Quit Weed in May 2018 and my anxiety story since

Postby surfermatt » Mon May 18, 2020 3:13 pm

Thanks for your reply Syncmaster. I totally agree with your assessment, in fact, I had come to that conclusion. The reality is that smoking weed for me over time makes me anxious and that anxiety starts to manifest itself physically. When I stop, the symptoms get worse for a time before they taper off over several weeks. So I have decided to accept that if I choose to smoke, I am going to have to live with the results of that...or I can choose to never smoke again. It does make me feel better knowing that I have the power to choose. Thank you for your lengthy reply, it's great that you support people on here with your experience.
surfermatt

Likes Received: 3

Postby SparkleFly12 » Tue May 19, 2020 2:15 pm

Yep, weed is tricky like that. It certainly helps with certain symptoms in the short term, like anxiety or sleep issues. And it does a great job at them.

But use it for a few weeks/months, and it stops working.

Then quit the weed, and the problem gets WAY worse; you develop PAWS. Your first thought is always "I need to go back to the weed" - but of course, that only makes things moderately better. The only way is to suffer through PAWS and see it through to the end.

I certainly fell intl that feedback loop many times; thinking weed was helping with my medical ailments (poor sleep mostly). But over time it just made it a lot worse.
SparkleFly12

Likes Received: 36

Previous