PAWS is not permanent

Postby olympus92 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:13 am

Just a shout-out to everyone who is in the early stages of PAWS Eg first 3 months.

This time is f***ing frightening trust me I know.

A lot thoughts and scary things are happening to your mind, anxiety dp/dr depression, thoughts of going psychotic etc.

And you may be feeling like this is permanent.

I'm here to tell you it's not.

First 3 months are the worse then the next 3 are hard too but not as intense

You're in for a fight don't get me wrong and it's going to be a tough one.

Surround yourself with friends and family. Workout and do yoga. Eat proper. Drink plenty of water. Surround yourself with positive materials Eg music and movies.

I made the choice to make my sobriety public and it took a lot of stress off my shoulders with people wondering why I was acting different.

All and all guys this can be overcomed. As long as you don't relapse this will end in no time.

Good luck to you all out there and may God be with you all.
olympus92

Postby Bombadil » Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:39 pm

Thanks for this reminder. When you're in the middle of a PAWS wave, it's easy to feel hopeless and that the storm is permanent. It's important to remind yourself that the storm will pass and to enjoy the moments of peace you have between the storms and give thanks. Gratitude attracts things to be grateful for.

God Bless
Bombadil

Likes Received: 1

Postby olympus92 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:01 pm

Getting lost in it becomes so easy you lose sight due to fear it's always good to hear stories for reassurance
olympus92

Postby SparkleFly12 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:47 pm

The only way to deal with PAWS is to accept the symptoms as a part of your life. Dont expect to be better tomorrow or next week; accept it and keep moving on with your life. But fundamental to being able to do this (imo) is knowing that PAWS WILL GO AWAY.

For now, your life may be sh** but itll get better in time.
SparkleFly12

Likes Received: 36

Postby olympus92 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:32 am

Exactly right it won't disappear it will fade off in its own time like an annoying relative who's just gonna "stay a few nights" you wanna believe it but you knows its gonna be a few months.
Little joke to lightening the moods
What I recommend is to help navigate through the paws in a more positive place instead of not knowing what to do when it hits
olympus92

Postby ashthewarrior7 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:59 pm

+1 to SparkleFly12
ashthewarrior7

Likes Received: 79

Postby whathaveidone » Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:50 pm

But sleep! I miss sleep...
whathaveidone

Likes Received: 1

Postby olympus92 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:50 am

Having an 8hr straight sleep is what I miss most. Havnt happened in 5 months but you'll get there my friend. Drink chamomile tea and read a book before bed helps a hella lot
olympus92