Feel like I'm going blind at times

Postby Cthompson21 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:40 am

Who else has problems with their vision? Today was bad, the worst its been in a while. It happened after I ate salty foods. Now I feel totally fine, but it's just something else when it happens. It's almost like being high or having tunnel vision, and things you see dont register. Not good for driving.
Cthompson21
Full Member
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:13 pm
Likes Received: 46


#1

Postby ashthewarrior7 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:26 pm

I've read alot of people having problems with vision, different problems as well, not just what you are experiencing, biggiesize is one user who I vividly remember and who recovered as well.
ashthewarrior7
Full Member
 
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:32 am
Likes Received: 75

#2

Postby AnnaK » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:19 pm

How long have you been clean? I had that and other eye problems
for months, it was scary. Cannabis affects blood vessels that’s why you get red eyes when stoned. It eventually went away and I started improving at the six month point.
AnnaK
Junior Member
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:26 am
Likes Received: 9

#3

Postby Cthompson21 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:51 pm

Ash I remember him saying that. Anna K I've been clean 13 months. It is scary. It was worse in the beginning: I would see things like I was looking at a Picasso painting. All scrambled. It seems to get worse at times. Im in a revolving door of symtoms and right now its vision.
Cthompson21
Full Member
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:13 pm
Likes Received: 46

#4

Postby ashthewarrior7 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:49 pm

Don't worry man, it's all PAWS, you're gonna be fine, it's really scary but you gotta hold on to logic and not what your intuition is telling you. If you ever think it's too much just go get yourself checked just for peace of mind. A simple MRI will tell you what you need to know. Also blood pressure is all haywire, that's related to vision problems, especially tunnel vision. So is anxiety.
ashthewarrior7
Full Member
 
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:32 am
Likes Received: 75

#5

Postby AnnaK » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:04 pm

CThompson Oh yeah like Picasso! that’s a great way to explain how things looked. I still get moments of it and I’m six and a half months clean. People still don’t believe me and say weed is harmless.
AnnaK
Junior Member
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:26 am
Likes Received: 9

#6

Postby leavepawsbehind » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:57 pm

My vision became intermittently blurry in my right eye starting after I quit smoking. Lasted on and off and was very annoying, I haven't had the blurry vision in months now. I still have a lot of static fuzzy snow in my vision when I'm looking at solid colored surfaces, or when I'm outside there's a ton of sparkles and squiggles and floaters and junk in my vision when looking at the sky when it's bright outside.
leavepawsbehind
Junior Member
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:46 pm
Likes Received: 29

#7

Postby Cthompson21 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:18 pm

Ash. Can you go and just request an MRI for PAWS? Will they need a legitimate reason? I'm in the US and never thought about it. Everytime they check my BP it seems fine. It seems to be diet related. I try to eat healthy but when I dont...WHAM

AnnaK fortunately for me the Picasso effect cleared up. But my vision has never been the same. No, weed is dangerous. You're rolling the dice by trying it. Wish I knew that beforehand but hindsight is 20/20.
Cthompson21
Full Member
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:13 pm
Likes Received: 46

#8

Postby ashthewarrior7 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:11 pm

They usually do it by doctor's orders. If you complain of vision and headaches then insist on a MRI, almost any doctor will agree to get a MRI done.
ashthewarrior7
Full Member
 
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:32 am
Likes Received: 75

#9

Postby mynameismaryjane » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:29 am

I believe the vision issues are a symptom of anxiety. And during paws, your anxiety is off the charts, so it only makes sense. Google anxiety and blurry vision, and that should help understanding.

My first 2 years sober, my vision was absolutely terrible and I felt like I was in a bubble, and sometimes tunnel. Then one eye would clear, and the other would blur. Then the blurriness would switch eyes. It was driving me nuts with aggravation. Also, my depth perception was shot, and I was walking into things. Ugh.

But slowly and surely it renormalized. Unfortunately you just gotta just keep swimming and in due time it’ll lift. Just keep trusting the process and your body will heal.
mynameismaryjane
New Member
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:01 am
Likes Received: 6

#10

Postby leavepawsbehind » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:36 am

mynameismaryjane wrote:I believe the vision issues are a symptom of anxiety. And during paws, your anxiety is off the charts, so it only makes sense. Google anxiety and blurry vision, and that should help understanding.

