Depression strategy that works

Postby Icanbeatthis » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:27 am

My latest experiment totally works. I wondered if the quality of my life improved what effect it would have on my depression. I have improved my diet, entertainment, exercise, hobbies and projects, finances, my knowledge, appearance, appearance of my place, clothing. It all takes effort time and money. The reason it works extra well is because I'm focused on depression much less. If you can't fix the bad things creating good things takes a good amount of the power and effect away from the bad stuff. Don't make commitments just do what you can when you have the strength. For the first time in 18 years my life has enough enjoyment to be glad to be alive. Not a cure but is there 1 anyway? Of course not we or we would all be well!!
Icanbeatthis

Postby KenEmpowered » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:24 am

Late to the party, but depression often is a consequence or direct result as a lack of stimulation/dopamine. Do small things that give you positive feedback or result, and celebrate it. It will snowball and help you fight your depression.

Self-care works. Socialize (just small talk with one stranger), exercise, eating right, looking at the sun, choosing 3 things to be grateful for each day - all of these are great starts.

Good work buddy and hope you're still keeping up with it.
KenEmpowered

Likes Received: 1