80 days clean of weed

Postby Isitpaws » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:46 pm

I think maybe I do have an underlying anxiety issues that weed was helping keep at bay as I’m more anxious off the weed than when I was on it.
Isitpaws

Likes Received: 1

Postby HDog455 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:14 am

Isitpaws wrote:I’m nearly at 12 month mark and still have paws all day everyday with some days being easier to manage. I was hoping to be better by now but looks more like it’ll take me 2-3 years which I don’t think I can do!

Your on the same sort of time frame as me and I haven’t noticed waves at all

So what do you mean when you say, "I don’t think I can do"? What's the alternative - going back to smoking pot? Are you taking meaningful steps in an effort to minimise the impact of withdrawal symptoms?

How's your diet - are you eating healthy foods? Are you getting plenty of exercise? Are you trying new hobbies or activities that are not associated with your pot-smoking past?
HDog455
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 91

Postby Isitpaws » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:41 am

I don’t think I can because I feel like I’m torturing myself if I do have underlying issues and the weed helped minimise those issues. I still have major cravings as well which don’t help.

I cut out all caffeine and sugary drinks. My diet is good and I eat less crap now.

If I could look at myself in 2-3 years and see I was doing ok then I obviously wouldn’t smoke but the reality is I don’t know if I will be and that puts temptation back into smoking again. I’ve quit three times in past 10 years and every time get paws then smoke again and it goes away.
Isitpaws

Postby Isitpaws » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:43 am

Also every time I do quit I feel great for about a month or two then paws kicks in when my thc stores are depleted
Isitpaws

Postby HDog455 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:36 am

Apologies if you have already answered this question but have you consulted with a medical professional? You and I both know that continuing to smoke pot is not a solution and you will end up with problems far worse than what PAWS is doing to you. Can your underlying issues be resolved without using pot? Do you know for sure that that is not possible?

I don't pretend to have all of the answers - I only know what worked for me. Everyone is different but the key is to focus on the future, don't look back, and don't get into the rut of feeling sorry for yourself. A lot of people have been able to push through the pain, both mental and physical, and come out the other side fully healed. If others, some of whom were probably in worse positions than yourself, can do it then why can't you? Only you can answer that question.
HDog455
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 91

Postby Eroica » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:12 am

Isitpaws, if you can go 12 months, surely you can go another two or three years. Do you really think it will just as bad as the first year? If youve improved even a little, then you will continue to improve.

What kind of logic is, "i dont know if i will be better in two or three years so might as well smoke" Thats the addiction talking! None of us know what the future will hold. We could all die in a nuclear holocaust tomorrow! But we have to have some kind of hope.

You said you keep quitting..so you know that deep inside you really dont want to smoke. Why torture yourself again and again. Revisit the reasons you wanted to quit.
Eroica

Likes Received: 7

Postby Isitpaws » Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:57 pm

HDog455 wrote:Apologies if you have already answered this question but have you consulted with a medical professional? You and I both know that continuing to smoke pot is not a solution and you will end up with problems far worse than what PAWS is doing to you. Can your underlying issues be resolved without using pot? Do you know for sure that that is not possible?

I don't pretend to have all of the answers - I only know what worked for me. Everyone is different but the key is to focus on the future, don't look back, and don't get into the rut of feeling sorry for yourself. A lot of people have been able to push through the pain, both mental and physical, and come out the other side fully healed. If others, some of whom were probably in worse positions than yourself, can do it then why can't you? Only you can answer that question.

First time I quit I did cbt but it didn’t help or ease any of the symptoms at the time. I haven’t seen any medical professional this time round mainly because I found this forum and realised it could be paws.
I don’t feel sorry for myself as it’s my fault I’m in this predicament but I do tend to dwell on the past instead of looking forward.
Isitpaws

Postby Isitpaws » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:16 am

Eroica wrote:Isitpaws, if you can go 12 months, surely you can go another two or three years. Do you really think it will just as bad as the first year? If youve improved even a little, then you will continue to improve.

What kind of logic is, "i dont know if i will be better in two or three years so might as well smoke" Thats the addiction talking! None of us know what the future will hold. We could all die in a nuclear holocaust tomorrow! But we have to have some kind of hope.

You said you keep quitting..so you know that deep inside you really dont want to smoke. Why torture yourself again and again. Revisit the reasons you wanted to quit.

I can go on longer and have improved in the past year it’s just such a slow process, If I knew that this would happen then I would of never smoked in the first place but bit late for that now.
Isitpaws

Postby uniqueason » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:55 am

how you feeling not isitpaws compare to your first post when you talk about ocd intrusive though and everythig feeling any better?
uniqueason

Likes Received: 8

Postby SparkleFly12 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:17 am

12.5 months. All symptoms have gotten slightly better than a month ago. Things still seem to get worse and better in waves; being worse for a few days then better a few days.

