Is PAWS permanent for long term users?

Postby Eroica » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:56 am

Hi im 37 years old and im 6 months clean from weed. I first started smoking when i was 18. Then i gradually increased my usage until i was smoking every day multiple times a day for 10 to 12 years.

Even though ive been clean for this long, im still really struggling. Is this normal? Have any of you smoked daily for over a decade and now feeling normal after being clean for a while? Thanks. By the way I dont drink or do any other drugs except for green tea and 8 pieces of nicotine gum a day. Im also not on any medication.
Eroica

Likes Received: 1

Postby tokeless » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:03 am

Hi,
There's literally tons of PAWS threads to choose from on here. My own experience after 35 years of daily use was a week of night sweats, then nothing. Many others have been to hell and some remain there. I've seen posts that link just about everything to PAWS so my advice is just stay stopped, things will improve but your mind is a powerful thing and if you think it, belueve it then that's what you'll get.
Best wishes
tokeless

Likes Received: 244

Postby biohack9 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:23 pm

tokeless wrote:Hi,
There's literally tons of PAWS threads to choose from on here. My own experience after 35 years of daily use was a week of night sweats, then nothing. Many others have been to hell and some remain there. I've seen posts that link just about everything to PAWS so my advice is just stay stopped, things will improve but your mind is a powerful thing and if you think it, belueve it then that's what you'll get.
Best wishes

This. Big time. Not to discount PAWS, but it's very easy to pick out the hypochondriacs on this forum who think about nothing else.
biohack9

Likes Received: 4

Postby Eroica » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:44 pm

Excuse me? Just because you happened ro heal quickly doesnt mean other people are arent dealing with physical symptoms or thats its "hypochondria". Quit the biological chauvinism thanks.
Eroica

Postby HopefulMe » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:22 pm

Eroica wrote:Excuse me? Just because you happened ro heal quickly doesnt mean other people are arent dealing with physical symptoms or thats its "hypochondria". Quit the biological chauvinism thanks.

Yeeeah you will see these two and others like them on here saying sh*t like this. Unfortunately not everyone has a life and they like to look for forums like these and I'm pretty sure others where they just like to pretty much troll. Just skip over them and/or avoid any posts they make completely. It will save you a headache and what we are going through is stressful enough that we dont need to borrow more. Just remember you will make it through. Just have to give it time. Unfortunately there isnt an easy cure or anything like that. It's just time and patience. Try and live your life while you recover. On your ok days dont over do it and on your bad days rest and take it easy. Help find ways to cope with this. Everyone is different so different things work for different people ok. You're going to be ok. Take care of yourself and vent when you need to. That's the point of these forums for support so talk to those who support you and to hell with the trolls ok.
HopefulMe

Likes Received: 5

Postby tokeless » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:29 pm

HopefulMe wrote:
Eroica wrote:Excuse me? Just because you happened ro heal quickly doesnt mean other people are arent dealing with physical symptoms or thats its "hypochondria". Quit the biological chauvinism thanks.

Yeeeah you will see these two and others like them on here saying sh*t like this. Unfortunately not everyone has a life and they like to look for forums like these and I'm pretty sure others where they just like to pretty much troll. Just skip over them and/or avoid any posts they make completely. It will save you a headache and what we are going through is stressful enough that we dont need to borrow more. Just remember you will make it through. Just have to give it time. Unfortunately there isnt an easy cure or anything like that. It's just time and patience. Try and live your life while you recover. On your ok days dont over do it and on your bad days rest and take it easy. Help find ways to cope with this. Everyone is different so different things work for different people ok. You're going to be ok. Take care of yourself and vent when you need to. That's the point of these forums for support so talk to those who support you and to hell with the trolls ok.

Excuse me? Show me where I've trolled anyone.. My experience is just that and I state that. What makes your opinion more valid than anyone else's? Advising anyone to "avoid these two" suggests you are the troll. Stop being a victim and promoting your suffering as the way it is. So, unless you back up your accusation I'd suggest keeping your head down and let others decide what to read and not.
tokeless

Postby tokeless » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:30 pm

Have any of you smoked daily for over a decade and now feeling normal after being clean for a while? Thanks.

That was you asking that wasn't it? Just checking.
tokeless

Postby Eroica » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:24 pm

I was responding to biohacks post.

Anyway i try to stay busy and not think about it..but the depression is really debilitating sometimes. I also feel very flat and have trouble communicating, like a part of my brain is missing.

My anxiety has improved a lot when im resting. But in stressful situations i just want to run away.

Anytime somebody brings up pot or its in a news headline or i drive past a former dealers house i get overwhelmed with cravings. But usually there is a trigger behind it.

Im still getting really headaches and muscle tension. I really hate how much ibuprofen ive had to take since i quit.
Eroica

Postby biohack9 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:16 pm

Who said I was talking about you? Bit defensive don't you think? I was agreeing with Tokeless and I'm presently going through PAWS as well, I just think you're too damn lazy to even do a search of something that has been discussed ad nauseum on this forum and others. Do you feel so entitled in all other aspects of your life?

tokeless wrote:Excuse me? Show me where I've trolled anyone.. My experience is just that and I state that. What makes your opinion more valid than anyone else's? Advising anyone to "avoid these two" suggests you are the troll. Stop being a victim and promoting your suffering as the way it is. So, unless you back up your accusation I'd suggest keeping your head down and let others decide what to read and not.

He is a troll. Sometimes the truth hurts their little confirmation bias and echo chamber and they can't accept that other things could be causing their "symptoms" other than PAWS. You nailed it with "stop being a victim and promoting your suffering as the way it is". We live in a society of entitlement and me, me, me! Can't even do basic searching, as if nobody has gone past the 6 month mark lol

Eroica wrote:I was responding to biohacks post.
I also feel very flat and have trouble communicating, like a part of my brain is missing.

Yeah you sure got that part right!
biohack9

Likes Received: 4

Postby tokeless » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:12 pm

My anxiety has improved a lot when im resting. But in stressful situations i just want to run away

Hi again,
This is probably because you used weed to stress manage your life, which is very typical with any chosen substance. It's part of the relearning process and I guess you have to work through it. Many relapse at this point because they still believe the substance helps, when we know it just distracts or blocks the moment. Just remember, a spliff never solved a problem, you did and can. I didn't struggle because I didn't want to smoke anymore, I was truly done. I also told myself I could choose to if I wanted to but chose not to. Smoking is your choice, simple as that. Declaring yourself an addict let's you rationalise your powerlessness because an addict can't help it can they? Yeah, you can because you're not an addict really, just emotionally dependent, hence the craving when stressed. As I said, the mind is the most powerful thing you have... The battles lie there. Win those by choosing to not smoke, the rest is just time.
Best wishes
tokeless

Postby Heretohelp333 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:36 am

It’s very normal to have paws for up to 2 years. Most should go away by the 1 year mark. If you want to speed up your recovery I recommend 30 min exercise 4x/wk, 8hr sleep min, and a healthy diet. Congrats on making it this far!
Heretohelp333

Likes Received: 3