Fell off the no weed wagon.

Postby imondayXX » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:14 pm

Hey guys:

Been awhile since I visited here. Here is a bit of a recap of my current sobriety path:

Quit weed Feb 2019:
First 2.5 months - Could barely do anything except rest
3-6 months - Could do 2-3 hours of work per day (fatigue days hitting for 3-4 days at a time)
6-8 months - Random waves of fatigue from time to time
8-9.5 months - More or less felt cured and could work normally

At 9.5 months I fell off the wagon, smoked on and off for a month.

Been sober for 33 days now. Doesn't feel like the first time I've had paws. Just overall lack of motivation. Still working 2-3 hours a day, but just low energy and motivation. Wondering how long it will take for my brain to heal this time since I feel like I'm in the 6-8 months window right now.

Any thoughts or feedback? Thank you,
imondayXX

Likes Received: 3

Postby SparkleFly12 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:51 am

In my experience:
(1) its not a 1:1 relationship between amound/#days you smoke and number of days/months it takes for brain to recover. I smoked 12 days in a row after 3 months sober; it set my PAWS back 2.5 months. But I was using concentrates those 12 days, getting really high

(2) the only way to tell how long you are along is to compare your symptoms from a previous time. If you now feel like you did at 3-6 months, your recovery will be similar to how it was from the last time you felt this way

This is, of course, just my experience. Ive fallen off the bandwagon in such a way twice, and these are the two things I noticed about recovery time from that point on.
SparkleFly12

Likes Received: 25

Postby Thracian » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:09 am

Been a year and 5 months for me and I still crave it time to time. However I'm way better. Depression has improved drastically ,anxiety still lingers.
Thracian

Likes Received: 4

Postby SparkleFly12 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:19 am

How you doing @ImondayXX?

How is PAWS compared to the first time around? And Im curious how much you smoked this time around compared to the first time you went through PAWS?
SparkleFly12

Likes Received: 25