Niacinamide led to almost instant cure from PAWS

Postby AngryDwarf » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:38 am

I have been taking 500-1500 mg niacinamide for a few days now and it has practically cured me of PAWS. Straight away from the very first dose I felt as if a huge burden had been lifted from my shoulders. I started perceiving the world in a new way and thinking thoughts that I had not thought in a long time.

I went on a bit of an internet research adventure, niacinamide is a part of an enzyme called NAD, which is in central role in energy metabolism. There are treatment centers that IV NAD , but apparently very similar results can be achieved with niacinamide supplementation, since the body is good at turning niacinamide into NAD. Here are a few gold nuggets from an article I came across:

“Statistically," Rodgers claims, "70% of patients are craving-free by day five; 90% by day ten.” She adds that some reported having no physical memory of how drugs even felt, clearing their desire for them.

Curious, Wilson became a guinea pig, taking 3,000 mg of niacin daily. Within a few weeks, fatigue and depression (symptoms of low NAD) which had plagued him for years, were gone. Seeking to share this exciting discovery, Wilson gave the same doses to 30 of his close friends in AA, hoping it could be replicated. Of the 30, 20 he later reported became free of anxiety, tension and depression in one or two months. This dramatically reduced their alcohol consumption.

At the end of the first eight-hour treatment, Paul says he already felt different. He couldn’t quite explain it, he recalls, but his mind was clearer. He felt energized. More alive. And definitely more present. Returning daily for nine more treatments, he noticed a growing list of undeniable and rather dramatic changes. His outlook was more positive and he was optimistically able to imagine a future for himself, one he’d stopped envisioning years ago. His mind was as sharp as it had been prior to years of drug use. The best part, he says, true to the claims, there were few or no withdrawal symptoms, therefore no need for a replacement drug to get him through yet another grueling detox. He also realized he had no cravings, the primary cause of his continued bouts of relapse. His disbelief completely gone, he recalls, he concluded he was drug free.

Since NAD is a detoxifier, it takes days (rather than weeks or months), to flush out stored drugs from the body and its organs, replenish balance in the brain, and reverse damage. Results can be mental clarity, cognitive function increase, focus and concentration returns, more energy, better mood, positive outlook. And this happens cold turkey.

“We find that one of the big reasons this treatment works is because it’s so rapid,” Gray says. The majority of drug addicted individuals, she claims, need about ten days of infusions, sometimes less. “It keeps people inspired when they see fast results,” she adds, “especially when they feel better than they did before, or perhaps ever in their life.”

Often NAD deficiency is first evident in brain-related symptoms of poor concentration, difficulty focusing, and attention deficit disorders. If the energy shortage lasts long enough, brain neurons cannot synthesize neurotransmitters. When this occurs, the molecules of consciousness (such as serotonin, dopamine, and noradrenaline) are affected. Anxiety, depression, sleep disturbance and other mood changes can then arise.

Moreover, NAD deficiency that induces fatigue and depression increases a propensity to use drugs and alcohol in order to improve energy and mood - simply to feel better. The self-medicating cycle is a common story reported by many addicts, and leads to even lower NAD. A vicious cycle ensues.

Could PAWS be a result of lowered NAD levels due to prolonged cannabis use? It certainly seems like that was the case for me.

I can't link to the article but you can find it by googling "Brain Restoration: ‘Too Good To Be True’ for Addiction and Disease?"
AngryDwarf

Likes Received: 12

Postby BullFrog » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:59 am

I use to use Niacin a lot for about a year to two year span (I used niacin as niacinamide has shown damage to the liver from it's slow release mechanism). I did it mainly because many claimed long term health benefits. People would get scarred from the flush that would occur, but it is perfectly harmless and is a result of increased blood flow to the surface of the skin.

Having said that....this is veeery interesting that you experienced a virtual cure for paws. Can you document what you were feeling like the day before you took it? And, after having experienced these results, how long has it been with you feeling virtually "cured"?

I would be willing to try niacin again (I stopped years ago as I was unsure it boasted the health benefits that sum claimed) but I don't want to jump into something and make matters worse.
BullFrog

Likes Received: 68

Postby Hellokitty85 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:44 am

I would like to try this out... I wonder if I’m too early in my detox to get any benefits but it seems like it’s worth a try. I am definitely experiencing withdrawl symptoms and cravings. I know I need some sort of vitamins in general.
Hellokitty85

Likes Received: 14

Postby SparkleFly12 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:50 am

Bought Niacin and tried it out, certainly was not a miracle cure for me. Going to try picking up Niacinamide this evening.

