2 years PAWS!

Postby Robb1e_g » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:16 pm

What’s going on guys, I’m just about to be 2 years clean In about 4 days!

I had something scary happen to me yesterday maybe a cause of a wave of paws after about 3 months...

This could be due to the bad trip I had 2 years ago when I quit ( I feel like I developed a slight form of ptsd from that nig hey possibly because even talking about still can bring me to a panic sometimes) but regardless I could still be going through withdrawal,

I had a great day waking up yesterday and then I drank a very very caffeinated drink and it set me into a panic state for around 12 hours and then I felt emotionally drained and maybe like sad and depressed after and it was awful; felt like how I felt near the beginning of withdrawal but maybe not as bad

Any suggestions on what could be happening? I’m hoping it’s just the process of healing still and it is around the time it all happened, also it’s basically winter over here now so maybe the seasons? Also stress with my new relationship after being single for four years could have assisted in this

All I know is I am better today just sort of recovering from that episode
Robb1e_g

Likes Received: 45

Postby Cthompson21 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:45 pm

Congrats on two years!!! That is something to celebrate.

I have a similar issue, I think PAWS or post PAWS brain is jus t more sensitive. I cant even have a decaf coffee because it makes me depressed from the little bit of caffeine in it. I tried a glass of wine the other weekend and that set me off as well, panic as soon as the alcohol left my system. Just have to be careful what you consume, caffeine I will give you anxiety. If you can handle a little caffeine stick to tea or soda. But I'd stay away from coffee and energy drinks, they can really bring on panic. Congrats again :)
Cthompson21

Likes Received: 49

Postby Robb1e_g » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:12 pm

Thanks CThompson I appreciate the kind words man. I am very happy I made it through two years, I found that a lot of the panic was due to this new relationship I’m in which I’m trying to work out, it’s definitely hard to be as socially friendly as I used to be but it’s a work in progress, I’m seeing if we can work things out after a talk we had and it did make me feel a lot better, just get anxiety from it that’s all, also that extra cafiinated drink really did set me off. I actually was able to get to the point where I can drink on the weekends and use slight ore workout before the gym without any big issues, sometimes alcohol will affect me, but as long as I’m in a good mind set and I don’t overdo it alcohol is fine for me. I just think after my whole quit with weed I don’t like any drugs or alcohol, I’m completely content staying away from them and I’m very happy without it
Robb1e_g

Postby SparkleFly12 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:12 am

Congrats @Robb1e_g! 2 years is great and I hope you have a relatively PAWS-free life now!

I dont find that I am triggered by alcohol much. I do drink socially now; and I dont notice any change in my PAWS symptoms based on drinking. The last time I got drunk was a month and a half ago; I got a massive migrane (not a hangover, possibly related to other things) that lasted a full day but didnt get any change in PAWS symptoms.

But, I did try Kratom (another "safe" drug just like weed) a couple weeks ago; took too much; and got a really bad PAWS wave after it. So I wouldnt be surprised if some drugs do trigger paws waves.

I think the key for the recovering brain is to not overdo anything; or it will trigger a bad PAWS wave. As you mentioned though; Im waay less prone to smoking, drinking, or using any drugs now; although I think for me I think its related to situational changes.
SparkleFly12

Likes Received: 23

Postby Robb1e_g » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:28 am

Thanks SparkleFly I appreciate the kind words! I have been living a relatively PAWS free life, of course except for the last week and a half or so, again hopefully just a wave and a combo of situational changes. Yes the anxiety is quite bad but nothing I haven’t gotten through before of course. So I am stronger in being able to be calm through it, still sometimes can get to me. I believe at this point on recovery from dreadful PAWS, it’s just me adjusting to life again, working in my self confidence, and still trying to really find myself. But of course it’s expected to have these issues, and I can see that the oreworkout I’m taking before workouts lately has had a big effect on anxiety, but I will continue to work on this and my new relationship and see how it goes, just trusting God because he’s already gotten me through the worst of it and I didn’t think I would so I am very grateful! Still so happy I was able to basically live about 3 months PAWS free which is an awesome accomplishment. Maybe I fell off of a good habit I had going in the summer and stresses and some partying with alcohol and other stresses around this time of the year (tomorrow officially marks my two years; the day I quit weed after having a bad trip on trying lsd one time) probably is the cause of all of this anxiety and confusion
Robb1e_g

Return to Addictions