Help needed to find obsessions and compulsions in pure O ocd

Postby johnmason » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:14 pm

It has been going on for around last 11 years. So i have this to tendency to plan / structure my life. Without planning / structure / thinking what I will do it is impossible for me to move on with my day to day activities, even do my regular daily simple chores. I usually take a mental decision in my mind that from now onwards I will start following my plan. After I take that decision/ follow my plan
Everything is ok. I mean I am able to carry on with my daily activities. But what happens is that if things don't go perfectly I feel like I want to give up and start all over I give up mentally after this. And after I give up I am not able to continue through my activities. I feel like I want to start over with a new plan/ mental decision. Unless and until I plan/ think through/ take decision mentally I feel restless and not able to continue on with my tasks. I feel like I need to do all those planning/ thinking/ starting a anew.
johnmason

Likes Received: 0

Postby Omid123 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:32 am

Hi John
I think you are a perfectionist person and as such tend to do everything very perfect and without any slightest defect. besides you expect from yourself very much and the others around you as well.since the reality of life is not always appealing and satisfying to one, this tendency makes your mood depressed and sad.and you structure your everyday activities and plan for every hour of your day in a case to not waste your time, Am i right?
Am I right that you are keen on order and living and acting orderly?
what do you think about your way of writing this topic, you mentioned several synonyms together for six times, is it out of your desire to transfer meaning completely and perfectly to your audiences?
Omid123

Likes Received: 0