Please help...Weed PAWS or something worse?

Postby Unususal » Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:29 pm

Hello everyone,

First of all thank you very much for sharing your stories.
They gave me hope that I am not going crazy and it might be "just" PAWS.

I am a 31 year old male. I never smoked a lot during my teen years. Maybe once every month or 2.
However, the last 6-9 months I started to work with a new music group (I have a small home studio) and started smoking almost daily. Weed and sometimes Hashish.

Then, with the end of 2019 I decided that I would like to take a break.
On NYE I went to a party and had a lot of Vodka & Red bull (stupid I know).
Being totally wasted, I've managed to get into a big fight with my girlfriend.

On the 02.01.2020. (4 days no weed) I went to bed and couldn't sleep. I had these horrible intrusive thoughts about hurting my girlfriend and was on the edge of a panic attack. I tried to calm myself and thought it is just the Caffeine from the Red bull from NYE.

However, since then I am struggling with serious insomnia and intrusive thoughts.
I am urinating like crazy and feel anxious all the time...No DP / DR or headaches.

After googling the symptoms (worst idea ever) I was sure that I am going crazy. I had and still have such a fear of being schizophrenic...Then I started thinking about demons, cause I have read a story about a schizophrenic having demonic hallucinations and now I have this intrusive thought that a demon is standing next to me or behind me...I am always listening and checking If I hear sounds nobody else is hearing or seeing things nobody else is seeing..
So far I am sure I had no delusions or hallucinations.

I am roughly 5 weeks clean.

Is this still PAWS? Please comment If you experienced the same or something similar.
I would really appreciate it and it would really help me..

Thank you all.
Unususal

Likes Received: 1

Postby Eroica » Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:42 pm

Yes. Instrusive, weird thoughts are part of PAWS. They will end soon in your case I believe because your daily habit only lasted 9 months. Hang in there. Just dont smoke again!
Eroica

Likes Received: 6

Postby Unususal » Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:52 pm

Eroica wrote:Yes. Instrusive, weird thoughts are part of PAWS. They will end soon in your case I believe because your daily habit only lasted 9 months. Hang in there. Just dont smoke again!

Thank you very much for your reply.
You have no idea how much it means to me.

I am so afraid that I am mentally ill that I cried for hours last night...It is really awful.
I went to a psychiatrist and he gave me clonazepam and Melatonin.

First I didn't want to take any clonazepam, but I took it this morning in order to function at work and it is definitely helping.
Unususal

Postby Unususal » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:39 pm

Now I feel a lil bit better again.
It is really true that PAWS hits hard in the morning and in my case in the afternoon (after lunch).
In the evenings I almost feel completely normal.

Stay strong everyone...
Unususal

Postby SparkleFly12 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:52 pm

@Unusual,
Yes crazy thoughts are normal; as are crazy/scary dreams and poor sleep.
I used to drink rb+v a LOT (so, so stupid) and that never caused anything like this, only feeling completely sh**, embarrassed and depressed the next 1-3 days. What you describe sounds like paws.
You use any other drugs regularly before NYE? Were you a daily drinker? Cause that can cause paws too, and supposedly more intense than weed.
SparkleFly12

Likes Received: 26

Postby Unususal » Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:18 am

Thank you for your reply SparkleFly12..

No I actually never used anything except weed.
I was drinking, but maybe once or twice a month.
But the crazy, intrusive thoughts and the anxiety and fear it might be something worse makes me panick and makes me wanna cry instantly..I am such a mess right now.

I really hope that it is PAWS, but somehow I also find ways to convince myself its something worse..

Thank you..stay strong
Unususal

Postby uniqueason » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:09 am

Unususal wrote:Hello everyone,

First of all thank you very much for sharing your stories.
They gave me hope that I am not going crazy and it might be "just" PAWS.

I am a 31 year old male. I never smoked a lot during my teen years. Maybe once every month or 2.
However, the last 6-9 months I started to work with a new music group (I have a small home studio) and started smoking almost daily. Weed and sometimes Hashish.

Then, with the end of 2019 I decided that I would like to take a break.
On NYE I went to a party and had a lot of Vodka & Red bull (stupid I know).
Being totally wasted, I've managed to get into a big fight with my girlfriend.

On the 02.01.2020. (4 days no weed) I went to bed and couldn't sleep. I had these horrible intrusive thoughts about hurting my girlfriend and was on the edge of a panic attack. I tried to calm myself and thought it is just the Caffeine from the Red bull from NYE.

However, since then I am struggling with serious insomnia and intrusive thoughts.
I am urinating like crazy and feel anxious all the time...No DP / DR or headaches.

After googling the symptoms (worst idea ever) I was sure that I am going crazy. I had and still have such a fear of being schizophrenic...Then I started thinking about demons, cause I have read a story about a schizophrenic having demonic hallucinations and now I have this intrusive thought that a demon is standing next to me or behind me...I am always listening and checking If I hear sounds nobody else is hearing or seeing things nobody else is seeing..
So far I am sure I had no delusions or hallucinations.

I am roughly 5 weeks clean.

Is this still PAWS? Please comment If you experienced the same or something similar.
I would really appreciate it and it would really help me..

