Day 135 Sober

Postby JimBob8873 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:42 pm

Hey all,

Hope everyone is doing well. Just wanted to give an update on my progress, things have been going pretty well!

I have PAWS still but its really not nearly as bad as it was the first 3-4 months, almost nothing at all! I am sleeping all night, hardly any anxiety if not none at all. I still have a slight amount of depression that comes and goes but I have always been a generally depressed person. I do however have very vivid dreams, nothing like how they were (nightmare level anxiety dreams about the weirdest things). Now they seem to be more light hearted and almost funny... I still am kinda tired throughout the day and lack motivation at times but overall I think its getting better with each passing day.

To all of the people who are going through hell after their initial quit. It might SUCK now but it WILL get better! Trust me I thought I was dying of a crazy disease and my mind would run in circles thinking about every possibility. Sleepless nights where I would be shivering and sweating because I had such bad anxiety are the worst. Just know it might suck now but every week things will get a little better.

I know everyone is always looking for the next best supplement, I have to say some kinda work? I would attribute my success so far to eating healthy (vegan protein, nuts, hard boiled eggs, a good sandwich for lunch with organic bread specifically daves killer 21 grain bread, greek yogurt with fruit, maybe another snack after I get off work, then a good dinner, usually bbq chicken and salad). Also try exercising moderately, nothing crazy...

Monday: Push-ups, pull-ups, squats, burpees, stomach workout, depends on your overall fitness level...
Tuesday: A good run, I am up to a 2 mile walk/jog/sprint
Wednesday: Same as monday
Thursday: Same as tuesday
Friday: Same as monday (obviously you can switch things up if you get bored)
Saturday: A good hike in nature or another fun activity to do with friends
Sunday: rest

This is just what I have been doing, everyone is different but I want to offer some advice because its working for me!

Hope you all have a great day and best of luck.
JimBob8873

Likes Received: 7

Postby ashthewarrior7 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:09 am

You're a great example of what you need to do to recover from paws, healthy balanced lifestyle. Good job!
ashthewarrior7

Likes Received: 75