7 weeks weed free

Postby JimBob8873 » Wed May 29, 2019 12:21 am

Hey all,

This is my first new topic and I want to start off by thanking everyone who has posted on here! Honestly I would be an anxiety riddled mess if I didnt have the chance to read about others struggles that are similar to my own. I didnt know how bad I was until I quit thc concentrate cold Turkey and had SERIOUS withdrawals from it, I had pretty much everything besides physical pain.

I was a heavy every day user from 18 to 25 almost 26 so a good 8 years of burning the dankest of devils lettuce but this past year or two has been even worse now that concentrate pens are easily available. I have quit before for I dont know 2-3 months before going right back to blazing daily. But this time it's different, I think I became much more chemically addicted just because of how strong the pens are. I really didnt know how bad I was until the second night of abstinence when I was having full blown full body shaking panic attack! I just wasnt expecting a secondarly withdrawal phase after that. I guess that's what I get for abusing my body and taking it for granted.

Now that I am going on my 7th week I recently quit caffeine as well, it wasnt too bad but damn the insomnia I had last night was brutal :cry: I can handle the depression and anxiety that I'm currently dealing with but having vivid and anxious dreams really rattles me. I guess I'm just looking for advice on how others have dealt with it? I'm worried to try any sleeping meds as those are just bandaids and also have room for addiction.

I guess I just need a lot of reassurance and would love to hear some advice from others who are going through this as well...

Thanks for reading :D I hope you all have a great day.
JimBob8873

Likes Received: 4

Postby SparkleFly12 » Wed May 29, 2019 3:23 pm

Man, I could have written your whole post; only my symptoms were slightly different but every much as intense.

I too smoked 7-8 yrs, the last 2 using vape pens. Vape pens and concentrates f***ed my body up. Everything my body did seemed off. I got ED, I realized that I needed to vape to sleep, I noticed odd pains in my muscles, I work out and Id stay sore for 4 days...my body just wasnt happy when using vape pen and it showed in so many ways.

When I stopped use, holy sh**. One time I went from being high 24/7 off of vape pens for a few days to going on vacation (ie no weed). Shakes, sweats, nausea, insomnia, muscle aches...it was a terrible vacation.

Im 14 weeks clean now. The first two weeks were hell, and the months since were miserable. The dreams turned normal after about 9-10 weeks but I still have headaches, tiredness, mild depression, and low libido (ED). But it seems to get worse and then better every few days and I actually had a couple good days a week or so ago.

Its been a long ride to get where I am, but the biggest thing Ive done is to accept that I will have these symptoms for the time being. Go to sleep knowing that you will feel shitty when you get up, and not with the hope that youll feel better in the morning. Wake up feeling shitty and get on with your day right away - dont spend time thinking about how shitty you feel!

I guess my advice is really: Dont dwell on it. You'll have these symptoms for a long time, so its best to accept them as a part of your life.

All the best, youll make it to better days ahead.
SparkleFly12

Likes Received: 11

Postby JimBob8873 » Thu May 30, 2019 5:38 pm

Thank you, SparkleFly12.

I havent been able to get back to your replies but yes it does sound like we have similar things going on. I just want to sleep better, I can deal with all the other symptoms but sleep issues really mess me up. I have a good job and worry that I wont be able to do my work as well having little to no sleep most of the week.

I am going to try more supplements and see if that will help. I am reading more about Addiction and Low GABA. The two are very much related. Some things that I read that help are obviously the ones we have read before, exercise, healthy diet, good sleep hygiene, etc. but I want to try passion flower. Seems like that helps along with Chamomile. I do not have issues with falling asleep just staying asleep, and I cant really find information about it besides just the old run of the mill sleep articles...

If anyone else is reading this, I would love to hear about your story and what you have done to overcome this difficult time.

It does seem like at around 2 months things seem to get kinda bad for everyone. I am just phobic and paranoid to the point of thinking I have a serious illness and its extremely hard to get myself out of that thought process.

Hope you are well and I am praying for you and everyone dealing with this awful syndrome.
JimBob8873

Postby surfermatt » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:32 pm

Hi Jimbob, you replied to one of my posts just over a week ago and I wanted to see how you are feeling 10 days later? I've come to terms that I 99% believe my physical symptoms really are just withdrawal and that there is nothing wrong with me other than that. My biggest issue right now is anxiety straight up and mood swings where I go from feeling almost normal to near panic. Week 5 started for me yesterday, so that is some accomplishment. Look forward to hear how you are doing.

Matt
surfermatt

Likes Received: 0

Postby Loopy » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:39 pm

Hi there,

I am about 4/5 weeks weed free.

I used to smoke fairly regularly for years and I took cannabis oil for health reasons. Occasionally about 4 drops a day.

Weed always seem to affect me pretty quickly so I didn't need to have vast amounts.

My anxiety since quitting has been pretty bad. I didn't put it down to the weed.
This page has been amazing and has reassured me that it is probably withdrawal. Pretty much most of what I have read has said that withdrawal only lasts a few weeks but it seems this is not the case.

My biggest worry was the weightloss when I quit, I have lost over half stone. Obviously I am not snacking on munchies anymore but the anxiety has really impacted my appetite and I seem to feel in constant anxiety for a few weeks now.

Body pains is another issue which has then made my anxiety worse by making me worry that I have a serious illness.

Does anyone know if weed effects blood clotting factors? This has shown up in a test that I have an issue. Wondered if it was linked or not?

