Does anyone know of a good way to relax by yourself?

Postby Translucent » Thu May 23, 2019 3:30 pm

I often find myself sitting or lying in bed unable to stop thinking, and the more I think, the more depressed I get. I feel as though my right to freedom has been stripped somehow by people's attitudes towards me.

When I go outside, I see people going from point a to point b. There's hardly a happy face on the street so I go to the park. I see the same thing, with the odd group of people. When I smile because of a pleasant or funny thought, do people think i'm crazy for smiling for seemingly no reason?

I find people get offended easily. To approach someone for no reason gets me shocked and surprised looks. Question is, what do I do with a stranger?

I feel I don't fit in anywhere. My own dad hates me. He still helps, but he's permanently angry. I cannot talk to him. It always escalates because I try to pull truth from him and he conceals it. I try to talk with him about important life matters and he just shrugs and says i dunno.

I cannot talk to a person for more than a few minutes because almost all of them end up running to do something else. I wish I had a wife to spend time with, but my girlfriend to me seems to be on the fence. And I don't know what to do about the situation.

I don't work a full-time job. Often when I work I do a good job, but people really get on my nerves. Often times they try to sabotage me with a type of toxicity, it could be jealousy or some other ugly mindset they have. When I fight back, I get in trouble but the real troublemaker denies having done anything. If you spend enough time with a person, they always get offended over something eventually and then they hold grudges.

I wish I could work, but my thoughts don't allow it. I don't care enough about material objects to work full time so instead I just save money, get good deals on everything, and am generally happy with what I have. It's people that make things worse.

There are people who would rape me if they could. There are people who would rob me if they could. And so I put up defences and started fighting back, and now people who used to use me all generally run from me. I thought this would be a good thing, but now I have no one.

When I'm around people I am happy, but when I'm by myself I'm miserable. Yet around bad company I'm even more miserable. I cannot find good company anywhere near me so I often turn to the internet to talk to people. But I can't go out and have real fun with those people, we can only talk.

I have some friends in real life, but just like everyone they eventually offend me somehow so I strike back with words and then they get offended. I don't hold grudges, they do.

Since I can't find decent company, and I'm basically alone most of the time, does anyone know a good way to relax?
Translucent

Likes Received: 14

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Fri May 24, 2019 12:52 am

Read a book
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 1068

Postby Translucent » Fri May 24, 2019 3:34 pm

Richard@DecisionSkills wrote:Read a book

Can you recommend a good book?
Translucent

Likes Received: 14

Postby Candid » Fri May 24, 2019 3:49 pm

Complex PTSD: From Surviving to Thriving, by Pete Walker.

You can get a taster from http://pete-walker.com/pdf/ShrinkingOuterCritic.pdf
Candid
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 349

Postby JenniferL » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:11 pm

Hi!

My way to relax:

Music
Books
Warm Bath

What's your preferences?