2 years free today

Postby helenadoc » Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:11 pm

Hello hello. Today, 7th of July marks 2 years on the dot. I never thought i'll get here from the way i was feeling, but i did.
So, for those of you who do not know my story, i smoked 3 years everyday. I quit, i had almost all the symptoms of withdrawal posted on this forum. Crippling anxiety and depression was the worst.
I wanted to mark my milestone here because you people gave me hope in my most dark times and helped me out of this f***ing maze of giving up drug.
I am another living proof that it will go away. I'm doing great, i feel good, i can concentrate, i can study, i can do everything. I'm happy, i feel emotions, i have ups and downs like everyone else. I'm normal again. You will be too, you just have to trust the process.
I can feel the love, i feel good about myself, i can enjoy the moments of life. For those of you who are in the depts of despair, i've been there, i cried, i felt helpless. But it went away completely. The secret is not to do drugs anymore, go on with your life as much as you can, little by little, and it will improve substantialy.
My depression started to lift 1 year and 2 months in. Gradually! It doesn't happen overnight, not one bit. Slowly i got to the point where i heard myself saying i'm happy. All day long anxiety went away too. Now, i only get anxiety when i have a reason for it. Focus on your goal to stay sober. No matter how miserable you feel. Take a shower, or a walk, talk to someone, just don't get back to drugs. It isn't worth it. For real, it's a lie. Stay there, endure it, let time heal your brain and it will be over.
I'd like to tell you something, so that you have some sort of comparrison of how i was and how i am now. I finished college in june and we have to write a paper so that we get the degree. So, my friend is writing about depression and anxiety meds. In order to do that, she has pacients taking the Hamilton questionaire to asses the degree of the disease. So, obviously she asked me and our friends to fill some questionaires and i said i want to take 2. One in which i answer with my current state, and one with my state in the first year of quitting weed. Each question provides you with a score which will be added up to the next one and so forth. At the end of it, based on the sum of each questions score, you are classified from normal depression (the normal state of being) to mild, moderate and severe.I'm sorry i cannot post photos in here so that i can show you how it looks.
The first questionaire i responded with my actual state i got 4 points. From 0 to 7 on the Hamilton scale you are fine, normal, not affected.
The second one i responded with my first year quitting weed mind. I got 33 points!!! Above 25 on the Hamilton scale you are severely depressed, needing for treatment. Thirty f***ing three. I couldn't believe my eyes when i looked at that paper.
So, i'm here, from 33 to 4, no meds whatsoever. Just time, working to get by day by day until things started to change and everything started falling back into place.
In the end everything is going to be ALRIGHT. They say it takes 2 to 5 years to heal completely. So, if i got from 33 to 4 in 2 years, and my life is great at the moment, then it means that the next 3, the little thingies that may still be lingering because of weed will dissapear too and i'll be improving even further.
Once again, don't loose hope. I'm here for any question you may have.

Much love to you
Xoxoxo
helenadoc

Likes Received: 63

Postby leavepawsbehind » Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:19 pm

What a great accomplishment! Thanks for coming back and letting us know how well you're doing!
leavepawsbehind

Likes Received: 29

Postby BullFrog » Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:23 pm

Great accomplishment, indeed! Well done, Helena! And thank you for sharing your success with us! Gives us all such hope! :)
BullFrog

Likes Received: 71

Postby thegreatdane » Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:01 pm

Im so happy for you. You have earned all good things coming your way! Hope i can feel like you do at 2 years. Im still struggling at 18 months with depresison and anxiety
thegreatdane

Likes Received: 40

Postby Cthompson21 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:17 pm

Thank you, best to you. Drugs are a lie! I myself am coming up on one year weed free.
Cthompson21

Likes Received: 46

Return to Addictions