1 year 8 months weed free update

Postby BullFrog » Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:05 pm

How are you doing, Robb?
BullFrog

Likes Received: 72

Postby Jonok1 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:08 pm

I’m the same place 1yr 8 months and I remember reading your posts when I first stopped the MJ, if I’m honest I’m still struggling and still get tempted occasionally to start using again, I’m clinging on to the hope that things will improve if I can get to the 2 year mark...
Jonok1

Likes Received: 9

Postby soldieroflife » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:59 pm

I feel like it's kind of a relief that what I'm experiencing has a name and is known to subside even if after a long time. I've quit for 43 days and have to admit, I thought I'd feel better by now. Nightmares pretty much every night, head aches every day and dedinite urges to smoke. As I read, I realize how naive I am in this process and that I'm in for a Lot more. Part of me just wants to smoke. I just keep fighting it off. I'm sure it's caused me to drink more. Hoping it helps me at least thru the rougher patches. I know, sad way of thinking. I barely know life without some mood altering chemical at 38 yes old. At least I know from reading on here that it's normal and will get better. If I thought this was what I was quitting for, I'd probably revert back.
soldieroflife

Likes Received: 3

Postby Robb1e_g » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:19 pm

Soldier of life, trust me when I say it’s worth it. I thought I’d never get better but I have. I went through very very bad symptoms to the point that I thought about not living anymore daily for the first 9 months. After depending on weed that long it’s rational to have withdrawals like this. I’ve learned a lot about it especially in college where I take a lot of biology and chemistry and anatomy classes for my major. But the brain is incredible in its neuroplastocity, and will create new neuropathways and regain its normal amount of dopamine and seratonin levels eventually. I would give it about 2 years without weed and don’t drink much or have too much caffeine because from experience it does make it worse in the beginning. The worse symptoms for me were probably the depersonalization and derealization that came up from so much anxiety that I was exepriencing. You’ll start to notice when your waves come and such. For now it’ll probably be pretty constant but I noticed so much improvement over the last almost 2 years i never thought I’d be where I am now. There’s a reason you’re going through this. No one can expect to be fine quitting weed after abusing it for so long
Robb1e_g

Likes Received: 45

Postby soldieroflife » Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:31 pm

Robb1e_g Appreciate the words of encouragement. Really helps to believe there is something on the other side to look forward to. I have a great life from the outside in, but I found myself virtually emotionless after ten yrs of smoking without some form of chemical altering. Hard to remember what being naturally happy feels like, lol. I'm glad I started on this journey. I'm doing a lot more this time to understand what to expect and have finally realized even a little is way too much for me. Always had me habitual very quickly.
soldieroflife

Likes Received: 3

Postby Stannnnus » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:46 pm

Hello everyone. I've been addicted to cannabis since 2009 I stopped for a year and 8 month's in i was hit with depression. I was crying most days for no reason at all, being sentimental over the smallest of things. Since then I have been smoking most of the time, and stopping for 3 to 5 months at a time. I stopped again yesterday and now I'm anxious depressed etc. I think I allways return to smoking because I'm scared of paws. Yesterday my doctor told me to stop talking sertraline and start on 150mg of trazodone. Does this medication help for anxiety or is mixing cannabis and anti depressants a bad idea. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you
Stannnnus

Likes Received: 0

Previous