Hi, 2.5 years

#45

Postby thegreatdane » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:45 pm

Bro this is just an advice but its important man. If you take things like Xanax, l tyrosine, you are preventing what your brain is trying to do. Your brain is trying to heal and sensitize your dopamine and serotonin receptors again. When you keep looking for things to cope or take supplements it will just slow down the healing so much. I have studied neuroscience and i have seen tons of people who arent healing at the pace they like because they are just turning to other dopamine enchanced acitvities. Meditation, exercise, and diet, you dont need anything else.

If you still go to that route i dont know how much l tyrisine to take, maybe some other guy on here can advice you about that.
thegreatdane
Full Member
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:41 pm
Likes Received: 39


#46

Postby tokeless » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:54 pm

Wow, some ego sh** going on here. My opinion is to not take anything in the hope of treating the great PAWS mystery... Adding to something you're trying to clear makes no sense (to me) If you feel depressed them treat that but it doesn't have to be your withdrawal... You can convince yourself it is but do so with little evidence. I do think there's a lot of time stats on here and measuring success or emotions based on time. Just get on with life and embrace your freedom. Coming here like some recovery group keeps you grounded in your addiction and how sh** you feel... Like most addiction groups, they become the addiction if you're not careful. Best wishes to you all but all your battles seem psychological to me... That can feel physical too.
tokeless
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 5:17 pm
Likes Received: 238

#47

Postby Requimfordream » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:08 pm

tokeless wrote:Wow, some ego sh** going on here. My opinion is to not take anything in the hope of treating the great PAWS mystery... Adding to something you're trying to clear makes no sense (to me) If you feel depressed them treat that but it doesn't have to be your withdrawal... You can convince yourself it is but do so with little evidence. I do think there's a lot of time stats on here and measuring success or emotions based on time. Just get on with life and embrace your freedom. Coming here like some recovery group keeps you grounded in your addiction and how sh** you feel... Like most addiction groups, they become the addiction if you're not careful. Best wishes to you all but all your battles seem psychological to me... That can feel physical too.

So what do u advised? I'm almost about to call for am appointment to the psychiatry , I was doing good man and then my anxiety flared up, I don't know if it was because of the allergy attack or something else, but I feel like I did at the beginning of this battle.. I dont think this can happen to all people but it is happening to me know, it could be PAWS that I delayed because I jumped to early into the SSRI or icould be something that was underlaying or I developed, General Anxiety Dissorder after years and years of abussive of weed, alcohol, porn... 'm feeling like crap. I keeep exercising but it does not seem to help...
Requimfordream
Junior Member
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:42 pm
Likes Received: 1

#48

Postby tokeless » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:24 pm

Requimfordream wrote:
tokeless wrote:Wow, some ego sh** going on here. My opinion is to not take anything in the hope of treating the great PAWS mystery... Adding to something you're trying to clear makes no sense (to me) If you feel depressed them treat that but it doesn't have to be your withdrawal... You can convince yourself it is but do so with little evidence. I do think there's a lot of time stats on here and measuring success or emotions based on time. Just get on with life and embrace your freedom. Coming here like some recovery group keeps you grounded in your addiction and how sh** you feel... Like most addiction groups, they become the addiction if you're not careful. Best wishes to you all but all your battles seem psychological to me... That can feel physical too.

So what do u advised? I'm almost about to call for am appointment to the psychiatry , I was doing good man and then my anxiety flared up, I don't know if it was because of the allergy attack or something else, but I feel like I did at the beginning of this battle.. I dont think this can happen to all people but it is happening to me know, it could be PAWS that I delayed because I jumped to early into the SSRI or icould be something that was underlaying or I developed, General Anxiety Dissorder after years and years of abussive of weed, alcohol, porn... 'm feeling like crap. I keeep exercising but it does not seem to help...


