Niacinamide led to almost instant cure from PAWS

Postby Db82 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:40 am

My apologies didn't mean to sound like that little wired I am , it is indeed a support forum and everyone has different solutions to the problem. Just trying to figure out solution to this. Keep up the good fight!
Db82

Postby AnnaK » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:19 pm

That’s great sure hope it helps.
AnnaK

Likes Received: 11

Postby Head in loud » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:27 pm

I started Niacinamide today, recommended is 1 pill of 500 mg a day, I took 2. So far no change.
Head in loud

Likes Received: 9

Postby ashthewarrior7 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:46 pm

A couple of table spoons of flax seeds seemed to help. You gotta chew real well them before you swallow or put them in a grinder. It takes a couple of days to work but on the down side I see the effects go down even with continuous usage. But if it gives at least a few days of relief then go for it.

With supplements you will also realize that they work differently in different stages of a "wave" of PAWS.

Lastly, everyone is different, some things work for folks and some doesn't. That's exactly why we few got PAWS and others don't. Win your PAWS war!
ashthewarrior7

Likes Received: 78

Postby SparkleFly12 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:24 pm

So I got some really bad headaches yesterday, and felt sort of like an alcohol hangover...not sure Im going to continue with niacin for now. Going to take a few days break
SparkleFly12

Likes Received: 23

Postby AngryDwarf » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:39 pm

SparkleFly12 wrote:So I got some really bad headaches yesterday, and felt sort of like an alcohol hangover...not sure Im going to continue with niacin for now. Going to take a few days break

I forgot to mention that niacinamide increases glucose oxidation, which means that you may experience symptoms of low blood sugar faster than you are used to. Headaches, irritability and fatigue are common symptoms. Once your body learns to make the connection between niacinamide-caused low blood sugar and food, you will become ravenous for fruits and starches. Another option is to simply lower the dose. Even 20-50 mg after meals can offer tremendous therapeutic benefits.

For those who've read concerning information about niacinamide and liver damage, the only evidence of such damage is from months-long bouts of megadosing. I personally am not planning on staying on daily dosing regimen for longer than 2-3 weeks.

To the user who asked about my symptoms earlier, I had the typical brainfog, dpdr, daily waves of anxiety etc. These have either lessened significantly or gone away completely since I started niacinamide. I'm not sure if I'm 100% yet, but I feel very functional and at peace.

Here is another informative article on niacinamide: "Ray Peat, PhD Quotes on Therapeutic Effects of Niacinamide"
AngryDwarf

Likes Received: 12

Postby BullFrog » Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:13 pm

AshWarrior,

Excellent point as usual. The notion of supplements working differently during certain parts of the WAVES of PAWS makes so much sense. Once I took turmeric for a month and, wherever I happened to be at the time of my WAVE, the turmeric worked WONDERS! I tried replicating it again later and nothing. Again, certain supplements work for certain people and at certain times of the waves. Fascinating.

AngryDwarf,

Great to hear back from you and that you are STILL experiencing significant relief from niacinamide! FanTASTic!

Question: is there a significant benefit of niacinamide over niacin? Or is it purely to avoid the uncomfortable "flush" associated with pure niacin?

I will also look up the article you referred to. Thanks!
BullFrog

Likes Received: 71

Postby AngryDwarf » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:11 pm

I haven't tried niacin, but from what I understand there should not be much difference, although some speculate that the flush effect helps detoxing drug metabolites. In another news, today I remembered that I was also taking niacinamide in the sixth month during my first recovery a few years ago, which was when I remember experiencing a major positive shift in the recovery. Shame that I did not connect the dots earlier, might have saved a lot of anguish.
AngryDwarf

Likes Received: 12

Postby tokeless » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:07 am

Lastly, everyone is different, some things work for folks and some doesn't. That's exactly why we few got PAWS and others don't. Win your PAWS war!

