Legalization and relapse

Postby BCBUDFREE » Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:36 am

I quit smoking for years. Then it was legalized here in BC. Now you can buy bud on every corner. Time to quit again
BCBUDFREE

Likes Received: 27

Postby Eroica » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:09 am

It’s not legal here where I live but one day it might be and then I’m scared I won’t be able to resist it. But part of me thinks that’s just an excuse because the criminality of it never stopped me and I could get it any time I want. Good luck and I hope you’re successful this attempt.
Eroica

Likes Received: 7

Postby biohack9 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:29 pm

BCBUDFREE wrote:I quit smoking for years. Then it was legalized here in BC. Now you can buy bud on every corner. Time to quit again

Wow! I remember following your journey! When did you relapse? How much have you been using? Did you end up quitting drinking?
biohack9

Likes Received: 9

Postby GalmOne » Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:31 pm

But then, alcohol is legal, tobacco is legal, and people get addicted to it and sometimes can get out of this addiction.
A big argument in stopping marijuana is the fact that it's illegal and can be harmful for you later in life, do you think it could be worth trying to contact alcohol/tobacco addiction-related groups? They may know a thing or two about stopping being addicted to things that are available at every corner.
GalmOne

Likes Received: 0

Postby iamrising » Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:45 pm

BCBUDFREE wrote:I quit smoking for years. Then it was legalized here in BC. Now you can buy bud on every corner. Time to quit again

(new to the forum so hope i'm posting correctly.)

i live in California and can COMPLETELY relate. it's like legalization has removed that one additional boundary that kept me from accessing it. and the weed shops are like candy stores. in the grand scheme of things, i support legalization. i just wish it was accompanied by more social consciousness around the dangers of the drug.

good luck in your journey.
iamrising

Likes Received: 9

Postby tokeless » Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:33 pm

iamrising wrote:

(new to the forum so hope i'm posting correctly.)

i live in California and can COMPLETELY relate. it's like legalization has removed that one additional boundary that kept me from accessing it. and the weed shops are like candy stores. in the grand scheme of things, i support legalization. i just wish it was accompanied by more social consciousness around the dangers of the drug.

good luck in your journey.

I doubt weed was legalised for social consciousness reasons. Money made the decision and the more hooked the more you make.
tokeless

Likes Received: 275

Postby BCBUDFREE » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:43 am

Thanks for your replies!!!

It is scary that so many here have trouble with weed addiction and every day new stores are showing up. I went for a drive up the coast today and spotted at least 6 cannabis stores. One sign said beer... wine... cannabis! A freekin one stop , screw up your sh** , shop!!!

I need to be a role model for my young boys.

I think the answer for me is simple... remember why you are doing this. Realize that i can’t do casual. Work on self discipline. Repeat.
I also have set some big goals for 2020. These goals, especially finishing my pilots licence, require me to be super sharp. I stopped taking flying lessons pretty much the day weed was legalized here in Canada.

Happy new year to all of you and i hope 2020 brings clarity and success.
Ps. Started using habitbull app again. Seemed to help
In the past.

1 week no weed right now. I need to do better. Drinking is under control but i have a few beers now and then
BCBUDFREE

Likes Received: 27

Postby HDog455 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:17 pm

I agree in that I find the prospect of legalisation somewhat scary. One of the main reasons I quit 12 years ago was that the government had just introduced random roadside drug testing. I was petrified that I would be busted and then probably lose my job if my employer found out about it.

Now that pot has been legalised in one state of Australia it's likely that the other states will follow suit in due course. They haven't gone as far as granting licenses to business owners who want to establish retail outlets but that's probably only a matter of time. As previously suggested, tax revenue is an irresistible thing for governments - they have an insatiable appetite for it and don't always let sense or morals get in the way.

I know that I can't go back to smoking pot because of how chronic my habit was. If I could have restricted myself to smoking only occasionally or just on weekends like a few people that I know, then I would probably still be using to this day.
HDog455
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 91

Return to Addictions