Is it really PAWS?

Postby whathaveidone » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:37 pm

I don't understand how I could have messed myself up so bad... It feels like I've ruined myself.

I would smoke weed every once in a while throughout 2019. Whenever I stopped I felt no particular change. I would stop for a week or two. One time I stopped for a month and felt no withdrawal symptoms.

Nov and Dec I smoked a lot more. I smoked almost everyday. I fell into a hole of depression quickly because I wasn't doing anything else. On the days I didn't smoke I felt like crying and sleep started to feel weird. I would pass out high and forget to brush my teeth.

Then I left for vacation mid December. First I noticed stomach issues, then bronchitis-like symptoms. I took antibiotics. This is when the insomnia started... The insomnia was driving me insane, I had never had insomnia before and I didn't know what was going on. My head felt like it was on fire, completely unable to relax. I would close my eyes and see my dreams but never sleep. I had an auditory hallucination. I would shake, I felt chills. I took stuff for sleep but it didn't make a difference (amitriptalyne once, 2mg lorazepam 4 times).

I was in a constant state of panic. I felt terror. I was disoriented and stupid. I felt like a vegetable. Every minute of existing was a struggle. My doctor had me do xrays, ct scans, blood tests, an electroencephalogram, etc... Everything came back okay... I'm following through with a psychiatrist...

I'm on day 50 now. I think I've been sober for more days than I used weed for those two months of 2019. I still can't sleep properly. I've never had issues with sleep. I can sleep 6-7 hours on a good night, waking up 2-4 times a night, but sometimes I'm back to waking up at 2am and not being able to get back to sleep...

Is this really paws? Can 2 months be enough to cause this sort of reaction?
whathaveidone

Likes Received: 1

Postby Unususal » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:57 pm

Hey brother i am preety sure it is paws.
We are in the same boat I did not sleep good for over a month and I have really irrational thoughts that I can't stop.
I am roughly 5 weeks clean.
I was also just smoking daily for a few months..and I hope it is paws and not something worse.
I have terrible intrusive thoughts about harming my loved ones and I am also really scared that I am on my way of becoming a schizophrenic..
We are all scared, but please hang in there brother.
I am sure you will make it.
The fact that there are a lot of us with almost the same symptoms gives me hope that it is "just" paws.

Stay strong
Unususal

Postby Eroica » Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:07 am

Yes. You have to remember that when you were smoking occassionally, your brain was still slowly adapting to the presence of THC even though you felt no withdrawal. You were slowly becoming addicted. Then the tipping point was smoking everyday for two months. Good luck and congrats on 50 days. You should start feeling better soon. Just dont smoke again!
Eroica

Likes Received: 4

Postby Unususal » Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:54 am

How are @whathaveidone?
Did you talk to a psychiatrist?

Stay strong...
Unususal

Postby ashthewarrior7 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:58 am

there was another kid here, long ago, don't remember his name right now, but he too had smoked just for a month or two and had PAWS for months, its enough time for you to get dependent on weed. You'll come out of it, dont worry.

question - did you smoke the same strain or batch for the 2 months everyday?
ashthewarrior7

Likes Received: 79

Postby whathaveidone » Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:46 pm

No, I smoked a lot of hybrids at first, then I moved on to sativa strains. It was a different strain almost every day.
whathaveidone