Confused after talking to doctor... Please help

Postby Unususal » Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:11 pm

Dear Candid,
I would kindly ask you to not write posts like this further.
This community is a big help to all of us suffering from Paws.
Even if it is complete BS and we are just anxious for no reason and making up the connection between canabis and the state we are in, it still is a big help for me and the others to overcome the hard times.

Thank you.
All the best..
Unususal

Likes Received: 1

Postby tokeless » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:42 pm

Can you clarify what trained in PAWS means and how they train for that? I worked in addiction services for 17 years and have never heard of such a thing... Thank you[/quote]

Trained to identify the symptoms of PAWS. Wow, if you worked in addiction services and dont believe in withdrawal symptoms while gaslighting your patients about their suffering, I really feel for them.

Why do you continue to troll the board?[/quote]

So, instead of answering my question you attack me as a troll. Of course I understand withdrawal but no, you fire out your 'wisdom' but can't back it up so you attack. Part of managing addiction is challenging your beliefs which are often false or constructed to avoid the reality. PAWS on this forum has become obsessional and people are so focused on it must be PAWS they refuse to consider anything else. I wonder if personality disorder is covered too because its sure looking like it to me. So, either back up your opinion or admit you can't.. Quite simple really.
tokeless

Likes Received: 261

Postby tokeless » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:44 pm

Unususal wrote:Dear Candid,
Even if it is complete BS and we are just anxious for no reason and making up the connection between canabis and the state we are in, it still is a big help for me and the others to overcome the hard times.

Thank you.
All the best..

You could always PM each other so the forum can be less colicky?
tokeless

Postby Unususal » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:33 pm

tokeless wrote:
Unususal wrote:Dear Candid,

Thank you.
All the best..

You could always PM each other so the forum can be less colicky?

Sorry for posting this and thanks for the suggestion.
Unususal

Likes Received: 1

Postby olympus92 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:09 pm

Candid this part of the forum is about addictions not generalised anxiety issues. You even said last time you smoked was in the 70s where weed was more bush than hydro and a Lot has changed since then. PAWS is definitely a real thing and going through a withdrawal will obviously give symptoms of withdrawal just like cigarettes or alcohol so we would all appreciate it if you didn't come onto this side and talk bout PAWS when you wouldn't have that much of an idea about why goes on with people like us.

#justkeepingthepeace
olympus92

Postby Candid » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:27 am

Unususal and olympus92: I will cheerfully stay away from threads you start, how's that? The OP here appreciated something I wrote (see post 5). But naturally when I'm directly addressed, I will reply to others, as well.

Unususal wrote:Even if it is complete BS and we are just anxious for no reason and making up the connection between canabis and the state we are in, it still is a big help for me and the others to overcome the hard times.

If you wish to go on fooling yourself, great -- as long as you acknowledge (to yourself, not to me) that you were lonely or depressed or whatever before you started using, and are now using so-called PAWS to give you membership of an online club here. No one's forcing you to get over it and "just get on with life as a non-smoker", to quote tokeless. Similarly, no one's forcing you to read my posts. You can easily skip over them if you want to. You can even go to the user control panel and list me as an enemy, then my posts won't show up for you.

olympus92 wrote:Candid this part of the forum is about addictions not generalised anxiety issues.

Point is, all the symptoms of so-called PAWS can be found in great numbers of the general population, people who've never smoked. The PAWS concept gives you a reason to talk yourself into using again. Is that what you want? Maybe I could write that my PAWS symptoms were so bad, I started using again and I'm much happier for it?

You even said last time you smoked was in the 70s where weed was more bush than hydro and a Lot has changed since then.

Yes, I've heard that argument before. Also before you were born, a prophet called Bob Dylan let the world know the times they were a-changin', and he was right. There was no internet. Whenever you made a phone call you were tied to one spot for the duration. When I quit weed I'd managed to insult or alienate all my straight friends, or they'd stayed away for fear of contamination, and I was no longer welcomed by my stoner friends. Yes, it was rough. Of course it was. But PAWS hadn't been invented, so I had no choice but "just get on with life as a non-smoker", to quote tokeless. Had the Uncommon Forum existed, and had I stumbled across all the PAWS posts here, I'm sure I would have been moaning with the best of you -- all the time avoiding the bother of making real-life friendships and worse, convincing myself there was a good reason to start using again.

PAWS is definitely a real thing

Actually it isn't, that's why there's no medical 'cure'. The only people researching it are off their faces. It's merely a convenient umbrella term for any and every misery people experience a couple of weeks after quitting any habit -- all of which, as pointed out several times, are equally common in people who've never used. When you're no longer heading out to score, what exactly will you be doing? Sitting around with other users was fun, right? And nothing has replaced it. You liked the anticipation you experienced while skinning up. That's gone, too. You've now got too much time on your hands. So you start examining yourself, your mind and your body, for symptoms. Do that, and you'll find them.

PAWS is such a terrible, agonising experience, and you know only too well what will make it go away. As a prelude to using again, you can come here and maybe talk someone else out of it, but with people reporting PAWS symptoms years after their last smoke, you're going to get discouraged. There's no end to the symptoms because, as noted, they strike users and non-users alike. IOW you had something that lifted you out of humdrum, and now you've stopped using, you're back in humdrum.

we would all appreciate it if you didn't come onto this side and talk bout PAWS when you wouldn't have that much of an idea about why goes on with people like us.