The headache is only a discomfort now; and only rarely actually physically hurts. Some days its a little worse; some days I can hardly feel anything.

The lymph nodes aren't nearly as swollen as they were a month ago. Theyve been swollen so long, its so nice to finally get some relief with that. Occsasionally they are as swollen as they were a month ago; but the average is certainly better.

Libido has crept up! Im not cured of ED; but am a lot better than before. I feel more turned on by all things sexually attractive; and some days I actually feel horny. But orgasm is not nearly as good as it used to be; so still have some progress to make. But I have moved in the right direction.

I still have trouble with sleep though.
I still get some intense dreams - not NEARLY as vivid and scary as when I first quit but just worrying/stressful. I would say that this could even be unrelated to weed; but since its happened for weeks together Im pretty sure its related.
I often wake up feeling completely drained; often when I have said worrying dreams.
Other times I only sleep 5 hrs and cant get back to sleep.

Muscle soreness doesnt happen very often.

Overall, a big turn for the better in the 12th month. Its been relatively constant for months 10-12; and finally gotten a bit better now in the 12th month. Hopefully the next 3 months will see another improvement; and Ill have some days where I feel normal.

Cheers all

Sparkle
SparkleFly12

Likes Received: 35

Postby katok » Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:37 pm

Has anyone tried microdosing...tiny tiny amount of thc.

apparently very low amounts of thc are anti-anxiety.

https :// onlinelibrary. wiley. com/ doi/ full/ 10.1111/eci.12920

an excerpt from a study

Abstract
A generally undesired effect of cannabis smoking is a reversible disruption of short‐term memory induced by delta‐9‐tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the primary psychoactive component of cannabis. However, this paradigm has been recently challenged by a group of scientists who have shown that THC is also able to improve neurological function in old animals when chronically administered at low concentrations. Moreover, recent studies demonstrated that THC paradoxically promotes hippocampal neurogenesis, prevents neurodegenerative processes occurring in animal models of Alzheimer's disease, protects from inflammation‐induced cognitive damage and restores memory and cognitive function in old mice. With the aim to reconcile these seemingly contradictory facts, this work will show that such paradox can be explained within the framework of hormesis, defined as a biphasic dose‐response.
katok

Postby SheriGoddart85 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:03 am

Hello, the most important thing for you now is not to give up. Do more exercises, drink plenty of water. In a year you will forget what weed is. Addiction is a bad thing, but sooner or later you will get over it
SheriGoddart85

Likes Received: 0

Postby SparkleFly12 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:20 pm

Another update...

14 months and a few days. And dear f***ing lord - my headache is finally GONE. I havent had a headache in 2 weeks now, and it is fuckign glorious. 1 full year with a headache, and now its gone...I feel like a new person!

Only remaining symptoms are poor sleep, swollen lymph nodes, slight head foggyness (could just be from the poor sleep), and low libido.

All these symptoms come in waves, and are not there all the time. Ill have 2-3 days where I feel more or less normal; then Itll start....a night of bad sleep with mild symptoms the next day, then poor sleep and all symptoms for 2 days, then it takes a day to fade off again...then more or less fine for 2-3 days.

Big thing is, Im more or less okay now and just waiting until all my days are normal. Its really easy to feel when Im going to have a bad cycle, and I can recognize it when I have trouble sleeping.

Hope everyone else out there is doing well. Stay healthy!
SparkleFly12

Postby SparkleFly12 » Tue May 19, 2020 2:07 pm

15 months. Starting to have a lot of good days now, and I rarely think of paws.

Headache only comes when Im stressed, or after a long day. It is mild now.
Swollen lymph nodes are mild as well.
Sleep has improved as well; I sleep 6-7 hours every night now and actually feel refreshed when I wake up! its great! And on some days, I get 8-9 hours!
ED has improved as well. Cant say for sure if Im cured but I feel a lot more normal; how I remmeber being before I started smoking.

Never thought Id be one of those people who took over a year to heal, but it looks like Ill end up being somewhere around 18-20 months. Glad Im through the worst though; now its more of an annoyance and doesn't bother me much.

Cheers all!
SparkleFly12

Postby SparkleFly12 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:55 pm

Here I am at 18 1/2 months; but that count isnt accurate any more. Took a toke (2 hits) 2 months ago; and its been
It set my symptoms back about 3 months. 3 MONTHS for two hits. Seems crazy to me; but it is what it is.

So now Im where I was about 3 months ago in May; and my headache has gone away again and as of this week I am finally getting slightly better sleep. For the past 2 months; its been mild headaches and very poor sleep; and low libido. Even had some mild anxiety that seemed paws related.

Im basically where I was at in May. Remaining symptoms are occasional mild headache; Low libido, and swollen lymph node in the jaw.

Just glad Im not dead tired anymore; and no headache.

Cheers all. Learn fron my mistakes and dont toke up; itll make your symptoms hell again.
SparkleFly12

PreviousNext