3 weeks cannabis free

Postby surfermatt » Tue May 28, 2019 10:02 pm

I am three weeks cannabis free today and I still have a lot of anxiety. I have weird heart / stomach flutters that usually accompany some belching, and usually only happens when I'm sitting down trying to work or sitting down and watching TV. I also have a ringing in my ears that has been off and on pretty much since the day I stopped. My doctor isn't much help, he wants to prescribe Cymbalta. I'm sleeping well enough, but I wake up and feel like I'm full of adrenaline. All the websites I read say I should be getting better, and I did get better for like 6 straight days, but the symptoms are back now. My usage when I smoke was about a gram a day for like 3 years without stopping. Any information anyone could give me would be well appreciated. Everything online that I read says I should have got progressively better after 2 weeks.
surfermatt

Likes Received: 0

Postby JimBob8873 » Tue May 28, 2019 11:48 pm

Hello Matt, I'm kind of a lurker on here and this is actually my first post! I just have to say you arent alone, I'm dealing with the same thing going on 7 weeks weed free... I also wake up in the middle of the night with anxiety and have a hard time getting back to sleep. I spent the majority of last night trying to get back to sleep but i just couldnt, my mind wouldnt stop racing! It does kind of feel like adrenaline but I believe it's actually anxiety. From what I read on here, this is totally normal. I have developed a lot of phobias about my health recently due to my heightened anxiety and the lack of quality sleep is taking its toll. What you are experiencing is for sure PAWS related. I even have a hard time telling myself that sometimes. This past weekend I actually felt pretty good and got some needed rest. Something I did notice though was my back was mildly sore, I figured I just slept wrong but I actually think it was my PAWS gearing up to screw me out of a decent sleep last night. These symptoms come and go, if you havent already, check out the main PAWS forum post! It seems to make me feel better... I swear I have read it 15 times already! And congratulations on 3 weeks free! Every day is an accomplishment. Just remember this will come and go. I was a really heavy user from age 18 till now at almost 26 and it's been a royal pain dealing with withdrawals and now PAWS. Keep your head up my dude things will turn around, just take it one day at a time and dont be too hard on yourself, things will get better!
JimBob8873

Likes Received: 4

Postby surfermatt » Wed May 29, 2019 2:57 pm

Thanks for your reply Jimbob. It really helps to hear that there are others going through this. This was completely unexpected for me, I thought I'd stop and be just fine. Hang in there and message me if you need to talk or blow off steam.
May God bless you and bring complete healing....

Matt
surfermatt

Postby SparkleFly12 » Wed May 29, 2019 3:35 pm

Yes, your symptoms are not abnormal. Look through the threads on this forum and look into PAWS (post acute withdrawal syndrome). Basically, your brain has to re-adjust to life without thc. Doctors are no help here because there has been virtually no research into weed withdrawal due to its illegality. The only cure is time sober of weed.

Most sites are incorrect. I too went 3-6 weeks without smoking so many times because the internet said thats how long your body needed. Now I know thats only true if you dont go through PAWS. Ringing in the ears is a common symptom, as are heart fluttering, anxiety, stress, insomnia...

Personally I get headaches, feel constantly tired, and have low sex drive as a result of weed withdrawal. I have these symptoms almost every day, and Im 14 weeks clean. Theyre getting better slowly, but still a huge drag on my life.

We'll have to wait for a while before the medical community can catch up to these conclusions - weed is still illegal federally in the US - so for now there is a ton of misinformation out there. Hang in there, it just takes time.
SparkleFly12

Likes Received: 11

Postby surfermatt » Wed May 29, 2019 5:10 pm

Thank you sparklefly for your words. I have some of those symptoms as well, but not all. Seems like I should just be patient and let time heal. Good luck to you and God bless.
surfermatt

Postby JimBob8873 » Thu May 30, 2019 5:28 pm

SparkleFly12, thanks for your input, just had another night of terrible sleep, woke up at about 150AM and could not go back to sleep, honestly feels like my insomnia is getting worse...

I also have the same symptoms, besides headaches, tired every day, little to no sex drive, tinnitus, terrible sleep cycles, etc. I saw my doctor yesterday and he offered zero help. Wants me to get on Zoloft and see a behavioral therapist. Honestly they were so impersonal and dismissive of what I am going through its kinda sad. The nurse taking my pulse asked whats wrong and I told her what I was going through and I could see it on her face that she immediately looked down upon me. Like I thought you guys help people? Guess not.

I am going to try and take some passion flower and chamomile tea today and see if that helps...

Weirdly enough my GF is also having trouble sleeping, she would hit the vape but not nearly as much as I did. Not enough to cause addiction. Honestly wondering if we have something else causing this or the vape itself was just trash and filled with a bunch of bad crap... Today is 52 days sober and I cannot stand the poor sleep I am getting. I really wish I had a doctor who actually cared and wanted to help me.

Thanks again for your replies guys, we are in this together and have to deal with some pretty terrible side effects of abusing drugs. God bless my dudes. Hope you are having a good day today.
JimBob8873

Likes Received: 4