Ah, "we would all appreciate", where "we" = "people like us". What "we" have, in a public forum accessible to anyone, is an exclusive club. You wish to exclude me, but you don't have that power. I've stumbled into this smoke-filled room saying "Step outside! It's a lovely day!" and naturally you don't want to hear it. In this room, it's compulsory to acknowledge PAWS is real, and terrible, and nothing can cure it but time, and nobody knows how much time.

And in that nightmare, that torture chamber, is a man called tokeless. He's been through it. He had to tough it out, which of course is the only way through. He spent nearly two decades working with addicts. He knows his stuff.

tokeless wrote:My own belief is we can over analyse how we feel and this heightens us to feel things we may not be so aware of if we just get on with life as a non smoker.

and

PAWS on this forum has become obsessional and people are so focused on it must be PAWS they refuse to consider anything else
Candid
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 376

Postby olympus92 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:19 am

Says she'll happily stay away then posts this big donkey post Lmao OK boomer

Yes us because we are all in a similar boat that you have no idea about.

Honestly leave us alone people like you who go around say it's bs and made up make me sick. Poor members sign up to seek help with recovering their addictions and you have the god damn nerve to attack them saying its not real.
It doesn't happen to everyone just like alcohol tobacco and other addictions don't have withdrawl symptoms for everyone but have symptoms for others.

Over 88000 posts of people saying its real can't be wrong.

Now kindly leave the addiction section. Don't reply. Don't apologise. Don't do anything just shoo
olympus92

Postby olympus92 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:21 am

And tbh couldn't even read your whole post it done my head it straight away, I'm just so annoyed at this, thinking you're helping. We are all helping each other here to get through this into to light, think OK no you're a saviour **** me
olympus92

Postby tokeless » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:35 am

Got a feeling this is getting more about you than us. Why do you suggest looking at your posts for your story? Just set up a support group on WhatsApp or other platform then you can indulge each other with tales of PAWS? Seriously, own it but don't try and dominate a forum.. Haven't you noticed there's less posters lately? If you believe you're truly an addict then join a group for that.. This forum used to be about moving on, recovery and support.. Now it's about PAWS, PAWS and little else.....maybe about you too??
tokeless

Postby Candid » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:02 pm

olympus92 wrote:Says she'll happily stay away then posts this big donkey post Lmao OK boomer

I'll let you off this, because impaired comprehension and concentration are PAWS symptoms. I said I would cheerfully stay off threads started by you or unususal, whose unususal spelling is also a PAWS symptom. This thread was started by someone other than you two.

Honestly leave us alone

Again, what I said in my last post was that if I'm addressed directly, I'll usually (or ususally) reply.
Also as said before, you have the option of ignoring my posts.

people like you...

As opposed to the "people like us" who are members of the exclusive club here, right?

... who go around say it's bs and made up make me sick.

So not everything is PAWS, some of it is your interface with other people. Good to know.

Over 88000 posts of people saying its real can't be wrong.

If the same handful of ignoramuses post the same thing 88,000 times, yes indeed they can be wrong. Plenty of sacred cows have been overturned, things everyone previously believed that have since been disproved.

And tbh couldn't even read your whole post it done my head it straight away,

Nah, that wasn't me. Lack of concentration and comprehension leading to the feeling of your head being "done in" are definitely PAWS symptoms.

Now kindly leave the addiction section. Don't reply. Don't apologise. Don't do anything just shoo

Nope. Still here. Do feel free to ignore me.
Candid
MVP
MVP

Postby Candid » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:07 pm

tokeless wrote:This forum used to be about moving on, recovery and support.. Now it's about PAWS, PAWS and little else.....maybe about you too??

Yes and yes. On any given day we've got that 'desperate' guy and the PAWS brigade cluttering up the forum with endless moaning about how terrible their lives are, supporting each other to stay stuck in helpless.

Part of managing addiction is challenging your beliefs which are often false or constructed to avoid the reality.

PAWS for thought.
Candid
MVP
MVP

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:11 pm

olympus92 wrote: Over 88000 posts of people saying its real can't be wrong.

@Olympus...if the above is what you think makes something “real” it is no surprise that you struggle. There are millions of posts about aliens, astrology, a flat earth, different religions, etc. I guess according to your measure of what is “real” and correct the world is both flat and round at the same time.

If anyone should apologize it is you for your blatant ignorance.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 1095

Postby olympus92 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:47 pm

Lmao who the fook is that guy

I'm not in a struggle anymore I've overcome the withdrawls I had with help of others in this forum and I continue to stay and help others who go through what I've went through. Learn before you talk sh**

And don't be so bored with your lives you had to come to a section where people are helping each other to create drama because you have nothing else good going on for yourself. f***ing boomers. Don't hate us thT you hate your own life
olympus92

Postby olympus92 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:54 pm

Sorry whtivedone that your post went to sh**.

I'll be the bigger person out of these boomers and leave the thread now.

If you need anything mate find me
olympus92

Postby tokeless » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:16 pm

Ah don't go. It was getting interesting.
tokeless

PreviousNext