16 months clean of weeds

Postby klim » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:47 am

Hello!
Before that, I smoked every day 2 years.
The first 6 months without weeds were just hell. I thought I was going crazy. I slept badly. I had no appetite. Depression and dereal did not leave me. I also had a tinnitus. And I had a squeeze in my forehead. I was very anxious.
Then I noticed that my conditions pass in waves. There are bad days, there are good days.
After a year, I did not experience dereal. My anxiety is gone. Tinnitus has passed. But my depression did not go away. I turned to doctors for help.
For 4 months now I have been taking 10 mg of cipralex. But with the pills I also have paws. They come in waves.
For the last 7 days I have been feeling paws. I have no appetite. I feel depressed. There is no interest in life. No enthusiasm. Nothing pleases. There is no energy.
I know this should end. But it’s still hard for me to put up.
I want to hear words of support. I want to get hope.
I want to hear opinions about antidepressants. With pills, I also have paws.
Sorry. English is not my native language.
klim

Likes Received: 0

Postby klim » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:05 pm

I noticed that any activity helps to survive paws. But at these moments it’s hard to put yourself into action. It is also important to find people who can provide support during paws.
After 7 days of paws - I observe a slight emotional and energetic recovery.
I will write about my condition. if anyone is interested?
klim

Postby Eroica » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:50 pm

Has your depression been improving at all? PAWS can last up to two or three years.
Eroica

Likes Received: 7

Postby klim » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:40 pm

My depression improved a bit. She comes in waves. There are days when I don’t think about it and everything is fine.
klim

Postby klim » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:54 am

morning is the hardest time.
klim

Postby klim » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:37 am

depression is still with me. Maybe someone will tell about their experience. how long did this condition last?
klim

Postby BullFrog » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:02 pm

Hello Klim, sorry to hear about your struggle. As for myself, I thankfully never suffered from depression via PAWS but I also didn't have the long history with cannabis that you did. Having said that, it's just so hard to answer your question with a specific time. On this forum there have been people who suffered with PAWS anywhere from 6 months to a little over 3 years. Neuroplasticity and it's relation to the brain recovering from addictions (or any real trauma to the brain) is medically documented as a 2-5 year range.

But what I have noticed from the many posts I have read over the last two years are as follows:

1) PAWS eventually comes in waves. They can be days, weeks, or even months worth of misery
2) Exercise and good nutrition are non-negotiable. Do them frequently and never neglect them.
3) Some supplements can help, but usually only for temporary relief and only for some people. Some include: magnesium, vitamin b-complex, turmeric, and even niacin.
4) Never cease to live life despite feeling like absolute garbage. The more you stop focusing on your misery and wishing you had never used/abused cannabis the more your brain can build new neuropathways that can lead to it's healing. In other words, "I think therefore I am".
5) The ultimate healer is time. Period.
6) Once you can reach a point of 180 days of symptoms free, you are likely cured of PAWS (some people have reached 90 days and had PAWS returned but we have yet to see 6 months and beyond)
7) Lastly, we have yet to see anyone on this forum saying past 3 years that they are not cured. Thus evidence on this forum shows that 3 years is the longest one suffers from PAWS.

Keep living your life, klim. It's going to be rough on days when depression is heavy. There is simply nothing that can be done about that outside of true grit. Those who get through PAWS develop a level of grit that few in life ever have to develop.

Fight on!

(PS. Look up the person "2yearquit" and read his story. I think you will find immense encouragement from his journey)
BullFrog

Likes Received: 75

Postby klim » Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:37 am

Thanks for the feedback. Thanks for the words of support.
klim

Postby klim » Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:43 am

Hello!
I feel paws again. Before that, I had 2 weeks respite - I felt good. But gradually I felt that I was getting tired faster, I felt that I lacked strength and energy. This is damn exhausting. A nightmare
klim

Postby klim » Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:42 am

In the evening, the mood is good. I set myself up for the fact that in the morning everything will be fine too. But no.
klim

Postby klim » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:50 am

at such moments my hands drop. it seems that this condition will not go away and that I ruined my life. And this is generally the end of my life. I have no fear. I want relief.
klim

Postby Eroica » Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:10 am

Klim dont despair. You didnt ruin your life! Guilt will only make things worse. When you feel really bad think what you can do to relieve some symptoms. Maybe review your diet or try to incorporate more exercise or find anything that makes you happy, or at least relieves the depression a little bit.
Eroica

Likes Received: 7

Postby klim » Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:24 am

Maybe someone had the following symptoms:
1. It’s cold then frying
2. Burning on grids and hands
3. Compression in the forehead cavity of the head
4. No appetite
5. Low libido
klim

Postby klim » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:30 am

My depression is flowing in waves. Depression lasts 1 week - then 2 weeks is normal.
Share your experience. Maybe someone went through these conditions? How to deal with it?
I am in doubt. Maybe I was always depressed? Is this not related to weeds? Help !!
klim

Postby desperate788 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:53 am

What kind of help you need? I appeal for help everyday here but no one helps. I just don't want to go to work. Though I couldn't find the relief hope you find.
desperate788

Likes Received: 52

Next

Return to Addictions