quitting weed day 4

Postby FromRussia » Thu May 16, 2019 11:02 pm

Hello Guys
There could be some grammatical mistakes but hope you will understand me
So this is my 4th day of quitting weed
I was smoking marijuana almost every day since last summer
I had a couple of panic attacks 1 week ago
In addition to this, I started felling grueling depression and no positives thoughts can help me to blot out my depression
I was a tough guy and always managed to cure my depression with positive attitude but after smoking weed this ability disappeared, i started letting negative things get into me, I just emotionally weakened
I’m 18 and read one article of scientists which shows that teens who use marijuana heavily can experience withdrawal when they stop using it.
"In a study of teens receiving drug abuse treatment at an outpatient clinic, nearly half of them (40 percent) experienced symptoms of withdrawal when they stopped using marijuana"
I’m afraid of being not as happy and emotionally strong as I was for ever
I just feel like it’s 4th day and I’m still depressed and crushed
Things that could made me happy earlier don’t make me happy now
I can’t imagine watching film or having conversation without smoking weed though I remember good time having great emotions of watching the film or having a conversation being normal without any additional things
I just want to get these things back, get back to my normal life
I’m ready to quit weed and not smoke it for the rest of my life, I don’t care about anxiety and other shitty withdrawals
The only one thing I fear is to have the same poor state as I am now for ever
I know many people here assure that 1 month or more without weed should help person out but after reading that article Im too scared
Guys if you had the same experience and managed to get through this, write down a comment please, I would be really appreciated
FromRussia

Likes Received: 0

Postby BullFrog » Fri May 17, 2019 1:38 am

FromRussia. If you look throughout this forum, you will find that what you are experiencing is VERY COMMON. Most people experience symptoms from 6 months to 3 years. It is likely a LOOONG process a head of you. The good news is you will get better. The bad news is it will likely take a long time for you to get back to normal again.

Exercise LOTS. Eat VERY healthy. Be determined to go about your daily routines even if you don't feel like it. Do things you have always loved and continue to do them even if you don't "feel" like you get anything out of them anymore. Wake up every morning stating five things you are grateful for. Before bed, tell yourselves 5 things you were grateful about that day. Watch some COMEDY movies. Stay away from anything dark and depressing. Get outside often. And don't be afraid...these POST ACUTE WITHDRAWAL SYMPTOMS (PAWS) is a sad but normal process that you will have to go through.

Stay strong and fight on!
BullFrog

Likes Received: 69

Postby James_Lee » Fri May 17, 2019 3:19 am

Keep going. I believe you will feel better
James_Lee

Likes Received: 1