Niacinamide led to almost instant cure from PAWS

Postby ashthewarrior7 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:10 pm

Hahaha bullfrog, no worries man, you're one of the best folks here!

Having said that, if this is truly the cure, I'm going to hold workshops and talk to shrinks about this to spread the word. Not just online forums.

I've read about how it's been used for other issues and withdrawals of benoz and alcohol. Apparently it gets past the blood brain barrier and hits the same receptors the psychoactive drugs do but in a more "calming" fashion. My last concern to look out for is if there is any dependency that forms with this? Even if it is I don't mind doing a super slow tapering off process that takes years.

3 mg a day is apparently fine, since it's water soluble, drinking plenty of water and strategically taking the supplements seems like a fool proof plan.
ashthewarrior7

Likes Received: 67

Postby BullFrog » Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:39 am

Hey Ash!

Okay well glad there is no hard feelings by plagiarizing you. ;) :P

I had no idea about it being able to pass the blood brain barrier. That is amazing!

Out of all the studies and articles I have read on niacin, I have never once heard about dependency. Not once. But if you do come across it then please let me know! ......but as you said...even if there was proof of it, I would much rather work on slow tapering if it means a serious reduction in PAWS by taking niacin.

Please let us know what you find in your profession and fellow shrinks concerning further development, Ash. Keep researching! We need people like you.
BullFrog

Likes Received: 66

Postby dirtySanchez » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:02 am

Anyone recommends what kind of doses should I do with pure niacin regarding I took niacinamide dose of 500ng? Should doses of pure niacin be higher/lower than niacinamide?
dirtySanchez

Likes Received: 22

Postby ashthewarrior7 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:04 pm

From what I've read, 500 mg after every meal, but be careful of the flushing that happens, that goes away too in a few days. I did some digging and niacin is really supposed to be better than niacinamide, the slow release or delayed no flush versions is less effective than the regular ones.

Everything else I found is pretty accurate to what angrydwarf already said. It's used for detox, used for withdrawals recovery,
ashthewarrior7

Postby BullFrog » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:13 pm

Hey Sanchez,

I am getting Niacin in the mail in a few days so I am going to get a chance to relive the experience of pure Niacin. I used it for a year about 5-6 years ago. I was doing it mainly because of the health benefits being espoused by Dr. Abram and others...not for sure why I stopped actually. Anyway! I was one of the few who truly enjoyed "the flush". Yeah, sometimes it could be itchy and it does make you feel hot when it happens, but it was really enjoyable to me, especially once the flush subsided and a coolness fell over my body. Aaah yes...niacin.

Okay so be aware of the flush. It WILL happen. Your body will look as if a rash has broken out all over your body. You might feel tingling, even itching. Just calm down, don't call the ER (like many people have who didn't know any better, haha!). You are not dying, it's not an allergic reaction, but merely a flush of blood is rushing to the surface of your skin ALL OVER YOUR BODY. If you want to get an idea of what it LOOKS like, just type it into youtube. I am telling you this so you know exactly what to expect since those who don't know assume a severe infection/rash is taking over your body. Aaah yes...the niacin flush.

Those who take pure niacin EVERYDAY often see the flushing significantly reduced within a week. Some claim to barely feel it at all by week 2.

As Ash said, take it with a meal. It's kinda hard an an empty stomach and may make you feel nauseous. Personally, I recommend buying a bottle that offers 100mg tablets. This way you can try 200mg and see how you feel. If the flush is still minimal, take 300mg for lunch. If still not too harsh, then try 500mg for dinner. Know that the flush can hit you instantly...or take upwards of an hour before occurring. Also know the flush can last 15 minutes, or an hour. There are different theories as to why this is. I no longer remember Dr. Abram's theories, but regardless of it's brevity or length, it's all normal and don't worry.

Again...the flush is harmless!

The ONLY side effect from pure niacin is associated with MEGA dosing, which is usually several grams (5g-15g+) and it results in vomiting, which is a natural bodily reaction to overdosing on most things we intake. But the point is that even with mega-dosing, the flush is neither permanent nor harmful.

To give an idea of what I tried in the past, I started with 500mg a day and then eventually did as much as 2grams per day.

Also the flush reactions to different temperatures of food. When I take niacin alongside hot soup, the flush hits me within seconds. If it is with a cold sandwich, it might take a few minutes. Don't remember why this is, but something to be aware of.

Enjoy my friend! :)
BullFrog

Likes Received: 66

Postby dirtySanchez » Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:22 pm

I received a pure 100% niacin yesterday.

I took the dose of 1,000 mg and I can say it was way too much. The flush part was really intensive - I got headaches, became very mentally tired with anxiety.

Today I took 200mg - I somehow liked the flush, but don't know why - I became so mentally tired and sleepy. Now after 1 hour my head is still very heavy. I am not in the mood for anything - just want to lay on the bad and do nothing.

Is this normal?

My plan is to take even lover dose - 100mg or 50mg tomorrow and will give it a shot for like a week or so.

If this will not work I will switch back to niacinamide but this time without slow release.

I didn't find any information about normal niacniamid making damage to the liver. it the SR (slow release) niacinamide that is harmful. Can anyone confirm this?
dirtySanchez

Postby ashthewarrior7 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:49 am

Hi DirtySanchez,

What I read was people with liver problems should avoid taking niacinamide, there wasn't a mention of slow release only. But I also read that it's dangerous only above 3000 mg a day. I also read that niacin had more benefits over niacinamide, hence niacin been the better option. Saw online reviews as well where the ones with flush were alot better than the ones without flush.

Did you take 1000 mg of niacin in one go?
ashthewarrior7

Postby dirtySanchez » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:37 am

ashthewarrior thanks for reply! Really appreciate it.

Yes I took 1000mg in one go:) it was WAY to much. The next day I took 200mg.. Maybe should I wait a few days for my body to come back from this shock. I still feel a little dizzy.

Don't know why but I am really sensitive to some suppliments. Like I can't take Preworkout for weight-lifting because I get this "heavy head" feeling/dizziness. It really puts down my mood. Excetly the same happened with niacin.

I'll try with micro dosing (25mg) for the next few days.

If this won't work I'll switch back to niacinamide and go to my doctor and try to schedule tests for my liver every few moths.
dirtySanchez

Postby ashthewarrior7 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:02 pm

Drink lots of water, normally it takes upto 3 days for the body to throw out excess water soluble vitamins completely and go back to normal, fat soluble vitamins and minerals takes upto 90 days, sometimes more. Heavy metals and other toxins, well, years apparently.

With lots of water, less alcohol, good exercise, good diet nothing to worry too much about niacinamide as long as you keep it under 3000 mg. I've read folks taking upto 5000 mg? But the key is to wean off it as well. I also think it was right about it be closer to smoking, I've noticed guys who smoked cigarettes seem to have longer PAWS. Also read that NAD is converted to serotonin/dopamine. Niacin is converted to NAD by the liver. Which kind of goes back to the theory of our dopamine/serotonin receptors and levels are out of balance. I wouldn't go upto to 1000 mg for the same reason, don't want to desensitize them again if that's what weed did to us.
ashthewarrior7

Previous