Better focus after mdma

Postby mute » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:02 pm

Any brain chemistry buffs here can explain this?
Many people report that they feel down and depressed etc during the mdma "hangover" or when coming down days after

But i actually feel opposite
I feel calm focused and very good overall
Im able to accomplish and plan more than any other times
Usually im very much influenced by outside things and not ficused or calm

So if the mdma after effects make me calm centered and focused and able to resist outside influence does that mean i have some kind of imbalance that is neutralized by mdma?

It happened multiple times in the past where i noticed mdma had this positive effect on me
mute

Likes Received: 0

Postby mute » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:23 am

it seems that staying focused and distraction free is my main problem.

I get emotionally distracted by people who drain me and then im unable to focus or have any self control for a while so my diet and excersise routine goes out the window along with other things I normally do.

i don't know what exact effect mdma has on me but it helps me to detach emotionally from people who distract me and then i get back on track. and again slowly get sucked in other peoples bs.
mute

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:35 pm

People take various stimulants to focus and get energy. This has been the case throughout human history.

It is a crutch. The questions:

-1- Is it healthy?
-2- Are there alternatives?

Like any drug, the legitimate, healthy use is generally limited to temporary use.

Ideally a healthy person navigates the world without the need for a crutch. We don’t live in an ideal world. We all sometimes need a crutch. But, when the crutch becomes a permanent fix, the go to tool to navigate a problem, that weakens us. It makes it difficult to heal if we don’t put down the crutch and gain strength.

Alternatives to using a drug is to address the underlying causes. Fix the injury so you don’t need to use the crutch. You being unable to handle social interaction is where you need to dedicate your energy.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 1074

Postby mute » Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:38 pm

yea im leaning more towards brain injury when I was a kid. but unfortunately cant afford to diagnose it or do any kind of testing..
I did have a concussion when I was a kid then bumped my head pretty hard few ties and had my nose broken on accident lol
plus I grew up with very conflicting parents that were always fighting and my mom trying to commit suicide multiple times.

the mdma effect was not intentional. and I don't ride the unicorns onmonthly basis lol
I just noticed the effect and tried it gain few times to see if its consistent
then also tried other drugs to see if its the effect of certain drug or just the effect of being high
but turns out it is the effect of mdma specifically that has a positive side.
I haven't done it in a while btw
its not something I consider to be a remedy for my issue.

the only other time I remember myself being at the top of my game is when I found my wife cheated on me ( we are divorced now) and that shocked me and instead of getting angry I chose to work on myself and improve
which I did a lot but then it faded away.

I really felt like the dude in limitless that time at one point I felt the static charge in the air I had so much energy.
i don't even know how to describe it to be honest but everything was amplified while at the same time i was in control of my emotions .
mute

Return to Psychology