Hynotherapy session gone wrong, in need of help!

Postby Realisingmygoals » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:18 pm

Hi guys,

I need some help on how to reverse this process. because its really messing with me, i tried to keep it short for eazy reading apologies for it still being a bit long.

I went to a hypnotherapist and did a timeline process under hypnosis. I needed to select a feeling, However the feeling i used wasnt a good one. at the end of this post Below i explain the exact process i did.

i told the hypnotherapist i didnt want to use past memories out of childhood etc - cuz its all kind of dodgy back there - i only wanted to use with new states or maybe from much later periods in my life - but i allowed myself to get talked into it.

What am i experiencing?
For the past one and a half week i feel like im being filled with this state starting at the back of my leg and t then begins to fill up my entire body taking it over. its feels like that timeline its continously inserting energy/state into me i feel it flowing into me
it feels very unpleasant and its very intrusive and i cant do anything to stop it -

i started feeling sick when it started doing it again. and feeling really bad
and ive been getting abnormally cold energy in my spine and footsoles getting really abnormal cold sensations

in the beginning it was he entire day i felt it pumping energy into me
now its starting to diminish howver
my body responds really bad to it and im afraid ive imprinted some kind of sickness or malfuncitoning

Also i feel like i have a direct stream of the past rightinto me - periods of my past i havent tought about in over 10 years have come rushing back, including feelings and experiencesi dont want. i think these may be asociated with the state or the period

i went back to the hypnotherapist who first argued that it wasnt possible
he did ideomotor signals witch didnt work
and under hypnosis told me to start at the end of the timeline and floatbackwards over it allowing my uncosncious to change what needed to change. This didnt work either

At home a couple hours later it already started pumping energy into me again ( it does it with intervalls now)

Now im thinking - dthe process i did of moving backwards s over the timeline like i did, doesnt it only work if you elicit the sametime line as lasttime - that has that colour on it and asociated with the state i dont want? and then move back over that? because that didnt happen it felt like a new timeline and the feeling didnt come up so from a collapsing anchors standpoint it definatly didnt do that. and she didnt give any suggestions of seeing that colour and that state and undoing it. just said let the unconscious shine light on it and change what it needs to change.
Now the original timeline process i did - was a very intense experience i went all out - i really lighted up it took a really long time and i created very powerfull states and experience doing it

the floating backwards on the timeline was a really dull experience that seem to take like 5 minutes


im gonna see another hypnotherapist to help me but id like to know what are the best ways to deal with it?- so i can select for that since the quality really varies ive discovered and i can bring up what id like to do and see what he thinks of that

My questions
- How can i best reverse this what can i do?
-Are there things i can do myself to further the process?
Some toughts i had

I was thinking maybe creating a couple of very powerfull positve states and then go back to moment of birth re-imprint the timeline with all those states - with suggestions of neutralising it so that those states get pumnped into me - and thattimeline gets cleaned up so to speak

MAybe collapsing anchors?

-can this leave permanent damage?

- i really feel very bad

I dont really know what to do
thanks in advance for responding below is the process i did.



-i needed to select a memory where im as young as possible neutral or positive and a recent memory of the last 48 hours

-i needed to asociate in the young memory amplify the feeling

-i was then asked for my unconscious to be transported to the beginning of my life in the womb / beginnnig of my timeline
taking with me that feeling,

-thetime line had tiles on it that represented all of my life experiences
there was explained as i stepped on the timeline - the tiles will began to light up enfusing itself with that feeling and lighting up turning into the coulour asociated with that feeling

id start running over it faster and faster and as i stepped on eachtile fireworks would go off and the tiles would light up and enfuse with the feelign and the colour asociated with it
untill i got into the present,

- i would then move past that moment and return to beginning of my timeline and repeat the process - only now i could step into a huge locomotive train or truck and drive over it cleaning up any and all junk etc making it more intenser and intenser
tv words n even marketing texts starting to have the effect they intend ot have because very succesptiable to the suggesitons
To the extent that it feels like it's working and you're seeing verifiable improvements, keep on doin' what you're doin'.
Realisingmygoals
New Member
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:33 pm
Likes Received: 0


#1

Postby Realisingmygoals » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:42 am

seriously no hypnotherapists around?
Realisingmygoals
New Member
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:33 pm
Likes Received: 0

#2

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:38 pm

You do not need any more exposure to hypnotherapy.