It could be coming off an SSRI? My point is fixating on PAWS as the cause of everything people are feeling is based on what? It has to be that? I'm of the opinion based on many, many years of smoking weed and never hearing of PAWS with weed that it's either the new wave of weed, eg concentrates etc, which maybe the worst thing to happen to the industry or its 'other'
I hope you get some relief
tokeless
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 5:17 pm
Likes Received: 238

#49

Postby BullFrog » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:16 pm

tokeless wrote:
It could be coming off an SSRI? My point is fixating on PAWS as the cause of everything people are feeling is based on what? It has to be that? I'm of the opinion based on many, many years of smoking weed and never hearing of PAWS with weed that it's either the new wave of weed, eg concentrates etc, which maybe the worst thing to happen to the industry or its 'other'
I hope you get some relief


I agree it is problematic to blame EVERYTHING on PAWS. However, despite your experience of never seeing people go through this, there is also just too much evidence in this forum to say it is all PURELY psychological. And let's assume it is only psychological, then cannabis is still an issue since it is causing people to freak out and be blinded by the fact that they are suddenly causing all these issues via their mind. But since I disagree that it is ALL psychological, the fact remains we didn't all come here to make up symptoms that all resided around our cannabis in order to make fools of ourselves.

I, for example, know exactly what I was like before cannabis and after. I sure as hell didn't make it up.
BullFrog
Full Member
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:55 pm
Likes Received: 68

#50

Postby tokeless » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:35 pm

BullFrog wrote:
tokeless wrote:
It could be coming off an SSRI? My point is fixating on PAWS as the cause of everything people are feeling is based on what? It has to be that? I'm of the opinion based on many, many years of smoking weed and never hearing of PAWS with weed that it's either the new wave of weed, eg concentrates etc, which maybe the worst thing to happen to the industry or its 'other'
I hope you get some relief


I agree it is problematic to blame EVERYTHING on PAWS. However, despite your experience of never seeing people go through this, there is also just too much evidence in this forum to say it is all PURELY psychological. And let's assume it is only psychological, then cannabis is still an issue since it is causing people to freak out and be blinded by the fact that they are suddenly causing all these issues via their mind. But since I disagree that it is ALL psychological, the fact remains we didn't all come here to make up symptoms that all resided around our cannabis in order to make fools of ourselves.

I, for example, know exactly what I was like before cannabis and after. I sure as hell didn't make it up.


I'm not saying it is all psychological but I am saying all the symptoms can't be PAWS unless the stuff people are smoking has been altered in some way that effects the user when they stop? I just find it strange that in my lifetime and the sheer number of people I have met through weed, none have experienced PAWS when they quit. Obviously there is some reason and I'm not saying it's people making it up, why would they? I've never smoked concentrate or wax, shatter etc but I did smoke the best bud/hash the world had to offer. I lived in the Dam at one time and never saw PAWS like people describe here and yes, there are many here. I just know dwelling on misery creates misery... Also, taking this and that and combinations of snake oils to make suffering less isn't always the best thing to do. As I say, I wish everyone well but positive thinking can be powerful too.
tokeless
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 5:17 pm
Likes Received: 238

#51

Postby SparkleFly12 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:28 am

Concentrates makes it a lot worse. But normal weed can cause it too. Its just that a small percentage of weed smokers get it. Im the only one of my friends who got it when I quit.

Forums like this are just the amalgam of those few that are unfortunate enough to suffer from it when we quit.

I will also say that in my experience, how much you smoke and the potency make a big difference. The first year I smoked a cpl hits a night, and didnt get paws. When I started smoking a gram every day or two, when I stopped for 2 months I felt shitty and stresses and couldnt sleep, but still didnt make the connection that it was weed. Then, a cpl yrs ago I started using concentrates. When I quit I was in hell and finally made the connection to weed/concentrates
SparkleFly12
Full Member
 
Posts: 101
Joined: Tue May 07, 2019 10:13 pm
Likes Received: 16


Previous

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to Addictions