Pins/needles, numb sensations, nerves gone haywire

Postby leavepawsbehind » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:52 pm

I had these symptoms for months at the beginning but the severity declined and they went away for the most part, aside from occasional episodes not lasting longer than an hour or so. A few days ago though, my smallest "pinkie" toe went half-numb and has persisted for several days. It can still feel sensation but it's noticeable muted compared to my other toes. My nerves are feeling extra sensitive all over, and this has me panicking again. I am nearly 20 months sober. Is anyone dealing with nerve stuff like this so far out? I think the nerve issues all over are connected but the pinkie toe just being stuck with half the sensation and no tingling or burning is unlike anything else I have experienced so far in PAWS/withdrawal. I'm losing my mind! Worried that it could be MS, or a back injury (my back feels fine for the most part, though the muscles have felt stiff and sore on and off through PAWS).
leavepawsbehind

Likes Received: 29

Postby ashthewarrior7 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:18 pm

Just cause it's this far out doesn't mean symptoms won't pop up. There was this guy called mikeabbot who had this as his last symptom to deal with. And yes it's your nerves finally healing and re-calibrating, because weed, nicotine, caffeine , dopamine, alcohol all affect your nerves and their receptors. They will adapt to soberity and take the longest to recover. Don't let your hypochondria get to you, think positively.
ashthewarrior7

Likes Received: 75