Fell off the no weed wagon.

Postby imondayXX » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:14 pm

Hey guys:

Been awhile since I visited here. Here is a bit of a recap of my current sobriety path:

Quit weed Feb 2019:
First 2.5 months - Could barely do anything except rest
3-6 months - Could do 2-3 hours of work per day (fatigue days hitting for 3-4 days at a time)
6-8 months - Random waves of fatigue from time to time
8-9.5 months - More or less felt cured and could work normally

At 9.5 months I fell off the wagon, smoked on and off for a month.

Been sober for 33 days now. Doesn't feel like the first time I've had paws. Just overall lack of motivation. Still working 2-3 hours a day, but just low energy and motivation. Wondering how long it will take for my brain to heal this time since I feel like I'm in the 6-8 months window right now.

Any thoughts or feedback? Thank you,
imondayXX

Likes Received: 4

Postby SparkleFly12 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:51 am

In my experience:
(1) its not a 1:1 relationship between amound/#days you smoke and number of days/months it takes for brain to recover. I smoked 12 days in a row after 3 months sober; it set my PAWS back 2.5 months. But I was using concentrates those 12 days, getting really high

(2) the only way to tell how long you are along is to compare your symptoms from a previous time. If you now feel like you did at 3-6 months, your recovery will be similar to how it was from the last time you felt this way

This is, of course, just my experience. Ive fallen off the bandwagon in such a way twice, and these are the two things I noticed about recovery time from that point on.
SparkleFly12

Likes Received: 30

Postby Thracian » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:09 am

Been a year and 5 months for me and I still crave it time to time. However I'm way better. Depression has improved drastically ,anxiety still lingers.
Thracian

Postby SparkleFly12 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:19 am

How you doing @ImondayXX?

How is PAWS compared to the first time around? And Im curious how much you smoked this time around compared to the first time you went through PAWS?
SparkleFly12

Postby imondayXX » Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:23 am

Hey @sparklefly12! For some reason I didn't get notified of your message.

For the first month as reported above I just had low energy, but no paws waves. Since this post I've had two paws waves lasting 4-5 days at a time. I had a great day yesterday, full of energy no paws and then paws hit me again today. I think it feels similar to the 6-8 month period last time I want to say.

As for smoking, I smoked for a month. Started off by having one toke per night and then slowly back into my old smoking ways of a lot. Only vaping and smoking, no concentrates, etc.. Sharing 3-4 joints a night. First 2 weeks were just a couple tokes here and there and then 2 weeks of 1-2 times a week of many joints and then I just stopped cold turkey. Probably total 5-6 nights of smoking total in one month (not counting 1 toke nights).

While I was smoking I felt all over the place and did not like how it felt. Now it's another 2 months so far invested into recovering again. I hope I never smoke ever again. I guess this time around I learned that even a little is not worth it.

Thanks for your reply.
imondayXX

Postby SparkleFly12 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:40 am

@imondayXX thanks for the reply! Hope you get notified of this one!

So at 2 months, you feel like you did at 8 months last time? What Im curious about is whether the healed brain reacts the same to weed as your brain before you smoked. Like once you are healed, if you toke up once, will you get crazy paws ll over again? Or are you actually healed and your brain will take a lot of smoke to develop paws again? It sounds like you smoked less (or for less days) this time around, and your paws symptoms are lighter.

When I smoked regularly and quit, after 3 months (I wasnt better yet) I smoked for 12 nights (concentrates) and it set the clock almost back to 0...12 nights was enough to undo all the time I had under my belt. Did it again after another 3.5 months; smoked for 10 nights straight...paws was reset again; clock turned back 3 months. But, both of these were back when I was not healed; and I smoked concentrates which just seem to mess me up so bad.

Ill admit, I do hope to have an occasional smoke on occasion. Not worried of ever smoking habitually, my life pretty prevents me from that now. But once fully healed, if one toke brings back paws, then im swearing off weed for life.

Or who knows, maybe I wont like smoking anymore once Im healed as you observed, haha.
SparkleFly12

Postby imondayXX » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:52 am

Thanks for your reply. Your comments earlier were helpful and I'm exactly at 2 months since I quit on December 19th.

What I've experienced this time around (3rd major quit) after falling off wagon for 1 months. Just smoking, not concentrates:
0-30 days: Overall tired and no motivation. Minor though, no paws.
30-60 days: Two waves of paws lasting 4-5 days. This past week I felt great for a day, then paws for a day, then great today with one feeling of "is paws going to hit" but had some caffeine and didn't. That would bring me to today. I have been back to exercising daily over the last week as well and eating well.

To answer your question, I believe I feel like I did in the 6-8 month period before in the last 2 months. I expect to have still have paws here and there but I hope that the worst of it is over and hopefully no more big stretches. I'll keep you posted.

When I was on my 8-9.5 months last sprint before I fell off the wagon I will note that I had quit caffeine that seemed to be a game changer during that period. This last two months I have been drinking caffeine and drinking a very minor amount. I will also note that there seems to be a correlation between being sober and increase in major sugar cravings. Sugar is not usually a part of my diet, only in minor amounts (ie. no candy or pop usually).

In summary... I LOVE smoking weed, but truly believe it is the devil's lettuce and won't touch it again. The 1 month of smoking is definitely not worth these 2 months of recovery. I have a lot to do it's so depressing when I don't have the energy to work my career at the performance level I need.
imondayXX

Postby imondayXX » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:55 am

@sparklefly12 ... To answer your question re:"do you believe you can have one toke and not experience paws all over again". I believe that at the 9.5 month stage I reached that if I was able to have one toke and not smoke, then yes, I wouldn't have paws at that level. The problem is that i'm a fn pot head and my smoking is compulsory once i have any. I never understood the saying "I haven't had a drink in 30 years, but I'm an alcoholic" until now... I'm a pot head and will be for life, but will never touch it again.
imondayXX

Postby SparkleFly12 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:01 pm

Gotcha...Thanks for posting back. Yea I totally get it that ot can be hard to control and best not to use at all. I actually started using regularly to cover up issues/insecurities in my personal life...which I have since fixed. But by the time I fixed it, my body was chemically hooked and quitting felt like sh**...so I never really actually tried to stop till a year ago (I thought there were no side effects to weed, so why stop). Ive actually took a toke on 2 different occasions in the past yr and have had weed in my closet this whole time...didnt get hooked again tho.

Cheers mate. Hope your remaining symptoms clear up soon.
SparkleFly12

Postby imondayXX » Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:01 pm

Where are you at with your symptoms now?
imondayXX

Postby SparkleFly12 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:27 pm

I still have sore muscles, swollen lymph node, headache, and poor sleep (and tiredness), and low libido.

But everything is getting better; better than a few months ago and I have some days where everything is mild. Still frustrating as hell but I do forget about it for parts of the day now.

Hope you are doing well
SparkleFly12

Postby imondayXX » Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:36 pm

@SparkleFly12 how far along are you now?

I just hit 6 months yesterday. I thought it would be easier since I only smoked for a month but no. The symptoms are not as bad but the duration is still here. Frustrating, but I'm happy I feel I can say I've quit for good. The relapses just aren't worth it.

I worked it out in the last 27 months I've spent 20 months sobering up or on paws and 7 months high. What a waste of time on one hand, but what valuable lessons I've learned on the other.

Hope you are well.
imondayXX