destructive stress response is is possible to change it?

Postby mute » Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:59 am

when im stressed out instead of oing things that would help me to lower stress like exercise proper diet and relaxation I end up doing things that actually add to stress and anxiety like eating sugar and crappy food and stop exercising and do other self destructive things until I burn out and crash physically or mentally or both. and then start the cycle over..

I understand what im doing but haven't been able to actually change it because the more I try to do the right things when im stressed the more it backfires and I end up doing everything I try not to do..
mute

Likes Received: 0

Postby Johnny Martinez » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:35 pm

I noticed you said all the "maintream" answers for relieving stress but have you actually thought of any ways to reduce stress that you actually enjoy? This could be anything from surfing, to reading. Most people think of things they "should" do, but try thinking of things you might actually enjoy doing.
Johnny Martinez

Postby mute » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:29 am

that requires money which I don't have at the moment.
and I don't really enjoy things I normally do when im stressed out. I tend to enjoy things that are bad for me when im stressed.
like eating and drinking too much coffee and not exercising because I just have no energy or willpower to actually do any of the things that I enjoy since they require energy

when im not stressed out I enjoy gym and eating healthy and have no desire to drink coffee and do other destructive things..
that's why im asking how can I change my stress response because obviously if I did things that decrease stress I wouldn't have that problem
mute