Thank you all.

its crazy asfuck how i experience the same thing scared of EVERY thing you mention it will be hard time my friend ive seen MANY MANY story of poeple who went the same thing: lefttheleaf,soberchic,olympus1992,jkwolfe,tomolie, jaybeast13 and i pass alot im so scared im bout to go crazy and i check every sound and what i see too im scared im about to have a psychotic break and start to have delusion not cool at all im 3month 2 week in from stopped a very big weed habit
uniqueason

Likes Received: 6

Postby Unususal » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:29 am

its crazy asfuck how i experience the same thing scared of EVERY thing you mention it will be hard time my friend ive seen MANY MANY story of poeple who went the same thing: lefttheleaf,soberchic,olympus1992,jkwolfe,tomolie, jaybeast13 and i pass alot im so scared im bout to go crazy and i check every sound and what i see too im scared im about to have a psychotic break and start to have delusion not cool at all im 3month 2 week in from stopped a very big weed habit

Wow 3 and a half months...you are a f***in hero man

I am in my fifth week and I am having a really hard time..I dont know If I am goona be able to manage another 2,3,6 months...
Thank you for sharing your experience.
It somehow gives me hope that it is just PAWS

I just cant convince myself completely that it is "just" PAWS with this crazy and irrational intrusive thoughts and the fear I am going crazy..

What are your other symptoms if you don't mind sharing.

Stay strong brother
Unususal

Postby olympus92 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:15 am

PAWS man it's all PAWS I had the same thing worried I was going to hurt my child or girlfriend. Trust me you won't do it. It's a hard thing to comprehend I even took antipsychotics because of it (bad decision) read some of my posts it might help.

You aren't going schitz either it's just PAWS
olympus92

Postby Unususal » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:33 am

olympus92 wrote:PAWS man it's all PAWS I had the same thing worried I was going to hurt my child or girlfriend. Trust me you won't do it. It's a hard thing to comprehend I even took antipsychotics because of it (bad decision) read some of my posts it might help.

You aren't going schitz either it's just PAWS

Thank you olympus92..

I have read your story...I instantly felt a lil better, cause I saw so many similarities.
I still find it unbelievable that this can come from using MJ for 9 months..
That is shocking me the most, cause i really did not expect it.

Hope we both loose these intrusive thoughts and get back to a 100%.

Thank you brother..stay strong
Unususal

Postby olympus92 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:55 am

The intrusive thoughts do go away mine are at a very small every now and then but the severity from it is so much much less. More like an annoying pimple like ah sh** theres one. Won't be long before you are back to yourself. Stay strong brother
olympus92

Postby Unususal » Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:16 pm

olympus92 wrote:The intrusive thoughts do go away mine are at a very small every now and then but the severity from it is so much much less. More like an annoying pimple like ah sh** theres one. Won't be long before you are back to yourself. Stay strong brother

Thank you very much brother. This means the world to me.

I went to a psychologist and she does not believe it is from weed Paws.
Instead she is trying to dig up something from my past, causing the anxiety and obsessive thoughts.
I think they just do not understand it...

You really gave me hope with your posts Olympus92.
I will keep this thread going and please keep posting.

I hope we will all recover soon...
Unususal

Postby olympus92 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:56 pm

Yeah my psychologist understood it was from PAWS it's just anxiety bro the what ifs is what really gets the whole panic going. Some don't understand it because there's no science behind it. You're not crazy man, before weed you wernt like this it hasn't made you into this either
olympus92

Postby ashthewarrior7 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:58 pm

You're gonna be fine, any supplements and medication you're taking, especially psychiatric, make sure your shrink weans it off and doesn't stop it abruptly. otherwise that will just trigger its own PAWS. PAWS is just you adjusting to life without weed and giving you a hard time about it. Its just a process of adaption. Your body is trying to make an outwardly connection or logic of whats going wrong, but in reality its all internal and your subconscious is driving you crazy. so keep yourself busy so that there is no room for your crazy thoughts.
ashthewarrior7

Likes Received: 79

Postby Unususal » Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:54 pm

You're gonna be fine, any supplements and medication you're taking, especially psychiatric, make sure your shrink weans it off and doesn't stop it abruptly. otherwise that will just trigger its own PAWS. PAWS is just you adjusting to life without weed and giving you a hard time about it. Its just a process of adaption. Your body is trying to make an outwardly connection or logic of whats going wrong, but in reality its all internal and your subconscious is driving you crazy. so keep yourself busy so that there is no room for your crazy thoughts.

Thank you very much ashthewarrior7.

Your and the other posts really help me getting through the day.
The funny thing is I sometimes feel great for an hour or two and a few minutes later I feel like a mess and the obsessive thoughts and the fear of having schizophrenia overcomes me.
I just can not believe that this is all due to 6-9 months of cannabis use...but I really hope it is..
Besides that I am struggling with insomnia (waking up every hour) and really vivid dreams..It is like I am not even sleeping.

I am not really depressed and have no headaches or DP / DR.

Thank you all..
Stay strong everyone and please post if you are going through something similar.
Unususal

Next