Find alternative paths.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 11027
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:25 am
Likes Received: 1153

#3

Postby Realisingmygoals » Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:05 pm

what makes you say that? the process just went wrong

cant blame the hypnotherapist for that

And hypnotherapy can best undo it

are you anti hypnotherapy? im asking cuz my impression is that you dislike hypnotherapy
and promote cbt in place of it everywhere you can

my impression anway..
Realisingmygoals
New Member
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:33 pm
Likes Received: 0

#4

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:30 pm

Realisingmygoals wrote:what makes you say that? the process just went wrong

cant blame the hypnotherapist for that


Then what or whom do you blame?

The hypnotherapist has at least some responsibility in the process, right? And you have some responsibility, right? And then there are factors neither of you could foresee or control, right?

And hypnotherapy can best undo it


That is an assumption.

You have no idea that it is the best way to undo it. It is your best guess.

I'm suggesting you look outside of hypnotherapy.

are you anti hypnotherapy?


I'm not anti hypnotherapy.

I'm also not anti voodoo, NLP, prayer, positive psychology, mindfulness, shamanism, or any other form of mind-based intervention.

As a mind-based intervention, each technique or method has it's own specific and/or limited application.

Hypnotherapy has found some application in reducing stress, anxiety, and helping with sleep disorders. But, the benefits have not been found to be superior to other forms.

and promote cbt in place of it everywhere you can


Because cbt has similarities to my specialty in education, I do prefer cbt to other mind-based interventions. The behavioral component that other mind-based interventions lack is important.

My suggestion to try methods other than hypnotherapy is because your initial post seems fixated on it as the only potential solution.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 11027
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:25 am
Likes Received: 1153

#5

Postby moonlightress » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:26 am

Realisingmygoals,

FYI, Richard is not a hypnotherapist, or any other kind of hypnotist.
moonlightress
Full Member
 
Posts: 166
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:03 am
Likes Received: 12

#6

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:17 pm

Realisingmygoals,

I’m also not an astrologer, voodoo practitioner, preacher/priest, medical doctor, clinical psychologist, NLP coach, shaman, mindfulness coach, acupuncturist, or holistic healer.

I recommend you explore alternatives to treat your issue.

Try to avoid becoming a narrow minded slave to one form of mind-based intervention.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 11027
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:25 am
Likes Received: 1153

#7

Postby Realisingmygoals » Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:03 am

[*******Then what or whom do you blame?

The hypnotherapist has at least some responsibility in the process, right? And you have some responsibility, right? And then there are factors neither of you could foresee or control, right?**********

yeah i agree

***********That is an assumption.

You have no idea that it is the best way to undo it. It is your best guess.

I'm suggesting you look outside of hypnotherapy. ****************

im fairly certain hypnotherapy ad nlp have good techniques for dealing with wrongly conditioned in emotional states and simmilar things. that i described above,

definatly has better tools for it then cbt.
More importantly having executed a technique wrong, is not a reason to abandon it and look elsewhere. it just shows to be carefull when working powerfull processes

m not anti hypnotherapy.

As a mind-based intervention, each technique or method has it's own specific and/or limited application.


yup agree, however you do seem (to me) to have a low opinion of it

Hypnotherapy has found some application in reducing stress, anxiety, and helping with sleep disorders. But, the benefits have not been found to be superior to other form
[/quote]


I believe its also shown to have high improvement with symptoms of ibs. and correct me if im wrong with much better results then other treatments

ive found it to be very powerfull in some other areas as well.
Realisingmygoals
New Member
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:33 pm
Likes Received: 0

#8

Postby Realisingmygoals » Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:10 am

moonlightress wrote:Realisingmygoals,

FYI, Richard is not a hypnotherapist, or any other kind of hypnotist.



Hi moonlightress, yeah i didnt think he was.
Realisingmygoals
New Member
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:33 pm
Likes Received: 0

#9

Postby Realisingmygoals » Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:14 am

Richard@DecisionSkills wrote:Realisingmygoals,

I’m also not an astrologer, voodoo practitioner, preacher/priest, medical doctor, clinical psychologist, NLP coach, shaman, mindfulness coach, acupuncturist, or holistic healer.

I recommend you explore alternatives to treat your issue..


Yup, and its noted thanks for your responce. However I do think hypnotherapy is well equiped to deal with this specific issue, Though i am open to recommendations on any specifc alternative intervention to deal with this should you have any?