My hormones have been pretty bad too.

I was tempted to get back on it in order to calm the symptoms but I am due to see a Haemotologist next month so thought I should keep my blood free from the green.
But since reading posts on here, I am going to ride the storm and get myself free from it.

I never knew it could impact the body for so long. I need to get through the anxiety.

Anyone else have weightloss when quitting?
Loopy

Postby surfermatt » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:55 pm

I've lost some weight basically from not being super hungry, but it is ok with me because I was trying to lose anyway. Try tracking your calories with a fitness tracker and eat higher calorie healthy foods (like nuts, peanut butter, etc) to get your nutritional needs.
surfermatt

Postby Loopy » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:58 pm

Thank you surfermatt.
Loopy

Postby Loopy » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:09 pm

Just realised that I am about 6 weeks along.
More than I realised.
The symptoms are still pretty rough.
Loopy

Postby surfermatt » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:21 pm

Yeah brah, it's a rough go for sure. I though it would be easy to mildly annoying to quit. In fact, I wasn't originally planning on quitting, I was just trying to reset my tolerance.
surfermatt

Postby JimBob8873 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:08 pm

Hey Matt,

Thanks for checking in! I actually do feel MUCH better, I think I was having a bad episode and it has passed for now... I am sleeping better and have been taking Omega 3s and Tryptophan which has helped a lot. I would recommend checking out a few articles regarding when to take those supplements and how. They really help with anxiety and I now have next to none! Also noticed that working out a lot or doing a lot of medium/high intensity workouts make me sleep poorly. Just going for a nice 30 min walk really helps and I dont feel so terrible afterwords!

Loopy,

If you are genuinely worried about your health go get checked out by your doctor! I doubt you actually have anything wrong as everyone is effected differently by PAWS. Anxiety is totally normal, I had SEVERE anxiety up until week 6 or 7 and it has subsided for now. I still have slight insomnia, I wake up too early and cant fall back asleep... But that is much better than dealing with horrible anxiety every day! I noticed that it effected my hormones as well, I rarely feel horny anymore and when I do have sex I end up not feeling that great afterwords. I think it has to do with the release of dopamine, since our neurotransmitters have been overloaded for so long and they are healing, anything that will give you a rush of endorphins will make you not feel very well and might trigger a PAWS episode. So just watch out and take it easy! Your mind is healing and it takes time, it took me a while to stop dwelling on it and I feel much better knowing that IT WILL PASS. When its finally over with you will look back on this time in your life and realize how amazingly strong you are/were. I am SO grateful that I have the strength to make it through something so difficult.

Something that has also helped me is leaning on your best friends for support. Just talking it out in a chill and stress free environment has vastly improved my outlook and I just feel good knowing I have the support of people who love me.

Hope that helps! I wish you guys the best and much love and respect!

Have a great weekend guys, take it easy and be good to yourselves.
JimBob8873

Postby Loopy » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:19 pm

Hey JimBob,

Thank you so much for your reply.

I have had very little sleep the past couple of nights. This is the first week of having this issue.
I keep waking up throughout the night.

Glad you are doing well and coming through it.

I am looking forward to getting through to the better times.

Just a matter of riding it out and acceptance I guess. Trying to hang on to some rationality that makes itself known occasionally through the anxiety.

I am missing the high and the escape from life but I am looking forward to better times when my brain has healed.

Wishing you guys well on your journeys.

Have a great weekend too.
Loopy

Postby JimBob8873 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:47 pm

Losing sleep is the WORST trust me I know. Its been hell for 2 months dealing with it but I hope its finally getting better. Its definitely anxiety related, our brains just dont have enough serotonin and dopamine to help us sleep properly along with a lot of extra cortisol and epinephrine. That combo will give you anxiety and sleep issues along with mood swings etc.

Just hang in there my man I think you are getting through the worst of it but it does get better!
JimBob8873

Postby Loopy » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:10 pm

Thank you.

Been a tough couple of days. Didn't make it in to work yesterday due to anxiety.

Been sent home for a couple of hours today between shifts.

Feeling wiped out exhausted and full of anxiety.

I really hope it gets easier. I have been so tempted to have a joint just because this feels unbearable.
Got to keep going. Just need to sleep.
Loopy

Postby JimBob8873 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:52 pm

I totally understand what you are feeling my man, luckily I have a laid back position at my work and they understand what I am going through...

I slept like sh** last night, got about an hour of sleep. Its brutal laying in bed for 8 hours straight! I am so done with this and I can totally see why people relapse when going through PAWS, its an absolute nightmare.

I wanted to kick my addiction and get back to normal and be truly happy with my life again, like I was before I started smoking, all I got from kicking my addiction was a swift kick in the balls. This SUCKS but I know I can make it, I KNOW we can all make it!

I'm positive I have learned my lesson, but I dont think the punishment fights the crime...
JimBob8873

Postby Loopy » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:12 am

Yesterday was tough, I was tempted to get back on it to make things bearable again but I fought against it.

This withdrawal is crap.

I think back which is many years ago before I got on the weed. I didn't have anxiety, I never realised it was the weed but it makes sense.

I want to be free from it and see what 'normal' feels like!

I had another rough night too. I took some herbal sleeping tablets which helped a bit.

My body is going through different pains in different places the past weeks. I guess it is the THC leaving the body.

We can do this!! Lets just hope it gets moving quickly!

Just got to keep going.
Loopy