptions too, they will not help in the long run and you could risk just getting dependent on those. I havent even seen my doctor just because I know all they will do is perscribe medication for it...I dont want to replace one drug with another
SparkleFly12

Postby AnnaK » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:55 am

Exactly. I went because they demanded it. I was there to be checked for heart issues and I had panic attacks. They said cannabis didn’t cause them... I followed through. I’m feeling better with lots of sleep and a multi vitamin. I don’t like pharmaceuticals that’s how I got addicted to weed. I thought it was safe. I had a pressure in the head episode yesterday but it’s not all day anymore. I’m just realizing something. I’m clean. I don’t smoke pot. I’m sober. It’s a good feeling.
AnnaK

Postby SparkleFly12 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:25 pm

Hate that symptoms come and go every week or so... so hard to know if you're healed but I guess I jsut have to compare month to month instead of day/week to week...

2 weeks ago, my headaches were very mild, muscle aches mild, and sex drive low-mid.
Last week, headaches were moderate, muscle aches gone, and sex drive almost normal.
Now, Headaches are moderate, muscle aches moderate, and sex drive low-mid.
SparkleFly12

Postby SparkleFly12 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:39 pm

The one good thing I forgot to mention is that around 120 days, my depression and anxiety decreased dramatically. And Wow...Im a different person now. I didnt even know that I was so depressed/anxious...

The other thing is that for me, I suffered many PAWS symptoms even when I was regularly smoking concentrates (concentrates do some terrible things to you). I havent felt this little amount of depression/anxiety in over 2 years. Wow.
SparkleFly12

Postby AnnaK » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:54 am

Yes Sparkle, it’s just a little over 120 days and I’m more normal. I don’t know how I made it through all of that. I can’t stand weed it’s scares the crap out of me. I’m staying away this time. Been tempted a few times but no thanks. I am not 100 percent yet but I can tell there is hope finally. I didn’t think I’d be right ever again. No one understands this that I know or has been through it like we have. My sex drive is back...lol. I hope everyone else is feeling better. I still have broken blood vessels in my eyes and a under eye bags. I don’t know if or when that will go away. I waited to get here and I’m grateful that I made it this far.
AnnaK

Postby ashthewarrior7 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:57 am

Annak, would be a good idea to check your blood pressure, if it's very high, you can temporarily takes high blood pressure tablets.
ashthewarrior7

Likes Received: 78

Postby SparkleFly12 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:23 pm

Very good to hear Anna! I hope the worst is over and we can get back to our normal lives. 120-130days was really a turning point, when the symptoms started being managable...

Now they seem to come and go every week still, but even when they come they are more managable. Headache, trouble sleeping, muscle aches, low libido, anxiety...overall everythings much milder though. Being able to get 7-8 hours of sleep a night is SO helpful! I just got 9 for the first time in a loooong while!

A couple days ago, I was exercising (as Ive done many times even during PAWS) and for the first time since PAWS, I really really enjoyed it. I used to really enjoy it back when I was smoking, but Id often smoke during it so I wasnt sure I would even enjoy it as much sober. But I did and Im so glad Im finally able to enjoy things without smoking. Still a ways to go but things are looking up!

Cheers to all!
SparkleFly12

Postby JimBob8873 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:12 pm

Sparklefly,

I just passed day 80 and I swear we are on the same timeline for symptoms, I have a hard time sleeping as of day 77 and it has been going on all week. I just CANT fall asleep for HOURS. Re-reading your day 80 post was exactly what I am feeling. Besides the headaches just have low libido, sinus pressure, insomnia (I think mine is worse than what you were experiencing I only had one night of good sleep this week its been 4 hours each night except for Tuesday night) and some anxiety that manifests in heart palpitations (it just beats hard at night and it worries me so I cant fall asleep easily).

I am really glad to hear things are finally turning around for you! I REALLY want to be able to sleep normally I swear its my weakest point is not sleeping well. I cant function very well on 4 hours a night...

Hope you are well today!
JimBob8873

Likes Received: 7

Postby AnnaK » Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:21 pm

It’s gets better. I still have head pressure and weird dp moments but it’s not all day like before. Time is all we need. Hang in there.
AnnaK

Postby AnnaK » Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:23 pm

@ashthewarrior yes I have been concerned about my blood pressure. I’m over 50 and slightly overweight. It has come down since the major withdrawal intensity but it’s still slightly elevated but not high enough that they will medicate me.
AnnaK

Postby SparkleFly12 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:23 pm

JimBob,

Yeah, not being able to sleep is the worst part of it all...it makes everything else worse. I was at about 5-6 hrs a night at day 80; just give it time itll get better.
SparkleFly12

Postby JimBob8873 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:25 pm

Thinking back I might be working out too much, I do a lot of calisthenics every day along with a decent run of about 2.5 miles. I think it might be causing me to be unable to fall asleep for a while.

But thank you, I know it will its just hard to realize that in the moment.
JimBob8873

Likes Received: 7

PreviousNext

Return to Addictions