Dreams

Postby Cthompson21 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:25 pm

I keep having dreams that are unpleasant, grotesque, ominous. It's been about a year and a few months out from smoking and having bad anxiety that has toned down a lot. I have sleeping problems still, mostly my dreams when I sleep are like horror movies without the killing or violence. Something is always ominously bad. I'm always in an abandoned or derelict place and people I see are either suffering or sick or ill, or I am depressed, lost, or feel like something bad is going to happen to me, or that I'm in a place I'm not supposed to be. Last night I dreamed I was walking down a highway at night, trying to find someone I knew, and I ended up walking into a factory that was like a labyrinth full of chipped paint and rooms where I wasnt supposed to be, for example. I've also had dreams where I crash my car. I wish my dreams would be more normal and I have these dreams every night almost. Wonder if anyone had the same experience.
Cthompson21

Likes Received: 58

Postby JimBob8873 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:58 pm

Its been a while since I posted here, just want to say that I too have really weird dreams.

They arent scary anymore but extremely vivid. Its like watching a movie but they dont always make a whole lot of sense.

Have you ever looked up your dreams meaning?
JimBob8873

Likes Received: 8

Postby weedbaddrug » Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:58 am

Can here to check other people's experience about dreams, as I keep having them every few weeks and it's been over 13 months since I quit. Anxiety has reduced way down compared to early on, but still have it.

So the bad dreams must be caused by anxiety. What do you guys think?
weedbaddrug

Likes Received: 3

Postby leavepawsbehind » Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:26 pm

I don't know what causes them. I do know that I had very vivid nightmares for the first 6 months almost every night. I'm 21 months sober now and I seem to dream every night, rarely have nightmares, and sometimes I have vivid dreams, probably once or twice a week at most.
leavepawsbehind

Likes Received: 31

Postby Cthompson21 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:05 pm

Weedbaddrug think its definitely anxiety related. I just had a dream last night where I went to a famous old cartoon exhibit, bringing people along, and when I arrived it was three hundred dollars a person, and everyone was mad at me. Then I drove them somewhere else else to try to make them happy but ended up crashing the car and someone died, and it was my fault. I ended up trying to run away, and someone I knew in high school helped me, and i was so relieved, but he told me that it was too late for me, i was screwed and going to be punished for my actions. It was all so vivid like others have said. I would have nightmares like this before weed withdrawal but now I have them much more frequently now! Sometimes I wake up in the night having them, and then afterwards my anxiety is elevated for a few hours. So definitely related I think.
Cthompson21

Likes Received: 58

Postby SparkleFly12 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:18 am

When I was in the peak of PAWS, this was common for me as well. In fact I had a lot of similar motifs in my dreams...looking for people I know with the hopelessness of knowing I wont find them; being in and around abandoned factories that have shady sh** going on; trying to avoid someone that I dont know, but I know that they are evil like the devil...

Over time those became more into action dreams, I was doing similar things but there was not that ominous feeling like something bad is definitely going to happen; more like something bad may happen.

And over time, even those went away and my dreams normalized. I noticed that the dreams normalized sometime around when my sleep returned to normal; not sure if they are related though.
SparkleFly12

Likes Received: 30

Return to Addictions