1 year clean

Postby dennisg787 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:32 pm

hi everyone.
im one year and a couple of days clean from cannabis.its been a long and hard trip so far for me but things are going better.there are still moment that i feel really crap but they are manageable.
i still have symptoms like derealization and i feel little depressed but its much better that the begining.
my sleep is not the best and i wake up every 3-4,the dreams are still vivid but no nightmares.
the biggest issue is sometimes i feel like im not present,i feel lost.
anxiety comes and goes in waves.
i still got physical symptoms which is annoying me.im most of the time tired physicly and mentaly.
i hope one day im gonna feel normal again and i hope the same for you guys.
love you all.
dennis
dennisg787

Likes Received: 9

Postby Hellokitty85 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:38 am

Congrats on making it this far! That is really so awesome. I’ve quit for over a year maybe once in my 20 years of smoking and now im back to quitting again. I’m envious of your year marker! I hope to be there one day. I know it’s hard but from what I hear it takes the brain a long time to heal from this. Especially if you were smoking for a long time...
Hellokitty85

Likes Received: 14

Postby dennisg787 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:57 am

hey hellokitty85
thanks for your reply.
i was smoking for at least 12 years but the last 4 was really heavy with skunk weed and it ruined me.it will take some more time to be back to normal but i have no intention to go back to smoke again.
dennisg787

Postby HarryGasikara » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:35 pm

Hello Dennisg787,
What a coincidence, I am also 1 year and 6 days in today. We quitted exactly on the same day. Just want to say you are not alone. I have brain fog. Head pressure is now far less often than before; I would say 1/10. I have dp/dr too but not like before. Have faith. It is going to disappear in its time. Patience is the key. I advise you to practise sports. All my best regards to all of us.
HarryGasikara

Likes Received: 2

Postby dennisg787 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:26 pm

hey harry thanks for your time
i was practising alot when i was back home before quit cannabis but now i moved to uk since october and im working almost everyday and im doing night shifts and its very hard for me to go to the gym or do enything else.i know it will realy help me but with that low energy i dont have the motivation to do.
in three days im going for holidays to my island corfu greece so im gonna get some rest get some sun and eat healthy food and when i come back im gonna start the gym for sure.
its really hard being in paws my friend but as you said time is the key!!
i hope one day we will get there..
congrats for you aS well my friend wish you all the best
love you all
dennis
dennisg787

Postby BullFrog » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:04 pm

Dennis, thanks for sharing your story and for testifying to the fact that you are seeing progress after a years time of sobriety. It's ALWAYS good to hear from others that they are making progress.

As for the exercise, obviously a good cardio is ideal (or anything that gets the heart rate up high). But have you considered calisthenics? It's SO convenient because it can be done at your home. So you may not have the energy to get up and go to a gym, but perhaps an intense 15-20 minutes of calisthenics? That might be something to consider and doing that 3-4 times a week will prove immensely helpful I am sure.

Fight on!
BullFrog

Likes Received: 69

Postby weedbaddrug » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:40 pm

Hi bro

I am month 9 and feel anxious and depressed. Depressed probably because I am sick of this paws. Does it get better 9 months to a year ?
weedbaddrug

Likes Received: 3

Postby BullFrog » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:20 pm

Weedbaddrug,

Quick answer is that it all depends. Lots of people have experienced huge improvements to complete recovery by a year. But then again, many ALSO experience only some relief and some progress by the first year. I experienced a lot of relief at 6 months, then a wave hit me at 7 months and relief again at 9 months then a wave at 12 months, then relief between 13-15 months and then nasty wave here at 16 to 17 months. It all varies. You recovery could be next month, or it could be at year 3.

Push through, exercise lots, continue to do the things you love (that doesn't require putting chemicals into your body) and give it time. Just remember, do all you can to live your life. Don't keep focusing on regret and how yucky you feel. Push through and live in the now, NOT the past.
BullFrog

Likes Received: 69

Postby dennisg787 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:46 am

hi all
bullfrog you are absolutelly right about the home exercising and will do as soon as im back from my holidays.
when i was at month 1-3 i was thinking that im gonna be like that forever and i have some mental illness and i was self medicating with cannabis.i had suicidal thoughts,i was thinking that i had some nasty illness.
As for now im way way better but not where i want to be.
i still got anxiety,physical anxiety,also depression but much better than the begining.
when you are in that its hard to notice any progress but if you take a closer look back at the early days there is a massive progress.
as for me 0 to 3 months was just something i want to forger,honestly.
after month 3 i was seeing small progress month by month,small but still progress.
i will let you know in a couple of months how i will feel.till then i wish you all the best and dont let
your mind take control of you,its getting better.
our brain atm is under contsraction.
love you all and wish you all the best

sorry for my bad english
dennis
dennisg787