My first 2 years sober, my vision was absolutely terrible and I felt like I was in a bubble, and sometimes tunnel. Then one eye would clear, and the other would blur. Then the blurriness would switch eyes. It was driving me nuts with aggravation. Also, my depth perception was shot, and I was walking into things. Ugh.

But slowly and surely it renormalized. Unfortunately you just gotta just keep swimming and in due time it’ll lift. Just keep trusting the process and your body will heal.

Did you have visual snow?
leavepawsbehind
Junior Member
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:46 pm
Likes Received: 29

#11

Postby mynameismaryjane » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:20 pm

Yes, I had pretty bad visual snow as well. I would see it mostly in areas of contrast. Such as in the shadows of tree limbs as the light would shine behind it. The trees would be very hazy and grey and I would see static. The snow was also very strong in the haze I would see around every lightbulbs.

I seem to always look to lightbulbs to gauge how my brain is doing for the day. At the beginning of PAWS, I would see halos around all lights. Then it morphed into starbursts around all lights, then later into a hazy static in a fuzzy/static glow. Then eventually it just wore off they looked normal again. This is just my observation, and I’m sure everyone is different.
mynameismaryjane
New Member
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:01 am
Likes Received: 6

#12

Postby leavepawsbehind » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:50 pm

mynameismaryjane wrote:Yes, I had pretty bad visual snow as well. I would see it mostly in areas of contrast. Such as in the shadows of tree limbs as the light would shine behind it. The trees would be very hazy and grey and I would see static. The snow was also very strong in the haze I would see around every lightbulbs.

I seem to always look to lightbulbs to gauge how my brain is doing for the day. At the beginning of PAWS, I would see halos around all lights. Then it morphed into starbursts around all lights, then later into a hazy static in a fuzzy/static glow. Then eventually it just wore off they looked normal again. This is just my observation, and I’m sure everyone is different.


Haha yeah I find myself doing that too. The absolute worst for me is in meetings where I'm facing a person sitting in front of blinds that are closed with slits of light coming through. There's so much noise that I feel disoriented and can't focus my vision. I also look up at the sky or at light sources to see how long the after image remains and if there's a bunch of sparkles and squiggles and dots still flying around in my field of view. Seems to vary in intensity but it's always there.
leavepawsbehind
Junior Member
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:46 pm
Likes Received: 29

#13

Postby Cthompson21 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:50 pm

Maryjane, that is a strange and distressing symptom. I believe too it's all anxiety related too. Mine comes and goes. Sometimes I feel like the world looks like I'm I a movie or a TV show, something is unreal and not completely registering. It comes and goes, but it still hits hard sometimes. I was talking to my grandparents the other day and it felt like I was in a different reality, and everything was fuzzy. Like my brain wasnt processing it all. Later that night at home I was fine. In the beginning of my journey this was 10x worse and accompanied by panic.

How did you manage driving? Glad to hear vision has become more manageable.
Cthompson21
Full Member
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:13 pm
Likes Received: 46

#14

Postby mynameismaryjane » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:31 pm

Cthompson21 wrote:Maryjane, that is a strange and distressing symptom. I believe too it's all anxiety related too. Mine comes and goes. Sometimes I feel like the world looks like I'm I a movie or a TV show, something is unreal and not completely registering. It comes and goes, but it still hits hard sometimes. I was talking to my grandparents the other day and it felt like I was in a different reality, and everything was fuzzy. Like my brain wasnt processing it all. Later that night at home I was fine. In the beginning of my journey this was 10x worse and accompanied by panic.

How did you manage driving? Glad to hear vision has become more manageable.


Oh man, driving was very rough for a little while. I slowed down a ton that’s for sure. And I just paid as much attention as I could and focused on doing a good job driving. My depth perception was the worst part and since my sense of touch was off, I couldn’t feel how well my car was gripping the road under my foot. It was a very scary experience especially while it was raining. But, I had to go to work, and just kept going and tried my best. I never got into an accident, so that’s good. Eventually it subsided, and so haven’t felt disconnected in months.

But, for a long time I felt like I was floating and wasn’t processing anything correctly. This might sound dumb, but....it’s almost like my consciousness was further back in my head than at the front of my face. But slowly you feel your face more and more and your consciousness moves forward. Your depth perception clears and the tunnel vision goes away. Freaky stuff.

It WILL pass!!! Just trust in your body and treat it right.
mynameismaryjane
New Member
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:01 am
Likes Received: 6


Next

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to Addictions