Back again!!

Postby skylark1974 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:45 pm

Hello everyone.
I first visited this site back in 2011 i think when i decided to stop smoking weed.
I was a chronic smoker and was totally under it's spell. I posted many times and received great feedback which helped me quit a long habit.
i quit for about 4 years then started smoking again as the urge just got the better of me.
I have never regretted starting again and have managed to just smoke one spliff a day for the last few years and enjoyed doing this with no bad effect on my mind and body.
Now though i am forced to quit again due to random drug testing at work. i new nothing about this or chose to ignore and blank it out, but someone at another site has just been fired for failing a drug test. He smoked weed and has lost his job over this. I have read the company policy that states 5% of all employees nationally will be tested over a 12 month period. This has scared the sh** out of me as i have a family and everything else like most people.
I smoked my last one two days ago and hope if tested in the near future i will pass the test and keep my job.
to be honest i have started applying for other work away from this controlling company as i don't like them doing this to my life out of work. i have a terrible headache and my arthritis is seriously hurting me so quickly it's scary.
Like i wrote earlier, this site and the people using it really helped me before and hopefully i helped other also who were facing the same challenges as me.
Looks like i'm back for a while again and how long for i'm not sure.
i can smell tobacco smoke now as i'm typing this and nobody smokes it in my house, how strange the mind works as i gave that up 7 years ago. feel i'm visiting old ground here. :D
Anyone been thru similar ??
skylark1974
Preferred Member

Likes Received: 1

Postby SparkleFly12 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:32 am

Definitely been on that drig testing train before. Sucks. Ive got friends who do get random testing like that, anf its happenrd to them. Deff not worth risking your job for weed.

Exercise a lot and drink a lot of water, thats the only way to get your blood clean faster. You can vbuy thc urine test kits online for cheapto test yourself.

Im curious, did you experience paws or other negative symptoms when you quit last time? How about this time?
SparkleFly12

Likes Received: 24

Postby skylark1974 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:14 pm

Hi Sparklefly12,.

Im curious, did you experience paws or other negative symptoms when you quit last time? How about this time?[/quote]

Yes the first time i quit in 2011 i went through hell. the first few days I was climbing the walls but got over that by going for long walks. over time it got easier but everyday for four years I really missed it. I originally quit because I was spending sh** loads of money on it and it ruled everything I did. My life revolved around my next deal and would get extremely anxious when I was running out of it. This forum was a massive help and was the reason I succeeded at the time.
I can only describe the withdrawals as hell it was that bad. I have only been not smoking a few days now and it's nothing like it was before. I honestly never thought about quitting again but like you say its not worth losing my job over. I want to smoke and that is the difference this time and I want a different job now, one that doesn't control my life out of work. I believe I was doing good at moderating my intake of the weed and then this happened at work. sad really but I know when I get another job ( when been the thing here) I will start again.
skylark1974
Preferred Member

Postby SparkleFly12 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:32 am

Yeah, I feel you. I do feel like I will possibly give weed a try again once I am feeling better, but not overuse it. If I end up with Paws again...idk thats the risk I take. And Ill probably quit for good then. What I dont know - and you will probably be able to answer soon:. Is paws the same the second time around, if you were smoking less? Or are our brains damaged goods, and will go through hell regardless of how much we smoked, since weve already been there before?

I do know, from the last few times Ive quit (for a few months). It seems to me that the more you smoke, the worse paws is. But ive only ever increased the amount I smoked, never went from smoking a lot, quitting, then smoking a little and quitting again.

I used to smoke a small bowl a night, when Id go on vacation for 2 weeks Id get mild insomnia and a mild headache that seemed to get better over 2 weeks.

Then I smoked a lot more, maybe a gram or 2 a day. I got insomnia pretty bad, and anxiety and I think depression. And a mjld headache. Lasted a 6+ weeks and I was doing a lit better but started again before I was fully better.

Then I started using concentrate carts...that was the worst decision ever. Went through hell when I stopped. Im 9 months clean and still have symptoms. Ive smoked a small amount on 3 occasions the past 5 months, and two of them my symptoms seemed to get worse exactly 2 days after smoking. Do I am definitely refraining from smoking at all until I feel completely better. Also my company is about to be sold anyway, and I who knows the new people may require drug testing (it would make my company valueless though, so I doubt it...)

Im really curious to hear how intense your withdrawal is this time. Since you smoked a lot less now, will the symptoms be worse? Or, are our brains permanently "damaged" now that weve been off the deep end; and will we have to go through hell even from light smoking?

Hope you dont go through hell again, amigo.

-sparkle
SparkleFly12

Likes Received: 24

Postby skylark1974 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:37 pm

I slipped up at the weekend and smoked a small amount and then was waking up during the night worried about work and not passing a test if chosen. Had none the last three days but have a small amount still left over.
Had some really vivid dreams last night involving bags of weed and was woken by my alarm in a really deep sleep. This never happens before. I'm generally feeling ok with just headache but craving really bad for a smoke. Hate this a really do.
Problem is I like where I work and comfortable there. its the company I work for who do the tests not the site where I'm based. Hope your doing good. Skylark
skylark1974
Preferred Member