The same could be said for the placebo effect. Adding chemicals etc to your recovering brain on the basis of it works for some is flawed science with little logic imo. The persuit of the Holy Grail to make one feel better is similar to addiction itself, self soothing. I know I'll be seen as confrontational with this post but I'm not trying to be. I just notice some strange 'science' going on at times, eg In 2.4 weeks you'll feel about 26% better but in 2-6 months it'll be about 75%. How does that equate with the amount of variables each of us have? I think some focus too much on how sh** they feel rather than how much better it is not smoking. As I've said the battles are psychological in the longer term.
tokeless

Likes Received: 244

Postby ashthewarrior7 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:02 pm

Hi Tokeless,

I agree with the placebo affect, variables and battles being psychological, but they aren't universal.
Recovery is not linear, so a time line for recovery cannot be fixed. There isn't enough information out there to answer alot of questions, I wish there was more information and a guaranteed cure but there isn't. The pursuit to make one feel better is one of the driving forces in our nature, it's one of the reason we stay alive. The battles are psychological, but they aren't ONLY psychological. I strongly believe it has a lot to do with dopamine receptors that have been desensitized and a swelling of the hypothalamus. Not many realize that psychological state of mind are driven by physiological factors. Example, how can you go from anxiety and depression driven to extremely appreciative and happy just by using weed/mdma/other psychoactive drugs? I mean there is little psychological play in that, you can give it to an animal and the effects are seen there as well, the animal doesn't know it's receiving a happy pill and it is supposed to feel happy now.

Having said that, focusing on how terrible you feel doesn't help anything but only negatively affects you, so don't do it. Keeping your mind off PAWS definitely decreases your suffering, removing stress and thus speeding up your recovery.

Lastly, I understand that when an intense wave of PAWS hit, it's hard not be miserable, hard to stay logical, impossible to be positive, it is at this point where you need to set aside all of the above and just hold on to the fact that you are recovering and this wave will pass just like all the other waves.

P.S. These are just my inputs and perspective, I could be wrong but if I am, I hope it's for the better.
ashthewarrior7

Postby ashthewarrior7 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:38 am

So guys,

been a while, how's the Niacinamide/ niacin supplement working?
ashthewarrior7

Postby dirtySanchez » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:27 pm

I am taking niacinamide for the last 2 weeks - 500mg every meal, 3 times per day.

It cured me of PAWS. I had been weed free for 18monhts but I still had troubles focusing and was tired all the time, like there was something that is still missing in my body or the body can't produce it by itself.

I had tried everything - from NAC, macuna, l-tyrosine, 5-htp,... I had been taking magnesium, omega 3, vitamins,... and also have been very physically active for the last 2 years & watching over my diet..this was the last puzzle that I needed to become really PAWS free.

Thanks for suggesting it!
dirtySanchez

Likes Received: 26

Postby SparkleFly12 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:44 pm

So, the $1M question...what happens if you stop taking Niacinamide? Does PAWS come back? Does your brain continue to heal itself as you take it, or does the healing process stop?

Just ordered some niacinamide myself and am going to check it out. But if it symptoms just come back after stopping...nit sure Im going to take it for too long.
SparkleFly12

Likes Received: 23

Postby JimBob8873 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:50 pm

I took it for 2 weeks and stopped and I still feel way better! PAWS is hardly there now that I am off of it. Could be different for everyone but it worked for me.
JimBob8873

Likes Received: 7

Postby Head in loud » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:01 am

I took it for a week.
Day 1–took 3 together and it give me really bad headache.
Day 2- took 2 and headache was manageable. My night sweat came back and start feeling weird. I’m not sure if my PAW came back or if it was due to Niacinamide. It been a week and I stop taking it. I don’t know if it is due to PAW but I can’t stop eating. I had the same thing happening to me when I tried b6 some months ago. I’m a week short of a year and the latest PAW wave sucks. Worst thing is I feel like I can’t do anything, totally retardation. Other day I was paying my friend some money I had barrows from her-end up counting 420 dollars in 20 notes 5 times and still was not sure if it was right. Total no confidence and lack of making any decision—can’t even decide if I want to go out or stay home. None of my symptoms gone away, worst is the tinnitus—buzzzzz sound whenever I lay down.
Head in loud

Likes Received: 9

PreviousNext