Something has been bothering me, I would love your insight

Postby Whynotthou » Fri May 17, 2019 12:16 pm

Hey friends!

I realized during a group conversation yesterday - I don't really care about things outside of myself.

I don't think that I'm selfish per-se, (but I might be) I do love been there for people and helping those who need me.

It's when a conversation becomes more about opinion or ideology I rarely care enough to participate despite wanting to share a connection with the people around me.

In the rare occasion I have an opinion, I do say it regardless of others standings on the issue, but I won't have the inclination to defend it, I think it's because I usually can understand the point of view of others and because I really don't care if other people agree with me.

-- Which is interesting, since if I don't care what others think or if they agree with me why would I even share my opinion, even if I barely do it I do in fact share my opinion. It feels to me like I would state what I see as fact and anyone who wants to learn and isn't blind would learn from it and others can be as wrong as they want... not entirely sure, it's writing what I honestly feel.

here is what really bothering me -

I kept thinking about it for the past few hours, and I came to the conclusion that there is nothing I would really defend (verbally) , I just don't care enough to do so.

This feels to me like a small string that if I could just grab strongly enough and pull - it will unravel an issue/block/insecurity/defense-machanism that I could learn to deal with to become a more balanced person.

So I would love to hear your insight, maybe your thoughts could help me get a grip on this annoyingly thin string in order to pull it?
Whynotthou

Likes Received: 0

Postby Candid » Fri May 17, 2019 3:21 pm

You're a person who cares about others but has no strong opinions. Sounds good to me.

I kept thinking about it for the past few hours, and I came to the conclusion that there is nothing I would really defend (verbally) , I just don't care enough to do so.

You sound wonderfully chilled. Everything's all right in your world, yeah?

Maybe your 'problem' is you don't fit in with all the people around you anguishing about this, that, and the other thing. IMO there's too much of that about.

Enjoy your freedom!
Candid
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 349

Postby Whynotthou » Fri May 17, 2019 3:37 pm

Ha! what I get from your comment that I might have made the classic mistake of overthinking things.

I guess I worry being too chill is boring - and I don't really mind being boring most of the time and only get excited when I'm in my own little world - as long as I'm not lying to myself and simply too afraid to care.
Whynotthou

Likes Received: 0

Postby Candid » Fri May 17, 2019 3:48 pm

Whynotthou wrote:I worry being too chill is boring - and I don't really mind being boring most of the time and only get excited when I'm in my own little world - as long as I'm not lying to myself and simply too afraid to care.

Again, this all sounds good. I'm boring, too. :D
Candid
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 349