I Try to avoid becoming a narrow minded slave to one form of mind-based intervention.


yeah i agree, thats never a good idea
Realisingmygoals
New Member
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:33 pm
Likes Received: 0

#10

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:42 am

Realisingmygoals wrote:However I do think hypnotherapy is well equiped to deal with this specific issue,


Cool. Well, more power too you.

Come back and tell us how everything works out.

If I happen to come across anything that shouts “better alternative than hypnotherapy” I will let you know.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 11027
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:25 am
Likes Received: 1153

#11

Postby Candid » Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:36 am

Realisingmygoals wrote:I do think hypnotherapy is well equiped to deal with this specific issue,


So.... hynotherapy makes your troubles worse, and your best idea is to have more hypnotherapy? :?

I'm not a hypnotherapist, either. Nor would I hand anyone else the responsibility for what I choose to have in my head.

Though i am open to recommendations on any specifc alternative intervention to deal with this


I suggest you stop thinking you need outside intervention and start trusting yourself. Your OP shows you have a great imagination. You can imagine you're the trouble-free successful and happy person you'd like to be, and take it from there.

That's all the best hypnotherapist alive could do for you, anyway.
Candid
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 9090
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:00 am
Likes Received: 443

#12

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:58 am

@Realisingmygoals

This is worth repeating...

Candid wrote:So.... hynotherapy makes your troubles worse, and your best idea is to have more hypnotherapy? :?


It’s not that hypnotherapy is necessarily worse, better, or best in comparison to alternatives. It is that the logic of using the same thing that caused the problem is counter intuitive.

But I get that you are already heavily invested in the idea of hypnotherapy. So you will pursue and pay and spend more time doubling down on the same path that caused the problem in the first place.

Fair enough. I wish you luck.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 11027
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:25 am
Likes Received: 1153

#13

Postby jimmyh » Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:30 pm

Realising,

I'm sorry that you had a bad experience with a hypnotist and that you now have to deal with this sh**. A competent hypnotist can definitely help you with this, although as you've seen, competence is not trivial to ensure and not every apple out there is a good one. The best simple advice I can give is to trust your sense of "this person isn't on the right track", as it is a likely possibility and not one to doubt much. In particular, inability to subsume your experience and framing into a more inclusive and helpful framing is a bad sign. If they try to push you to do things a certain way or try to deny the possibility of experiencing what you're experiencing, that resistance you feel to things like this is good and should be welcomed on both sides.

The good news is that when some idiot hypnotist instills some unwanted response, the response will tend to fade away on its own if it's not reinforced as your brain relearns not do do it. It seems that you've experienced this somewhat, but that you also feel like it might be something bigger which needs to be addressed, and this draws your attention back to the symptoms and keeps them around. It's up to you to decide whether or not it feels like it's actually important, and it will likely tend to fade away fairly quickly if you start to feel like it's not a big deal after all.

If it feels like there's something there you want to address, you might want to open up your search to include other modalities of therapy as well. Hypnotherapists will have the advantage of being more familiar with the types of thing you're experiencing and having a more "direct" way out, as well as being practiced in a modality of therapy that you already have experience with and clearly know how to use to bring about change. However, these obstacles are not insurmountable to a capable therapist of other flavors, and there can be some advantages to the additional perspectives brought along by other modalities. The default starting point is the "Dodo bird verdict", which is that modality doesn't really matter (with some exceptions for particular types of issue) and that it's all about competency of the practitioner. Broadening your search just makes it a bit easier to find someone competent, regardless of what aspects they focus on.

So.... hynotherapy makes your troubles worse, and your best idea is to have more hypnotherapy? :?

I'm not a hypnotherapist, either. Nor would I hand anyone else the responsibility for what I choose to have in my head.


Candid,

With all due respect, if one instance makes a pattern to you, perhaps you would be better off if you did.

P.S. As a little fun fact, not only is it common practice to fight fire with fire, even nuclear bombs have been used (successfully) to put out fires.
jimmyh
Preferred Member
 
Posts: 516
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:17 pm
Likes Received: 24

#14

Postby Candid » Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:41 pm

jimmyh wrote:The best simple advice I can give is to trust your sense of "this person isn't on the right track", as it is a likely possibility and not one to doubt much.


Exactly. And when even supporters of hypnosis say "this person isn't on the right track" is "a likely possibility", hypnotists are clearly best stayed away from.
Candid
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 9090
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:00 am
Likes Received: 443


Next

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to Hypnosis