Niacin is supposedly broken down into Niacinamide in the body, but also read that high doses of one has a different effect compared to high doses of the other.
SparkleFly12

Likes Received: 16

Postby BullFrog » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:17 am

Keep us in the loop, Sparkle, as to how it affects you. Be sure to also take the recommended dosage for PAWS (I assume 1 to 2 grams per day as opposed to simply a couple of hundred milligrams).
BullFrog

Postby SparkleFly12 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:23 am

I couldn't find Nyacinamide at a couple different places so Im going to stick to Niacin for now. I only took 750mg this morning so Ill be sure to take more tonight and tomorrow
SparkleFly12

Postby BullFrog » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:28 am

Sparkle, Amazon sells a niacinamide via 20 different companies. Perhaps try that out.

Yeah I would definitely double up on that dosage. :)
BullFrog

Postby SparkleFly12 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:29 pm

Unfortunately Im heading out of town for the next 2 weeks so I cant get it on Amazon. I will definitely order it when I get back though.

After day 1 of Niacin, I certainly do feel better than yesterday. But yesterday was an unusually rough day...

Im also suffering mostly from physical symptoms (headache, muscle aches, tinitus), the mental symptoms come and go (low libido, depression, anxiety) but the physical ones are constant. So maybe this is just potentially not treating what I have.
SparkleFly12

Postby AnnaK » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:22 pm

Be careful with niacin. Taking high doses lead to a few deaths in a rehab facility. I have taken it daily for a few days with no change in PAWS.
AnnaK

Likes Received: 6

Postby Db82 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:48 pm

Pardon my language Ana but u are full of crap, u like to dwell on problems and cry with other people, I think that's your specialty not trying anything to cure it and when cure is available u diss it ... I see he wrote down this two days ago when did you have a chance to try and who and when it happened that someone died from vitamin b3 or niacin...u can take up to 5 gram every day and live to be very old, it is very true that it helps recovery indeed. Try it out! I recommend before you diss it to try it out for few weeks first and actually try to give some real advice. I'm recovering addict and would love to hear success stories and how to overcome this not just crying and saying how f***ed up I am. I'm 150 days in and this time with proper supplements otherwise I could not have done it. B3 niacinamide or niacin does help. Very cheap and veryyyy safe !!!!
Dr Hoffer, who boasted he took more B3 than anybody on the planet, remained healthy until he passed away at age 91. He denied all claims that niacin was responsible for liver difficulties and went as far as to say it promoted longevity. Before he passed away he discovered a Canadian woman named Mary MacIsaac who took massive doses of B3 for 42 years. She practiced cross country skiing at age 110 and lived until age 112! Okay, I think I'll have what she was taking.
Db82

Postby Db82 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:07 pm

As an interesting aside, consider the following passage about AA Founder Bill Wilson’s experience with niacin and alcohol recovery:

“Even as AA slowly grew, many of Bill’s financial and personal problems endured, most notably depression. I met Bill in New York in 1960. I introduced him to the concept of megavitamin therapy. Bill was very curious about it and began to take Niacin, 3000mg daily. Within a few weeks the fatigue and depression that had plagued him for years were gone. He gave it to 30 of his close friends in AA. Of the 30, 10 were free of anxiety, tension and depression in one month. Another 10 were well in two months. Bill then wrote “The Vitamin B3 Therapy,” and thousands of copies of this extraordinary pamphlet were distributed. As a result, Bill became unpopular with the members of the board of AA International. The medical members, who had been appointed by Bill, “knew” vitamin B3 could not be as therapeutic as Bill had found it to be. I found it very useful in treating patients who were both alcoholic and depressed.” -Dr. Abram Hoffer
Db82

Postby AnnaK » Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:41 am

I realize that we are all in withdrawal but you don’t have to be a troll and act aggressively. I merely said be careful. I am cautious with supplements of any kind. I also said I tried it for a few days and haven’t had any change in my symptoms. This is supposed to be a support forum and I am tired of being attacked for everything I post. This isn’t the first time. I am a nice person. I never told anyone they were wrong. I don’t really have an opinion or I would have stated it.
AnnaK

Likes Received: 6

Postby SparkleFly12 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:47 am

No need for any hostility here...

So I did a quick google, and according to a reputable source bad things can happen at 2000mg+ per day. Probably going to down my dose a bit.
SparkleFly12

Postby BullFrog » Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:31 am

Anna, ignore the person's harsh words. You are always welcome here, friend, and your comments are appreciated.

Sparkle, I believe above 3grams with niacinamide is the issue. I think pure niacin can be taken a lot higher with the common I'll effect being an upset stomach. In other words, pure b3 and now the man made slowecha is of niacinamide
BullFrog

Postby BullFrog » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:21 am

Sorry my last sentence got jumbled and I couldn't edit it. I meant to say that I know there is a documented issue in comparison with high dosages of niacinamide as opposed to pure B3. Pure B3 does not have the slow release mechanism and thus has the "Flush" that makes people feel uncomfortable. This is often why many people opt for the niacinamide as to avoid the itchy uncomfortable flush (I never minded it). As such, it is "safer" to use pure B3 in higher dosages as opposed to high dosages of niacinamide.
BullFrog

Next